• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Map request: Bora Bora

Started by kodlovag, September 29, 2010, 07:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kodlovag

Hi NHP members,

I tried to find elevation map of Bora Bora, but I failed to find good DEM data. It has so low resolution, that I cannot use it.
I would like to ask for help to make the map of this island, or at least detailed DEM data to try it myself.
Underwater data would be nice too.  ::)

Thank you

Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

cogeo

Maybe try this link:
http://www.gdem.aster.ersdac.or.jp/search.jsp

The site contains 30m DEM data. You need to create an account, downloads are for free. However, this is tiled data, unlike the seamless USGS. You may download the tiles you need and afterwards cut out the region in Global Mapper.

kodlovag

I downloaded it, but I think it is not better than anithing previously I found. I got 2 tiff images, one dem and one num. The num looks like a land/water map, and has the resolution about 30x30 pixels for the whole island. ()sad() That cannot be equal to 30m resolution, or the image has this resolution, then it is interpolated. I could not even spot the island on the dem map. At least the central peak should be visible, as hills on the larger neighboor islands were visible.  :'(

I must draw it or a similar by hand.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

blade2k5

How's this?  If it's what you're looking for, I'll have it uploaded in a couple of days for you.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

KoV Liberty

If it isn't, could you still upload it? That map is awesome!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Kumba

Quote from: KoV Liberty on October 03, 2010, 11:10:45 AM
If it isn't, could you still upload it? That map is awesome!

Seconded. Looks like a fun island map to play on.
______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

mrbisonm

Oh geeeeeeez, that is true....aaawesome it is. *droool*
I luv isles like this, looks just great! Thanks for the suggestion and thanks for the making.....and hopefully thanks for the uploading.... ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

blade2k5

Well, since the three of you asked oh so nicely, maybe I could release it whether it's what the requester wants. ;)

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Pat

Hey Troy make that a 4th request for that map!!! WoW!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Hey there Pat ;D  Long time no talk to.  I'll probably have it rendered and released by next week. :thumbsup:

kodlovag

Wow, my request seems popular.
Yes, this is what I'm looking for. I think the small tiles at the bottom of the map should be deleted before releasing. Useless full water tiles.
Great work.  :thumbsup:

cogeo

Very good! Where did you get the data from?

kodlovag

@ cogeo: I sent the data downloaded from your link by private mail to Troy. I don't know if he used that or worked from a different source.

I found this map of the island. There are some difference, especially at the northern, low altitude islands. But it's still better than I ever expected.

blade2k5

Quote from: kodlovag on October 04, 2010, 01:22:08 AM
Wow, my request seems popular.
Yes, this is what I'm looking for. I think the small tiles at the bottom of the map should be deleted before releasing. Useless full water tiles.
Great work.  :thumbsup:

Ok, I'll have to do the import tiles from map to map in order to get rid of the small city tiles.  Give me a day or two to get that done.

Quote from: kodlovag on October 04, 2010, 04:42:50 AM
I found this map of the island. There are some difference, especially at the northern, low altitude islands. But it's still better than I ever expected.

Yeah, those northern isles didn't show up in the data unfortunately.  If there was 1/3 arc [10M] data available for these areas, they most likely would have been there, but unfortunately, you can only get 1/3 arc data for the continental US and Hawaii.

blade2k5

I have to apologize for not getting this request released when I said it would be.  I've ended up having to work all week [I usually only work on Saturdays] and haven't had much time to finish this project and others I took on in the past few weeks.  Hopefully sometime next week you'll this map and others released for your enjoyment.

Once again, sorry for the delay.

Pat

LoL Troy you know what the say about excuses errr um never mind hehehee its soo cool man and your work is soo well worth the wait!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

kodlovag, here is your final product... ;D

SC4TF Image:

Region Census View:

Should be uploaded within the next 24-48 hours :thumbsup:

kodlovag

Thanks, and don't worry about this minor late. (I'm waiting for RMIP-3 since 1.5 years) I understand you, I have just a bit more time to play.

Kumba

Beautiful! Thanks for uploading this Blade. This shall be a fun map to play on!
______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

blade2k5

That reminds me, it's available on the STEX, will upload it to the LEX after a few more non-map releases pushes dobdriver's maps further down the list. ;)