• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Retaining walls for NAM

Started by Xyloxadoria, February 16, 2008, 12:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordAndromeda

Xyloxadoria, I think what you are doing here is amazing!  I do have one little suggestion though.  Maybe make the Sunken Highway retainers angled a bit (not necessarily 45 degrees) so that we can see more of the road in-game.  Of course, thats just imho.  It's your [totally awesome] project, and it's up to you what to do.  Keep up the outstanding work and good luck with those finals!  I hear statistically, 'Answer C' has a 7% greater chance of being right when you're going off a blind shot in the dark!  :thumbsup:

Xyloxadoria

I have started again and i think i am doing what i need to do correctly. The prop that i made is just a 16x16 box with a height of 20 (15 above ground and 5 below ground) From what i understood form swamper's tutorial, and what has been said before, i have to copy the LotConfigPropertyLotObject from my lot (it only has one because there is only that single prop) to the appropriate file that is listed in the exemplar analyzer with the t 21 filter on. I understand that part but dint know if there is more than that to do. (I don't understand the pivot thing) Anyway, since most of the straight piecies are just a 1x1 block with a 16x16x15 space under it, could i just copy the same prop to all such files, or would i have to make a seprate copy for each lot? Also, is roadramp 1 or roadramp 3 the lowest (the one that starts the incline)

Post if you can answer my questions or if i am t21ing wrong. Right now i am just copying the porp into the networkaddonmod3.dat file directly, then i will copy all the files with that additional prop in them to a separate dat file. If that is not the right way to do it then post with the right way.

klaascornelis

Looking good here Xyloxadoria. I hope this will be include in the next NAM update
:thumbsup:

deion30296

Welcome to UDPX my friend. Will these walls pursue under the UDPX label?
My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

flame1396

Whoa  :o

Keep at this, I can't help, but I would totally use this. A little rough but this is complex AFAICT. Lovely work.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Xyloxadoria

Replies:
deion30296:
No. Not at the moment, since i have already got help from the NAM people and this is an addon to the NAM, it will have the NAM name.

Progress:
There is a poll now, vote here the winning color and finish will be what i use. I am almost done with figuring out what models i need to make for all the straight viaducts. I will finalize the models and make sure they fit using lots this week and next week  I will also try to figure out t21ing. The week after that i will be gone so on July 14th when i get back, i will render out the models with the winning texture and color and start t21ing them. Vote for what you want, the poll is explained at the top of my very first post.

deion30296

Oi, They are still wonderful though!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

If I may ask, what are you releasing under our label? Pretty soon I'll be releasing the ski wires as a BETA version! &hlp
My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Streetlight 725

MandelSoft

I've been lurking on this thread for a while and it looks there's nothing going on the last months. Is that true? Or are you working hard on it?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Streetlight 725

Tarkus

Xyloxadoria hasn't logged on here in almost a month.  I would strongly suggest that everyone refrain from posting further in this thread until he returns. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Xyloxadoria

After some RL stuff i finally have some models to T21. They are attached.
New Pic

Edit: Attachment Issues

sim-al2

(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

j-dub

Lookin' real, lookin' great.  :thumbsup: Glad you finally could return, and not to mention bringing the project back. In the future this will be interesting to see how it looks with the upcoming RHW, for an added dose of realism. This will make alot of people happy.

Streetlight 725

nerdly_dood

These are absolutely perfect! Well... almost... Their color seems a little bluish... but that's the only problem I can see - everything else is excellent, and I can't wait to test them in-game... &apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

Unfortanetely, only the model files are in there, and since no T21dat, it would seem the files here don't show up in game, for now.

Xyloxadoria

I almost have the props working now, but there is a problem. It seems the only way to get any props at all to appear on the viaducts is if there is some kind of lot directly beside it. I have used the exemplars that should make the walls always appear, but they only appear when there is a lot beside them.

EDIT: Thought it would be helpful to some people if i posted a pic of my T21 file:

MandelSoft

Problem found: Add 0x00 in the LotConfigZoneTypes sequence.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE