• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural Renewal Project

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 11, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoman

Now that is incredible. I love how the diagonal Dam isn't made up only of the concrete section, but it appears as a very long hill with the concrete part over the river.

FrankU

Chris,

Got a problem!

I was plopping away with your rural fences and tracks. Everything went OK until I tried to plop the
"Filler-Trans 1x Diagonal" lot. I got a CTD.  :'(
I tried again in the same city and then in a newly created one. Again: CTD.
Simplest solution: don't use it anymore.
Second simplest: ask the creator what to do.

What to do? ()what()

Chrisadams3997

That one's easy FrankU, Unassasigned noticed the problem back here and I fixed it the next day, you just need to download the newest version ;).

girlfromverona

That region looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing how it develops.  ;D

Fatsuhono

Wow it is unbelievable nice! Also, the banner is pretty realistic, I can't say it has SC4!  :thumbsup:

Nardo69

Nice Region.

But even though I may risk to annoy you -  I mean you have this wonderful modell whichis suitable for a bridge ... how about adding a power house and a transformator unit and turn it to a low pressure hydroelectric power plant?  ;)
(I would do it if I only could BAT ... )

Take care my friend

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on August 01, 2008, 04:46:20 AM
That one's easy FrankU, Unassasigned noticed the problem back here and I fixed it the next day, you just need to download the newest version ;).

Oops, I thought I had the most recent version. Apparently not.
Thanks!

Duvad

Damn. That region is amazing.

SgtJoeDes

Amazing work on that region. Its interesting to see the big picture of your project seeing were you put the awesome dams and bridges. &apls
SgtJoeDes

FrankU

Chris, still playing with your fences. Everything works OK now.

I just came up with a request: fences with barbed wire....
Would they be possible?
I think they should be very simple: tow sections per tile, so a pole on each corner and one in the middle, and then just one straight line, representing one wire. Fences and other fancy lots are not needed.....
Would you... please? ()flower()

sithlrd98

Chris,Just wanted to say AWESOME work! I've been busy lately so I haven't been checkin in as much(yeah I still lurk from time to time)sorry!!!
Anyway thank you for the beautiful work you've been doing,and can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve!

Jayson

Chrisadams3997

Marissa: thanks, though it's likely to be a while before it really comes together.

Fatsuhono: Thanks

Nardo:  I'm pretty hard to annoy ;), but I will have to say that that's not in the cards right now.  It would be nice to do, but my knowledge of such things is next to nil, which means it'd take a lot of research I don't have time to do right now.  Maybe eventually.

FrankU:  I looked at making a few about a month ago actually, and it didn't look bad.  But I had a bug where the wires would show up fine, then after zooming out, then back in, only the north-south facing wires would be visible.  I'm guessing it has to do with the size of the LOD's, as I'd had similar problems with shadows on objects with small LODs before.

At any rate, it's another thing on the list for next time I come around to fences.

And thanks everyone else for your comments.  I've been busy lately, so not much progress, but I'll let yall know when there is some.

Chris

Chrisadams3997

Well, as you all can tell, I've been otherwise occupied for a bit.  I've got a number of renders for the dam done, though it's waiting on me doing the texture for the large dam's wash.  So in the mean time I thought I'd show a little digression I worked on tonight.  It's a pavilion based on one from a nearby park.  I've got some tentative plans to create a number of lots to help make more rural parks(including some things useful for state parks, etc. perhaps) based largely on using no base textures throughout.

Anyway, enough talking,

I figure not bad considering there's no textures anywhere yet :D, it's also my first real try at using photometric lights.

edit: I couldn't resist one more picture.  It shows a few things that aren't really modelled-as they don't have to be-on the inside, but I really liked how it looked ;)

till next time,
Chris

threestooges

You have to love tangents and digressions, especially when they're as good as this. It's rare that models look so good without textures, but you've done it. Out of curiousity, what are its dimensions? Another question: did I get the bridge stuff back to you yet? I'm pretty sure I sent it your way, but I wasn't positive. Great work as always.
-Matt

girlfromverona

Stunning work as usual, Chris!  :thumbsup:

Andreas

Chris, we have one of those here in my hometown that looks exactly like your model - it's a leftover from the former US military base that was stationed here until a few years ago. :)
Andreas

Chrisadams3997

Matt:  Tangents?  What?  Oh, whewww, I thought we were talking about math for a second :-[ :D.  It's not near as expansive as it looks from that inside perspective shot, about 22 x 10 meters on the base, and the the top of the horizontal rafters is right at 5 meters.

Marissa: Thank you :)

Andreas:  yeah, I think that buildings like this are fairly universal.  I know that the state park about an hour and a half from here has several buildings like this near it's campgrounds as well.

EDGE4194

nice job chris!  &apls i didn't realize i was missing it until i saw it! can't wait to see what else you have in mind for parks.

deathtopumpkins

Wow Chris, that looks really good! I need to make a state park for my MD/CJ and this will come in handy.

I especially like those picnic tables. They're excellent.

Great work!  :thumbsup:
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bat

That is looking really great there, Chris!
Looking forward to more progress of that stuff... ;)