• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Making terrain mods...

Started by mightygoose, January 24, 2008, 09:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

Now i know there isnt a tutorial for this, so i would like to ask for someone of sufficient experience to create one.... please
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jeronij

Well, I dont know what you are exactly looking for, but if you want to make a terrain mod, you can use this tutorial:

Terrain Tutorial File
by Thalassicus May 23, 2005 12:07 PM
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=12555

This is the one I used to create the Columbus Terrain Mod Snowscapped version. There are also several terrain texture packs available somewhere in the STEX, and if you also use Cycledogg's ones, you can create a nice mod without having to create any texture.

I hope this is what you are looking for  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mightygoose

you know that is brilliant. apart from one thing. Part four is not completed and i would like to use my own textures. do you know how to do this?
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jeronij

http://www.sc4devotion.com/multimedia/custom_ SC4_terrain_from_existing_textures.pdf   ;D

To create your own textures I dont recall how this exactly works, but I think you need to define a texture exemplar (type and group 6534284A     89C2A517)  and associate it with a texture (FSH) file (type and group 7AB50E44     891B0E1A) The texture needs five fsh files, one per zoom level.

How you do link them?.
Lets say the texture exemplar ID is:

000000AA

The FSH files IDs should be:

000000AA zoom 1
000001AA zoom 2
000002AA zoom 3
000003AA zoom 4
000004AA zoom 5

More or less it works this way. However, if you open an existing mod and study it a little bit, you will easily understand it.

I hope this helps
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary