• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

OK so here is part two of Double Shot Thursdays Update and I do hope you all enjoyed the Thanksgiving History factoid... So now moving on from there lets go on to what I am trying to do with some marshy area let me know what area you like better... RRP area or Jeronij's TPW you all decide and let me know and so now without further ado here we go...............................................................

OK so that does it for thursdays double shot updates and now let me know what you all think of what should I work with either Jeronij's or Chirs RRP stuff for the marsh area... Also again I want to thank you all for your support here and I hope you all Have had a great a most fullfilling Thanksgiving and remember to give thanks for what you have!!! Till Friday's Update,

Cheers and god bless

Patrick A McMahon

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lilojame

Hi there Pat!
The TG facts were nicely done and the update looks great as always. Sorry tho, but I cant decide what would be better.  ??? Oh, and wish you all the best for "your" Thanks-giving Day.  ;)

Yours Truly,
Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

metarvo

Nice update, Pat.  It looks like you are doing a good job with that stream.  As for the area in question, I think you should use Jeronij's TPW.  I hope you have had a happy Thanksgiving, Pat. ;)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

threestooges

Though it's technically Friday now, Happy Thanksgiving Pat. That was a very nice history you provided and the pics are good too. I think a combination of the TPW and RRP would work to give a good marsh effect. Very rarely are things uniformly dense in nature (or really uniform anything) so a mixture could create a little extra realism. Hope your day was good and that you got to spend it with family and friends.
-Matt

Pat

OK since its the day after and no its not this....

but anyways that was a darn good movie so lets talk some more waterfalls here and lets get a move on with it so now without a further ado here we goo.....................................................

So that does it for Friday's update!!! I want to thank you all for your continued support here in waterfalls and I appoligize for not having a replies section today... But I want you all to know I do appreciate your comments and support personaly, it means a lot to me!!!! To the Lurkers, If you stop in here all I ask is that you leave a post saying "hi".... 

Thanks again you all for your must wonderful support,

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lilojame

Hey there Pat!
Oh lol, and I just looked at that movie 2 hours ago.  :D
And as always, you have made a wonderful update yet again. The pictures look great. I love how the river bank is looking. Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Jmouse

Looking very good, Pat. Now I understand how you create the riverbanks and that's very helpful info to have. I really appreciate the way you show each step in the process.

Always looking forward to more...
Joan

JBSimio

Hi Pat!

I really like the way this newest section of the river is shaping up.  Far be it from me to critique the master, but...

I love the idea of a deep pool within the river (it happens all the time, I know)... but I think your version may be a bit too well defined.  Perhaps a more gradual and subtle approach would fit better?  Then again.. I'm not entirely sure what you're aiming for, so I could very well (and very easily!) be wrong.  ;)  Either way, it is shaping up very well and I'm sure whatever you come up with is going to look amazing.

Until next time...
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Simpson

The three last pictures are really fantastic, the nature around the river is super and so réalistic
Also Happy thanksgiving  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

kimcar

&apls  Very good looking your river Pat.  :thumbsup: Great skill you have

TheTeaCat

Great work you doing on the river mate :thumbsup:
I would agree with Jon about a gradual slope into the deeper pool but other than that
its hard to find fault $%Grinno$%

Till the next time
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Fantastic pictures there! But looking forward to something new work... ;)

Pat

OK so now here is Saturday's Update... Ahh Bat but see that is what is going on here is new work with more added details my friend, look at the river banks and go back before they where baren and the cliff has also changed too... So now without further ado here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is for Saturday's UPdate and I wish to thank you all!!!  I want you all to know I do appreciate your comments and support personaly, it means a lot to me!!!! To the Lurkers, If you stop in here all I ask is that you leave a post saying "hi".... 

Thanks again you all for your must wonderful support,

Patrick

paroch

Hey Pat - I'm not lurking, promise!!!

Great pics there - the river is looking really great now, with all the flora, rocks and marshy bits.

I'd imagine a nice peaceful stroll there would be a great way to spend a day.

Paul

bat

Nice work! But still looking forward to something new*.. (...or different...)

Lilojame

Hey Pat! I just managed to get few free minutes and decided to spend them in here. I don't regret the decision. The river looks great and I love that little clearing on the hill.  :thumbsup:

Have fun,
Karin

blade2k5

Sorry I haven't dropped by in a few days, but I'm here now :P  Anyways, The past few updates are looking really good, especially todays update.  I really like the river fork, beautiful work and outstanding job on that.  Keep up the fabulous work you're doing :thumbsup:

Oh, by the way, you're only 904 replies away from 2k :P

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Pat

I know I know its not Thursday and no I am not calling this a Double Shot but a Bonus Update Yes that is right a bonus update of Waterfalls to give more of a taste of whats been worked on and tomorrow you see something different and also another bonus update will follow after a few replies lol... so now without further ado here we go!!!!!!

So that is it for this special bonus update, stay tuned for tomorrow Sunday's Update's!!!!

Patrick

blade2k5

I suppose you were waiting for me to reply so you could then post another update, all in an effort to intice me to comment twice in one day.  Well, I hate to tell you this, but it worked :D  You know every time I take a peek at what you're doing with this MD I always do this :o  and because of that, people think I'm a wildman with those bugged out eyes :D

Nice bonus update, look forward to tomorrow...you know, like watching football all day :D  $%Grinno$%

Oh, and to update, you need 902 more replies now :P

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

papab2000

Pat,

Great job on these creeks.  &apls They look like great spots to fish for some trout.  :thumbsup:
Remind me of my trout fishing days when I lived in Idaho.  :)

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie