• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cleanitol Mega Pack V2 revised.

Started by sarjm, March 03, 2009, 02:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarjm

I've been cleaning out my plugins and at the same time updating Cleanitol Mega Pack V2.txt.
If someone would like to try it out and see if I've missed anything, it is available here.
I cannot find a new link for last Mega pack? I'll try some more Cleanitol files if this one is OK.

Pat

I will have to give this a shot when I get home for sure!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Alysaar

hi, can you tell me what this cleanitol file does? if cleanitol finds a file i need to remove it cause its outdated and included in another pack?

joshua43214

Quote from: Alysaar on September 19, 2011, 10:59:51 PM
hi, can you tell me what this cleanitol file does? if cleanitol finds a file i need to remove it cause its outdated and included in another pack?

When installing an updated plugin, you need to remove the old file. As an example, many people made individual prop packs for each building they uploaded when they first began. Then after a while they had so many prop packs, they would roll all of them into a mega prop pack. You would have to go into your plugins folder and remove each of the now obsolete prop packs individually.

With Cleanitol, you just load the "remove" text file that came with the mega pack, click "locating files.' It will then search through both plugins folders and give you a list of what files where found, and what files where not present. You then click "backup now," and it will remove the files from your plugins folder and move them to a back up location while creating an undo file so you can restore the change.

There are also "get dependancy" files that you can load, these come with some downloads like CAM. you run the file, and then load the file that gets outputted into the LEXDownloader. The LEXDownloader will then automatically download all the files that are on the LEX< you will still need to manually download the dependancies stored on other servers like the STEX.

The 'common' and 'V2' files that came with the mega cleanitol list was just a long text file that included all the commonly used dependancies from LEX downloads.

You should use the cleanitol everytime a remove list file comes with a download. I just drag the files right out of the zip and into the "choose file" window. after running and removing old dependancies, you can then safely install the new dependancy. If you run cleanitol last, it will remove the dependancy you just installed.

whatnameshouldi

I was looking for a place to ask this when i stumbled with this thread, I hope it fits.

I've been using this set of cleanitol to get everything up to date (as much as possible).
While still doing the downloads I ran the game to check if anything was wrong. I saw a brownbox where the Bureau of Farm Management from the reward chain by Simgoober was. After searching for a while I could find the file here and redownload it. Everything was ok now, so i tried to hunt the cleanitol that had done it, it is this one: "Cleanitol Mega Pack SG.txt" from the first link I posted.

As far as I can tell it deletes most/all of Simgoober's farm folder in Plugins. I was wondering if that was normal and if it referred somewhere else to newer files for simgoober's farm set.

Thank you for all your work, doing this with cleantiol is a real breeze. :)

whatname

P.S.: It also seems to have generated another error with the same set, as i was receiving a message "pack 1892098786 is missing" and it was gone after I resintalled (no idea of what it was but if someone else has the same problem this post may pop up in a search).

jmyers2043

Hi Whatname..

You know there are props and buildings. You also know that sometimes an author/ creator such as myself will gather up all his miscellaneous props into a large mega props pack. The original purpose of cleanitall was to make removing the props that are scattered all over your plugins an easy task. The procedure would be to run cleanitall (using the TXT file supplied with the new mega prop package) then install the new or updated props.

But it was later discovered that Cleanitall made for a good search tool as well. Such as to see if you had all the models for a package of CAMeLOT buildings. Hence a second use for Cleanitall.

Re:SimGoober. The original fields and farm lots by SimGoober was a multi download process at the STEX. Those files were brought over to Devotion and made into Mega Prop Packs etc. . . . Cleanitall would be used to remove 100+ files, replacing them with 1 or 2 mega files. It's important that you realize the distinction between the two uses. If you use cleanitall for a search tool - fine. If you use it to remove files then you must follow up and install something afterwards.

Hint/Tip. Cleanitall does not delete the files. I moves them to \My Documents\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol. It does that everytime you run a Cleanitall session. You may have several folders. If you look at the individual folders you'll find a batch file. Click on it. It will undo what was done and put all the files from that session back into your plugins folder.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)