• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural Renewal Project

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 11, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenni

Whooooooooa. That looks freakin awesome!!Let me know if you need some props or models, i can help ya if you want.! :thumbsup:

Sober

Quote from: figui on September 28, 2007, 05:34:50 PM
wow &apls
those pictures are GREAT! :D really.
Well, some of us like a peaceful landscape ... to pave over ;)

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Andreas

Quote from: Ennedi on September 28, 2007, 04:52:32 PM
Andreas, it's a shame, but I don't know...
I have it from a very long time, I think it comes with one of old prop packs. An icon description is made in the same manner as SFBT Props/ Arkenberge Joe Baeume, but I checked this file and there isn't a swamp tree there.

LOL, but now I know. That's SimGoober's swamp tree that I converted into a mayor mode tree myself. ;) It just looked so unusual on your pic that I didn't recognize it. &ops Gosh, I need to play SC4 more often...
Andreas

Ennedi

Quote from: Andreas on September 29, 2007, 02:19:27 AM
LOL, but now I know.

It is strange, but I supposed it  :D :D :D
It was a little voice in my head when I started to check Arkenberge Joe props ;)

But the most important thing is you know what you needed to :thumbsup:

Edit: And if you will play SC4 more often, you will have less time to make your fantastic creations  :) It is impossible to make everything in the same time
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

BigSlark

Quote from: Ennedi on September 29, 2007, 03:48:15 AM
It is impossible to make everything in the same time

Not true, Ennedi. You just need a second display and a Quad Core processor... :D

Cheers,
Kevin

P.S.-Sorry for going off topic. Now back to the regularly scheduled amazing rural creations of ChrisAdams3997.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Quote from: Sober on September 28, 2007, 07:50:42 PM
Well, some of us like a peaceful landscape ... to pave over ;)

I know such people - and this is the reason I imagined some people who like cities but don't want to pave everything over, so I decided to make a place for them and started to build Shosaloza  ;D

Quote from: BigSlark on September 29, 2007, 08:02:27 AM
Not true, Ennedi. You just need a second display and a Quad Core processor... :D
Cheers,
Kevin

Of course Kevin, but this way you can fill more tabs in the spreadsheet or records in the database  :D
If you want to make something more, you must wait for good ideas - and they come randomly and mostly in the free time
And tis is the reason that even 128 - Core processor will not replace any of us in making SC4 cities (or maybe it will do it in some cases?  :D)

Don't be angry Pat, these are all jokes ;)
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Chrisadams3997

Glad to see you guys are keeping it lively in here in my absence :).

dedgren

...breathing hard...

...think I'm gonna pass out...

Seeing this for the first time.  Man- I'm not getting out enough.

This is amazing stuff.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

SimNation

Those swamp trees look nice...got a Q for you though...which terrain texture would you say ur mod will look best with? Im using the columbus one but since I plan to use a lot of ur flora in many of my cities and the fences for my farms I was curious which one looks best. So far it seem the Italia one is best suited for this.

Chrisadams3997

yep, but the swamp trees aren't mine.  As for terrain mods, it'll work well with any of them, the whole idea is to allow the terrain to be expressed instead of covered like in a traditional SC rural area.  That said, all of the released terrain mods I've seen are more 'expressive' than the standard Maxis, and thus it's more rewarding, but which one just depends on your region.  I use the columbus mod and it looks great on it.

Ennedi

I want to make a comparation between various terrain mods in the near future ( in my MD Shosaloza). Various mods will be showed on the same terrain. When Chris will release his work, I will use it and we will see - I am curious of it too  :)

Edit: As for terrain mods - there are many factors wchich have an influence on the general look. One of them is the perspective - the next fascinating theme
New Horizons Productions

Rayden

Any further development on this? It's looking great do far, and I could make good use of it alresdy ;)  &apls :thumbsup:

RippleJet

Quote from: Rayden on October 07, 2007, 02:07:15 AM
Any further development on this? It's looking great do far, and I could make good use of it alresdy ;)  &apls :thumbsup:

Chris is out of town at the moment:

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on October 04, 2007, 10:06:33 PM
Here's my last pics for yall before I head out of town, so you'll have to enjoy these for a while.  Some ingame comparisons

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on October 05, 2007, 10:01:18 PM
I won't be back on till Sunday evening at earliest, but I'll try to check in then.

Rayden

Thanks RJ, I haven't seen that thread &ops

girlfromverona

I am in absolute awe of your talent, Chris! I just started building a farming community in my city tonight - these new additions are going to make it more realistic than I could ever have hoped.

Ennedi - your pictures are beautiful! :)

Ennedi

Quote from: girlfromverona on October 08, 2007, 07:19:52 AM
Ennedi - your pictures are beautiful! :)

Thank you very much - it's a result of using good stuff :)
New Horizons Productions

capo

Oh man, do these look great. I've been watching over the several pages of work and comments posted and I must say that Im starting to feel like an 8-year old three days before Christmas. I cant wait to have these goodies in my menu, if there's a Chrisadams fanclub you can sign me up ;)

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

Chrisadams3997

I appreciate everyone looking in on me here :).  I've been here and there, and a few places in between, and while I've been here, I've been working on the football field project, which keeps getting added to.  I've got a bad tendancy to do that ::).

Here's a quick teaser of something I started playing with tonight.

edit:  added one more

This was really just testing out new textures and techniques, and once I get organized I'll have a lot more pictures to show where I'm going with this.