• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

!!!

I've been waiting for this, David! I can't wait to see how this develops! Angled runways would be an outstanding addition to the game.

mightygoose

more excellent creativity from the Dr. thanks for keeping my quad open, as i say things may lighten up it depends really on how much of the team project i have to actually do myself, also how exams pan out. but if i do get a chance to return i will let you guys know asap.

thanks
john
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

freedo50

Quote from: dedgren on May 16, 2007, 09:16:28 AM

...What do you do when the best available SC4 airport runways are too narrow and don't run at 45 degree angles?...

Make your own by the looks of it! Can't wait to see these, they are one thing that the game has needed for a long long time.

Fred

Yoman

They will be at a 45 angle soon ;)

Pat

!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm i wonder i bet someone is being reallly mean to us and teasing lol - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Also looking forward to this!

sebes

? ? ? ? ?
Don't tell me you made diagonal runways.... don't mess with my health David...

If true I'll...I'll...I'll... redoing my airport!!!

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

BigSlark

Diagonial runways! Amazing stuff! Looking forward to more!

From San Jose, Costa Rica...
Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

I'll let the cat out of the bag a little...

I think voltaire's RMIP airstrips are an amazing work.  The only thing available right now, though, is an 80 (or so) foot/26m wide runway- far too narrow for a major airfield.  My understanding is that voltaire is currently working on 200'/64m wide runways, as well as possible on diagonal ones, but has no plans to do an intermediate width.  About 130'/42m wide would be perfect for 3RR International, which definitely also needs a diagonal major runway of the same width.

So guess what I'm working on to supplement the wonderful array of stuff voltaire has already developed...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

David you are soooooooo mean lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Either way, diagonal runways will definitely be a great addition! I can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve, my friend!

emilin

Intriguing...

You are making improvements to the came at an unbeliavible pace raight now. New angles to runways would be GREAT! :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Yoman

Currently there are some diagonal pieces for the 80 foot/26m wide runway, they aren't currently being worked on and are not of release quality at all. And they aren't in our line up for awhile either. But you are correct, there is no intermediate width.

jklein_stl

Hello David-
I've just read through all of 3RR for the first time and there are no words to describe your work. Every aspect of 3RR is incredible.
One word to describe the Three Rivers Region-WOW
also-Diagonal runaways would be great!

dedgren

Did someone say... diagonal runways?
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

I said, "Diagonal runways!" I can't wait to see more, David! This is outstanding.

barnatom

Yes, yes, yes!!!

Finally there will be diagonal runways! But do you know what an amount of different textures you will have to create to make them fully operational? All the different intersections with the orthogonal runways and all taxiways?

Well, you know that I admire your work - I do so even more if you come out with a ful set of diagonal runway tiles.

Thomas

bwatterud

Gaah!!! 

This is (or will be) the best thing to happen to SimCity airports since RMIP. 

Zaphod

awesome!

this is like the curvy road pieces right?

War Kittens !?

dedgren

Yeah, but you drive planes on these...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...