• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Redirecting Simcity 4 to an alternative Plugins folder location

Started by revenger681, March 25, 2011, 03:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revenger681

I was wondering if there is an .ini file somewhere that I could tell Simcity 4 to look for plugins on another drive rather than my C drive. I've recently installed a new instance of Simcity 4 on my other computer, it's got 2 drives, the C drive is too small for my 1.7gig plugins folder to be copied over. I'm curious: is it possible to adjust which folder, and where, Simcity finds my plugins?

catty

I have two plugins folders, the first is a backup, the second has been datpacked and is the one I use when playing, in the SC4 Shortcut Target field I have this line

"D:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -UserDir:"E:\SimCity 4 Compressed\"

the -UserDir: is the command to point your game at a different plugins folder followed by the location in " "

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

revenger681

Awesome, thanks! I also found I have two plugins folders on my vista computer: one in user/documents, and the other in the game's install directory (d:/programs(x86-blah blah blah-maxis/simcity 4/plugins).
I pasted the new 1.7gig plugins folder into my games install directory instead of the documents folder and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!