• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Opkl on May 31, 2011, 11:12:24 AM
No I think he means ElRHW over an interchange piece (on/off ramp starters). There are no pieces for that currently, but I like this FLEX-straight idea!  ;D It would make many interchanges more compact. Exla357, that was a great idea there. I don't think it would be impossible to create.

Starter pieces already are already "FLEX-Straight", in and of themselves.  As you'll notice, you can drag Ground RHWs under ERHW starters.

-Alex

Tarkus

Double posting, though I think this merits it:

Figured out what had been interfering with them . . . some stability code on the ERHW-6C-over-RHW-4.  Now to path them. ;D

-Alex

ivo_su

Finally lived to see so awaited ERHW-6c on the RHW-10 thank you Alex that I would be of great benefit in the future. I can not wait to release the so awaited verisii of RHW, NWM and NAM but will keep my patience because I know that everything must be tested and found to be perfect before we use it.

Ivo

rhwfanatic221

Quote from: Tarkus on May 31, 2011, 10:23:12 PM
Double posting, though I think this merits it:

Figured out what had been interfering with them . . . some stability code on the ERHW-6C-over-RHW-4.  Now to path them. ;D

-Alex

&apls Nice, I love the new ERHW 6 over the 10, can't wait to use it... and I'm curious as to if there's any RHW Tuleps similar to something like having two left turn lanes, and two right turn lanes. And for that matter just anything more than having two turn lanes; one going left and one right (that's all I've seen lately). Also on that note, I've been wanting to know if this would be included in the NAM as a Road Tulep or if the RHW Tuleps would be listed as an RHW item? If you can answer that of course  :)

ivo_su

Quote from: rhwfanatic221 on June 01, 2011, 06:25:35 AM
&apls Nice, I love the new ERHW 6 over the 10, can't wait to use it... and I'm curious as to if there's any RHW Tuleps similar to something like having two left turn lanes, and two right turn lanes. And for that matter just anything more than having two turn lanes; one going left and one right (that's all I've seen lately). Also on that note, I've been wanting to know if this would be included in the NAM as a Road Tulep or if the RHW Tuleps would be listed as an RHW item? If you can answer that of course  :)

Well I think that what you are talking about already exists - cosmetic mod to Maarten for RHW. Naturally it has no pieces RHW-10 and 8c but I am absolutely certain that in version 4.2 everything is going. You must pay attention to its development because it makes some of the most beautiful textures throughout the NAM team.

GDO29Anagram

Well said, Ivo, though I would want to revise your statement a bit wit a few of Maarten's pictures...

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 09, 2011, 11:27:53 PM

Maarten has long since created quite an array of RHW-10S and 6C Cosmetic Pieces, and, like the 6C median light mods, the 6C Cosmetic pieces also work for the 8C. It's just that they're made for the median only, and no pieces have been made for the outer parts yet.

There are, however, legitimate RHW TuLEPs. They're best suited for RHW-2, 4, and MIS. I believe this is what you're asking for, rhwfanatic221...? There was also <a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=8460.msg263804#msg263804">a more elaborate setup back on Page 1 of the TuLEPs Thread</a>.

Quote from: Blue Lightning <a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.msg363212#msg363212">(Page 378)</a>

They would be technically be classified as an RHW TuLEP, and would have a button under the Highways Menu, though the one on page 378 is draggable.

Like what Ivo said, you have to keep your eyes peeled, because you never know what might spring up.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Nego

Also, here are some older TuLEPs using the current V4 textures:

Quote from: Tarkus on June 16, 2010, 06:13:53 PM
Introducing RHW-2 and RHW-4 TuLEPs:

These TuLEPs, like all future TuLEPs, utilize modular flat-model arrow overlays, greatly reducing the number of required textures (and thus, filesize) as well as allowing for interchangeable arrow textures across multiple texture sets.

-Alex

I don't know if these have been updated yet, as I am not a member of the NAM Team, but the RHW-2 TuLEPs would more than likely now fit under the category of WRHW-2 TuLEPs.

Ramona Brie

*is stunned* That last one reminds me of Arizona State Route 87 climbing out of Phoenix. Lots of intersecting roads treated just like that.

Tarkus

I've done some work on some V5-Spec textures for them--as you can see with the RHW-4 ones, they're still in need of some tweaking.

However, I don't believe they're enabled in the current Alpha Build, and I'm uncertain as to whether or not they'll make it into Version 4.2.  I've made some substantial progress getting some things that were in need of pathing/repathing done on the RHW side recently, but I also have the NWM content to contend with as well.

-Alex

riiga

More on the TuLEP front - RHW-2/WRHW-2/RHW-3 TuLEPs:

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Nego

Nice work, Tarkus and riiga! :thumbsup: The TuLEPs are looking great.

@riiga: Nice work on the Euro RHW textures. &apls

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ivo_su

I want to express a criticism. This is my personal opinion and does not commit anyone to it.
  For me, the highways are a road that has no restrictions  or if there are any they are minor (only for speed and overtaking). Therefore I think it's insane to have a highway intersection  with traffic lights  to limit traffic. However, the idea of highways and highway is the fastest movement from point A  to point B. I do not think it is right so fast network intersects the normal road or avenue. Much more useful would be to have an overpass or underpass and Sideways to link them to the highway such as in Maxi's.
I personally use the highways at least 6 or more lanes which means that my minimum is RHW-6. The only mod that I've done much useful work is a cosmetic mod Maarten with the help of which put arrows discounts from the highway. For this project I think of Riga and Tarkus are nice but useless at least for me. Otherwise, the textures of  Riga are very beautiful and I think that your talent has a great future in TuLEP's.

Sorry to be so critical, do not want to touch you - neither one of you.

Ivo

io_bg

Quote from: ivo_su on June 02, 2011, 01:47:19 PMI want to express a criticism. This is my personal opinion and does not commit anyone to it.
I absolutely agree with you, however it seems things are different in the USA. In Europe highways cannot have level crossings with any other roads while in the USA they can have.
But this still doesn't mean I wouldn't use those RHW-Tuleps when they're released. They might look good if the RHW they're built on is pretended to be a ring road for example ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ivo_su

Wow Alex this is something amazing. Congratulations  on the good work. Just can I ask whether there is projected to  pieces  HSRP to cross over RHW.

j-dub

QuoteFor me, the highways are a road that has no restrictions  or if there are any they are minor (only for speed and overtaking). Therefore I think it's insane to have a highway intersection  with traffic lights  to limit traffic. However, the idea of highways and highway is the fastest movement from point A  to point B. I do not think it is right so fast network intersects the normal road or avenue. Much more useful would be to have an overpass or underpass and Sideways to link them to the highway such as in Maxi's.

Ivo_su and Io_bg, as you know, RHW originally was known as Rural Highway, instead of Real Highway. The rural highway did not originally have interchanges until later. The US has different types of highways. The interstate is the highway system that is designed for speed and not to have traffic signal intersections that limit traffic, interstate highways don't usually have regular flat junctions. Where as, a rural highway can have flat 4-way junctions.

Some of those proposed TuLEPs are what some intersections in the US looks like, but if your on an interstate, you won't come across that. However, there are a limited number of some highways in the US that go miles with multiple interchanges, but still have flat intersections with traffic lights at some point. If a network has a number, it is considered a highway, but it is not always an interstate highway.

This type of setup is actually designed so the traffic using the RHW can go across over a near-by El-RHW or under an avenue overpass without stopping, while those who want to get off the highway, have a traffic signal to safely get off when the exit on the MIS ramps.

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on June 02, 2011, 01:52:21 PM
Wow Alex this is something amazing. Congratulations  on the good work. Just can I ask whether there is projected to  pieces  HSRP to cross over RHW.

Thanks, and yes, the HSR-over-Ground RHW functionality will be expanded as well . . . haven't started on it yet, but I don't anticipate it being terribly difficult.  Pics when I'm done on that front. :)

-Alex

ivo_su

J-dub thanks for the information I really did not know that initially RHW started as a dirt road that is rural. But I still hold to my words and if most places on the highway is permitted to move over 120-130 km / h and in Germany and Austria has no speed limit how the hell will stop at red so fast moving vehicle.
But Europe and the U.S. is a completely different and things that seem illogical here are completely normal for you and vice versa.

Deep bow to you all.
Ivo