• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your small towns

Started by wouanagaine, January 31, 2007, 05:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

I wanted to post some pics of mine but as I did not find a suitable place I create a new topic

It is for filling the gap  between the show us yur rural area and show us your suburbs

click for bigger size

edit : oops, forget to put a region view ( large city )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

emilin

That really has a very realistic small town feel to it.  :thumbsup:

It would be nice to see an overview shot too?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

NikNik

Is there a direct relationship between a small town and small cars......? (see that SMART Shop in pic 1 and 3).
I like that plaza across the street from the church
Still I also see some appartment buildings in your small town. So I have a question: what is considered a small town?

Still it is a great thread Wouanagaine!

Nik-Nik

wouanagaine

QuoteStill I also see some appartment buildings in your small town. So I have a question: what is considered a small town?
Well something that is not a suburbans sprawl, with less than 10000 sims in it ?
the somy appartment is the only one btw

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

callagrafx

Love the use of Gascooker's stuff...makes it feel like home to me  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Alfred.Jones

Very nice little town Wouanagaine :thumbsup: Great idea for a thread, I'll try to post some pictures of mine later

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Wonderful small town! :thumbsup: &apls

QuoteI'll try to post some pictures of mine later

That would be great!

Gaston

I like this thread wouanagaine.   It does really "bridge the gap" between the rural (mostly farm based) and the suburbs (edges of BIG cities).     This will be a great place for people to post what I consider "real" cities.     Not just block after block of high rise skyscrapers or acre after acre of rolling farm land.     Don't get me wrong  I love both of those.  Okay not so much with the skyscrapers.   LOL   I just know that most of the cities I have chosen to live in look alot more like what you have posted here.     Okay I think that was officially rambling on.   

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

NikNik

Quote from: Gaston on February 01, 2007, 10:02:58 AM
I like this thread wouanagaine.   It does really "bridge the gap" between the rural (mostly farm based) and the suburbs (edges of BIG cities).     This will be a great place for people to post what I consider "real" cities.     Not just block after block of high rise skyscrapers or acre after acre of rolling farm land.     Don't get me wrong  I love both of those.  Okay not so much with the skyscrapers.   LOL   I just know that most of the cities I have chosen to live in look alot more like what you have posted here.     Okay I think that was officially rambling on.   
---Gaston

I agree with you wholeheartily Gaston. I only like scrapers in SC4, but I hardly ever get one to grow (must be my impatience).
I do build small towns a lot and here's a shot of one of my former small towns:

Here is the little centre:

Yeah, yeah I know press G, before making a picture..... &mmm
That roundabout can be considered the centre. I noticed a lot of traffic passing through this town and I wondered what it was:

Busses! Whow, healthy public transport that's for sure.  :D

That's my two cents for small towns.

Nik-Nik

EDIT: This post made me a Mayor ;D

wouanagaine

Wow NikNik, great town
I like the transportation layout
Nice commercial in the center

New Horizons Productions

mrgscottc

NikNik, your transportation maps looks very natural.  Well done

Gaston

Kool stuff NikNik.   I like the area you built it in.   The low mountains and the bend in the river reminds me of Chattanooga, TN. linkie     I like it.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

praiodan

Lovely small towns, wouanagaine and NikNik.
Here a small island town:

bat

wonderful town, NikNik and praiodan :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ACEfanatic02

Downtown Laurel, in early fall.

-ACE
日本語勉強中-最近読んだ本はこちらで見えます。
Python Enthusiast

jmyers2043

Hello Ace – A nice selection of wall-to-wall small town businesses. I like the block on the center of town with the church and also like the round a bout with a gazebo. I like your use of one-way streets as well. Wish I could make my towns look like yours.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Cali

wow ace, that looks amazingly realistic. great work :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

bat

wonderful picture, ACEfanatic02!

DuskTrooper

Just a little Bavarian/German style town/village I am working on:

Gotta love those classic JENX Timberframes!  :satisfied:
SC4, forevermore!

bat

Great picture of this town/village! :thumbsup: