• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Train Mission Bugs

Started by Starmanw402007, September 14, 2007, 06:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

Howdie Mayors, I'm not sure where to put this thread. So, here it goes. I'm having problems with The train mission Steven's Point of SC4. when I go to do the training mission, The train derails automatically when I just getting started of that current mission. As anyone else experience this problem with SC4? Train Automatically
derailing itself and causing you to fail the mission? I have my rails located on the outside of the city. And Passenger Station every 2 blocks and Freight Station the same distant. Except for when in the city, they are everyblock.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

RippleJet

Sometimes the UDI train engine is placed across the tracks, instead of along the tracks, and naturally derails...
There isn't much you can do about it, other than saving before starting the train mission and then reloading the game if that happens.

Starmanw402007

So that means I cant do train mission right? lol.

Your Friend;
(Proud To Be Cities OF Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

RippleJet

If you fail a train mission and don't reload a saved situation before the mishap, you will be offered the same UDI mission exactly one game-year ahead in time.

Starmanw402007

What I was doing was testing training mission to activate all other train mission. But for some reason after I've reloaded the game in order to try again. The train keeps "timing out" causing me to fail the mission all together.
I've reloaded the game at 5 times in each case it timed out on me.

Your Friend;

P.S. This only happens with the train mission. All other missions are fine. Or should I say as Tony the Tiger would say Great!
Your Friend;