• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural Renewal Project

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 11, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Quote from: Pat on May 29, 2008, 02:13:53 PM
Hey now Diggis I thought there was some type of rule that you had to say something and couldnt just use

But what do you do when there are no words to express how good something is?  &apls

Pat

Quote from: Pat on May 29, 2008, 02:13:53 PM
Even though I totaly agree, that when words fail all one can do is just drop their jaw!!!

I do agree Shaun  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

girlfromverona

If you go down to the woods today...

Just wanted to share a pic of an area of mine that uses the dirt path and some of the flora that Chris made:

The carpark at the end of the road is one of Peg's (part of the MTP series) and works quite well with the dirt track, in my opinion.  ;D

bat

Thanks for that information, Chris!

And that picture is looking really excellent, girlfromverona! Beautiful work on that area!!

TheTeaCat

Nice little tutorial on how to use your fences :thumbsup:

wondeful pic Girlfromverona &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

pilotdaryl

Chris: Nice work with those fences!  Can't wait! ;D

girlfromverona:

jacqulina

Pat Riot

Chris the paths not only work great in the rural setting but they came in handy for an industrial area too  :D They work great, nice job.

Chrisadams3997

Great picture GirlfromVerona, thanks for sharing it here.  I always like to see how other people are using the flora, etc.  The sparse placement of the grass and other flora looks very good in this setting, and that's a great idea using the paths with Peg's lot there.  The texture match up well.

And thanks to Diggis, Pat, OrangeJulius, bat, TTC, Daryl, Jacky, and Patriot for your comments.

You all know I love to show you what I'm working on, however all the work the last few days have been minor graphical fixes, and a few new fence lots, nothing very exciting.  So... I thought I'd show you some of my, uh, testing.  Yeah, that's what we'll call it ::).

Is everyone buckled in and ready?  Well then, on with the show :P.

For now you just have to imagine the culvert here, but I think even without one it comes out good.  On that note, I've started thinking out how to best make a culvert model that will work well with TPW.  Moving on just a little down stream:

Kind of an innovative use, or at least I thought it was, of the gravel ploppable paths, along with some considerably tweaked Maxis ploppable rocks(as made ploppable by Jeronij).  And... moving downstream once more:

Some cattle along the bank near a liquid feeder.  You can of course see where the stream is typically crossed here.  I've since added in some gravel and rocks at the crossing, but this was taken before I started playing with the rock exemplars.

From here we move down the road about a mile and a half to another near by ranch:

From the bird's eye view you can see that they own a decent sized track of land, but they really mostly keep the cattle on it for the property tax incentives.  Hence, they're pasture management practices aren't always the best.

A closer look at the headquarters.  Hope you like the landscaping--it took at least five tries to get it just right.

The owner's of this tract just to the west of the last ranch built their house on a rare granite outcropping.  Since the old house was largely destroyed in a flash flood, they decided not to take any chances.  Did I mention I'd been playing with the parameters to the Jeronij ploppable rocks? ;)  It can be used to make a decent little rock wall now.

The same house from the front.  Why?  Because it's my thread and I can do what I want ;).

And lastly, I'd like to revisit the spot I showed a couple of days ago, with a pond and a few other knick knacks and guw gaws I added.  This one is my favorite. :)

Hope everyone enjoys these pictures, I know I enjoyed putting them together, and I hope everyone has a good weekend,

Chris

Pat Riot

How do they say," Effing Awesome" in texas?  :thumbsup: &apls

Heblem

wow!! looking at these pictures changes absolute the apparency of simcity 4, now this game would be funnier to make farms and natural areas than a city!

Thank you for sharing! absolute realistic  :thumbsup:

Kitsune

Erm, something tells me I should be staying away from the pic comp for a couple days now!
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Chris--three words--Just.  Plain.  Amazing.    :o

You've really taken the rural and natural aspects of SC4 to new heights here.

girlfromverona . . . that is one of the most amazing SC4 pics I've ever seen.  Period. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

All I really got to say Chris!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

girlfromverona

Wow, Chris - those pics are stunning! I can't wait to see your idea for a culvert. And your use of the gravel path in the stream is such a good idea, I think I'll have to borrow it sometime.  ;)

On a side note, I like the second "cow feeder" best - the first one, although realistic, makes me think of pie!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on my pic. It wouldn't have been possible without all the amazing work Chris is doing.  :)

pilotdaryl

This project had better go somwhere in the next few weeks!  Get on with it! ;D

The REAL Tolsome

On what time can we dowload this amazing things? :)
Can you make a little beta, please, I can't wait :)

TheTeaCat

Once again you almost made me spill my tea.  :D :D
You could have given me more warning that you were going to show such pictures :D :D

I am amazed that such creations can still be made and the proof is in the pictures  &apls &apls

Simply beautiful- there really is no other way to say it

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

klaascornelis

Quote from: Rechi on May 31, 2008, 01:27:15 AM
On what time can we download this amazing things? :)
Can you make a little beta, please, I can't wait :)

There is a link of a beta version on page 17 of this topic.

Chris your work is just amazing i cant believe this is possible in SC.
I'm just loving tweaking my rural areas wit your stuff.

Now i have 2 questions dough.
The sand roads i see here and there on the pics, ho i presume are traffic enabled. where can i find these?
And the cattle, is this going to be included in the next update of your fantastic project?

Greetings
KC

EDGE4194

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 31, 2008, 02:39:10 AM
Simply beautiful- there really is no other way to say it

and sometimes you just have to quote others....