• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

traffic light mod

Started by jpc26, July 08, 2008, 01:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpc26

can someone make a mod that moves the traffic light to the correct side of the intersection? like in the USA? i think it would be easy, but i have no experience in modding.

j-dub

Are you refering to something like this for avenues? I suppose you could ask Heblem to release those as avenue exemplar signals, I know its something I might have done.

This would be a great conversation for the traffic light thread. The idea of having the traffic lights corrected has been brought up before, but the problem is its the type of work only the NAM team can do, because it would require new stop points to be added after the intersection. The reason the avenue signals are the way they are now is because they won't work when positioned the right way. If only it was easy, then maybe EA wouldn't have done this with SimCity to the traffic lights like this in Burnout Paradise as well. However, ignoring the wrong side of the road, this is a type of avenue intersection, and you can see the lights work on the other side 3 tiles away, although those other networks are all roads.