• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural Renewal Project

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 11, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on October 26, 2007, 07:17:55 AM
Well, what I'm trying to do with it is make the props open and close over time on the same lot, as opposed to a gate after being placed always being closed or alway open.  I'm trying to strike a balance between flexibility and user control while keeping the number of lots down.  Plus it'd just be really cool ;).

Now I understand - it's a good idea, but I must agree with pvarcoe :D
In addition, I have some new ideas for you  (but maybe I will wait to the next project ;))
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

BarbyW

I downloaded the files from your other thread. There is only one model in the zip so I cannot see the lot in game. I don't think you can use the Prop Random Chance in conjunction with the Prop Time of Day in the way you have. Can you let me have the second model and I will try to sort it out for you? The model in the zip is ALN_Wooden Fence_16m_GateDiagClosed2a-0x5ad0e817_0xb428f45e_0x30000.SC4Model so I need the open gate model.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Chrisadams3997

ah, I probably did make that mistake Barby, I'll sort it out tomorrow.

Badsim

Well ... another boring perfectionist !

I agree with pvarcoe & Ennedi , could live with that ...

In fact ... &sly ... no .

I would react just like you ... stubbornness here (and everywhere ) is a virtue , mate , make it perfect !. $%Grinno$%

:thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

dogfight

Hello Chris. The fences are coming along just fine. Sorry I can't help out on the gate shadows though. I'm sure you'll fix them. I'm looking forward to their release.. :thumbsup:

Palpatine001

Ok thanks, I have the files concerned and are sending them to the BLaM Labs to be looked and worked on
will update on progress as it happens  :)
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Chrisadams3997

Badsim:  well if stubbornness is a virtue, I just might be a saint... $%Grinno$%

Dogfight:  Thanks for the support.

Palp:  Appreciate it, and make sure to get the second model file which I just posted in the modding problems thread.  Kinda overlooked it the first time ::).

I've got several RL matters I'm seeing to right now, so work will be slow over the next week or two, but I'll be around everyone.  Thanks for being patient with me.

Rayden

Any more news from this project. I would hate if this never shows up again. It's too damn good to stay in the deeps of an HD. ;)

Adept2Rock

I was looking the topic and i think it's a good idea for the country side !! &apls :thumbsup:
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

quackmofro

Quote from: Rayden on November 10, 2007, 03:20:26 AM
Any more news from this project. I would hate if this never shows up again. It's too damn good to stay in the deeps of an HD. ;)
I second this. I love the rural aspect of the game more than anything, and this would add incredible realism to it. I'm also wondering about the American football fields project.

Chrisadams3997

I've just had a lot of RL stuff lately, so I haven't been devoting much time into my large projects, as they can eat up a day pretty quickly as you start to get into the details and organizing.  It's all coming eventually, I just need the time.  Thanks for your patience everyone.

Chris

powerpill-pacman

Wow!

I cannot believe that i've overlooked this thread for such a long time. Your is simply amazing. I've been waiting very long for something like this (without knowing). I cannot thank you enough for your effort, 'cause this will boost SC4-experience to a new level again.
It's awesome how everytime i think, this is it, the game can't get any better, somebody proves me wrong.
So thanks again.

capo

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on November 11, 2007, 07:49:06 PM
I've just had a lot of RL stuff lately, so I haven't been devoting much time into my large projects, as they can eat up a day pretty quickly as you start to get into the details and organizing.  It's all coming eventually, I just need the time.  Thanks for your patience everyone.

Chris

Don't worry, when I look at the pictures and I read everything you plan for this project..then I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. Every now and then I see a picture added in the 'show your rural area' topic and I'm amazed again with what you have accomplished. I don't care how long I have to wait, I'm just more then grateful that you want to share your project with us when you are done.

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

SuperTimo

&apls awesome stuff keep it up sorry to be a badger but when is it coming out?

becuase ive got some countryside that needs renewal!

jacqulina

hiya chris i cant wait to see more progress when you have time

football_fever

I agree with the person above.  Every time I think the game has reached it's limit, someone like you comes along and turns things upside down.  Hopefully RLS isn't eating you up too bad.  Take your time on these...if anything it'll make the game last longer...
If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

schm0

schm0

Rabbyt

Ok, so I've just spent the last two weekends reading three or four forums from beginning to end. The latest being SAM and RRP. Now its been some time since I've actually zoomed down on in to observe the props up close, but a couple of ideas came to mind from reading the posts.
These may or may not be possible or feasible so bear with my limited knowledge.

This is in regards to the farm equipment and animal paths. The SAM technique on either the dirt road (ANT, RHW, I need to find a list of all theses acronyms) or street seems to be a good path for the visualization, but could a barn or fishing shack generate a tractor or ATV ( All Terrain Vehicle ::) ) which is animated like the animals and randomly moves about. Or a transit type of generator which can only generate one vehicle onto the modded network. If the road/path only has one vehicle generated and it doesn't connect to the outside networks the pathing could be made very close to appear as if the vehicle was returning upon the same route.
There is probably something here or at ST that I haven't read yet so I'll let those more informed individuals critique.

Rabbyt

BTW: Very well presented. Does any of this apply to the farm zones?

schm0

I have a small suggestion/request:

Drainage ditches! They're alongside most rural roads that actually get rain, so why not? Plus, you could add little steel sewer pipe connectors that mimic the small pipes that stretch under the driveways and side roads that intersect (and cross the drainage ditch.)

What do you think?
schm0

DrPepper

Wow these are nice. Awesome Job!  &apls

-DrPepper
-DrPepper  ;)

R U A Great Bat Lighter? Great I need one!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3571.0