• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural Renewal Project

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 11, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

That is exciting news! Hope this means we'll possibly be seeing more from Chris soon.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

buckbeach

Is there any of you regulars that may have an idea why that my plopping the field cow/cattle lots only generates one cow even if I plop several of the different items?

deathtopumpkins

I've noticed that it takes a lttle while before it generates an abundance of cows, so how long are you letting the game run after plopping the lots in question?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

sithlrd98

I do have a question about the trail lots in the fence pack...I have had them since they were first uploaded here , but I just recently noticed the "transparent texture bug " with them. Has anybody else experienced this?

Jayson

buckbeach

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on December 20, 2008, 07:04:04 PM
I've noticed that it takes a lttle while before it generates an abundance of cows, so how long are you letting the game run after plopping the lots in question?

And that might be the problem because it was only a minute or so and most of that time the game was paused.   I thought it was wried though that the plopping of several of the different lots (in the same general area) only produced one cow.  I will go back to the game and have some patience.

Edit:  Went back and let game run a couple of years and the cows did not multiple.

threestooges

Quote from: sithlrd98 on December 20, 2008, 07:09:59 PM
I do have a question about the trail lots in the fence pack...I have had them since they were first uploaded here , but I just recently noticed the "transparent texture bug " with them. Has anybody else experienced this?

Jayson
The issue was documented back on Page 17, just a quick trip to the zone overlay map will fix things until the next time you enter underground mode.

jamezz

Hi this is great stuff - but none of the download links work! I would love to have this stuff can someone please tell me where I can download it?! THanks

quackmofro

Quote from: jamezz on January 16, 2009, 02:40:08 PM
Hi this is great stuff - but none of the download links work! I would love to have this stuff can someone please tell me where I can download it?! THanks

Read back to the previous page. All of it is on the LEX

jamezz

thanks to the wiki, i have now found them on the lex - will download shortly! cant wait!

jamezz

chris, how did you remove the sidewalk from your roads/streets? and how did you make the streets/roads lined with trees? thanks lovin your work!

Battlecat

Chris, this is beautiful work and a fantastic addition to the game.  Thanks for letting it be uploaded to the LEX.  Hope you come back with more some day!

kalanc69

I just wanted to add my comment and say thank you for all the great work you have done here Chris.  &apls I have definitely benefited from your work, and I am sure there are many others out there who would say the same. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that you get through whatever RL issues are detaining you so that we can once again see more of your beautiful work here on SC4!

Sincerely,

Kalanc69

Rady

Chris,

downloaded this fantastic mod yesterday and stumbled across the gate part of your fences. I tried several times but couldn't figure out before plopping wheter plopping will result in an open or close gate? Any tricks on that? ()what()

Apart from that - great work!! &apls
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

FrankU

Rady,

The gates are open between certain game hours and are closed on other. It is not dependent on the way or the moment you plop them. They do it just by themselves.

Rady

Thats COOOOOL   ;D

thx!

Quote from: FrankU on February 25, 2009, 06:40:41 AM
Rady,

The gates are open between certain game hours and are closed on other. It is not dependent on the way or the moment you plop them. They do it just by themselves.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

gn_leugim

hello there.. it's been a while since no entries are added  %confuso

is this project still alive? because I need some help  &cry2

I need this kind of shrubs:

now, is any possiblity of you can make this or tell me some tricks in how to make them? "$Deal"$

thank you :)

BarbyW

Chris has been MIA for some time as RL has claimed him. There are two possibilities in the Flora upload - yellow flowers and weeds. Not sure if they look exactly how you want but it is unlikely that any more development will take place for some time.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

gn_leugim

I've being using them to replicate this flora BarbyW, but they are to low and small unfortunately.. that's why I was thinking on asking to make them, or to tell me some tricks to do them myself   ;)

gianthaiku

hmmm. seems i can't get it now. :'(
Well its still good work

Chrisadams3997

GiantHiaku: I guess you'd tried the old links, it's all on the LEX now and the new links lead there.

It's been a while, but I do have a new project in the works.  I'd always wanted to do a water front kit like what you'd see along many residential lake front properties, or parks, etc.  These often consist of a wooden bulk head along with private docks and boat houses.

The biggest problem with doing one exactly like this is you need to visually extend the land to the bulkhead(which is necessarily out into the water).  Doing this in a way that it 'blends into' the texture on the adjacent land tile would be difficult and doesn't work at all if you want to be able to match with any texture, so I've used a narrow boardwalk along the bulkhead instead to connect between the land and bulkhead.

From there, I also want these to defy the grid as much as possible.  Anything they'll do orthagonally, I want to be able to do at a 45 and 26.6(e.i., same angle as FAR), with smooth transitions between.  It'll be a while in coming and testing, but I've started the work, here's a first look:

Chris