• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural Renewal Project

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 11, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

hi there.. I've being searching this thread for those grass moss like you can see in the floor.. can some one help me plz.. would be most thankful =)

quackmofro

That's a nice little pavilion, great for birthday parties. :thumbsup: It would be good for a modular park or camping area or something like it.

girlfromverona

Did you ever find that grassy moss you were looking for, gn_leugim? If so, I'd be keen to get it too! Where did you get that picture?

Chrisadams3997

Hehe, sorry.  gn_leugim, that looks like they used my so called 'weed B' there.  I did mention it could be placed very close together, now didn't I :D

It looks good for that application, though I hope they are using a pretty fast computer.  That'd eat mine alive between the rapids and that many models being placed.

girlfromverona

Ah, of course! I didn't even think of that.  $%Grinno$%

Those weeds really come in handy for tight spots, btw.

jacqulina

gn_leugim

yes it is, hope you don't mind  &mmm

anyway.. I figure out that they were weed b together ;D very close.. nice effect .. congrats :thumbsup:

jacqulina

no i dont mind my friend,yes they were excellent for that purpose thanks chris  &apls

extrenix

hey guys i just installed those nice fences but i cant find them in the game ?
Can anyone tell me in which section they get installed ?

tnx  :thumbsup:

threestooges

extrenix: If I recall correctly, they are in the water menu.

Chris: Hope all is well. Just curious to know how the dam is doing, and how you're doing as well.

extrenix

well I just checked and I just cant find them.
I think Im also missing a bunch of trees eevn after installing those florar addons.

Yoman

Hey Chris,

I'm a bit ashamed to be asking this, but one day, when you are really bored, and you've run out of youtube videos of people injuring themselves in funny ways :p Could you take a look into creating another plopable flora like the reeds along this rive bank?

Don't if you don't run out of videos of course though :P

Thanks,

Owen

Chrisadams3997

Extrenix: check that you've installed them to your SC4 plugins folder, that's all I can tell you

Yoman:  Where was that picture taken from?  Looks like what they call Roso in South Louisiana, a type of bamboo that grows in fresh water marsh.  I'll take a look at it when I get a chance, but time's a bit scarce right now, though not on account of youtube videos I'm afraid :D.

Toichus Maximus

Those are Phragmites, the common reed. It's an invasive species from Europe, as I recall, and can now be seen in nearly every freshwater marsh or on the edges of saltwater.

TBH, i have also been waiting for someone to make a good model for these that would plop in clumps so they could overlap and make them as dense as you actually see here. Just didn't want to bother anyone with the trouble ^^"

planetechef

hello, where you got the ploppable farms items like drink stuff for the cow, tractor etc....thanks
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

deathtopumpkins

Hey Chris, is there any way you could upload some of the RRP stuff in the stickied post somewhere else? I'm getting a problem with the ploppable flora (which I just finally got around to finding an appropriate area to use in, thus just now downloading). It says that without a premium account I have to wait 1.6 minutes to download, but after the timer counts down to 0, it just starts over, and never gives me any option to download.
If it would be easier since it appears to be only me having the problem, you could just email it to me (on profile).

Thanks.

PS: Any dam progress?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

dedgren

QuoteThose are Phragmites

...channelling Roseanna Roseannadanna [linkie]...

"Phragmites?  Phragmites of what?  I don't see any phragmites.  It's always something with you people- it looks like the whole thing to me- there's no... oh, oh... oh?

...nevermind."

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

miguelkuk

Hi Chris!
Been following this thread and your progress closely from the beginning with great interest and enthusiasm.
One question though, What terrain mods do you use? I ask this because no matter how much I try I can't make my grass as beautifully green as yours looks. Is it a grass mod or is it just your own ploppable green grass? If so, how do you manage to plop it so close to the edges of your paths and roads without it going over them. I notice also that it is even by the roadsides where the sidewalks usually appear, that's why I ask if it's a mod rather that your ploppable grass.
In any case, great work my friend! Absolutely amazing work and much needed also, even if it gets some getting used to all the varieties we can use. It makes for a grand effect at the end.
Another thing, there never seems to be any sign of the grid in your teaser pictures. Is there a way to hide the grid that I haven't found out yet or is it just covered up with ploppables?

Also, if you have the patience, could you model another kind of bush? I like yours, but I'd like one that looks rather more dense and not so much like bits of individual bush clumped together, do you know what I mean? If you're too busy, nevermind. Just an idea.
Keep it up anyhow. Looking forward for that dam coming out. &hlp

Chrisadams3997

planetechef:  Hey, what you see is what you get around here $%Grinno$%, everything is either in the sticky or on the LEX, or not released. :)

DTP:  I'll email 'em to you tomorrow.

miguelkuk:  Other than the newer pics, I've been using the good old Columbus terrain mod.  It was c.p.'s first one, and it's not on the LEX last I recall, you'll have to look for it on the STEX.  As for the grid, pressing the 'g' keyboard button in game will toggle the grid on and off.

It will be a while I confess before I get around to modeling anything new.  I'm trying to get my Bat4Max scripting project done and publicly released, then the dam, then I'm going on hiatus for a bit :satisfied: :D

deathtopumpkins

Thanks Chris.

Looking forward to the dam.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores