• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural Renewal Project

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 11, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE4194

wow chris- you continually amaze!

Pat

omg chris WoW.... What more can i say but WoW...........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Badsim

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on October 19, 2007, 02:54:16 PM

On a side note, Monet did like painting water lillies, coincidence?

So far ... I think so . :P

Now ... if you decided to release poppies ... I would feel obliged to call you Mr Monet of SC4 . $%Grinno$%

Just a joke ! I think that poppies are too small and/or grow too erratically  to be properly represented in SC4 ...
And seriously : no , I don't believe in coincidences , I'm afraid of ...

Great work once more with these rowboats . :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

FrankU

I say Wow again!  &apls
Chris, some long time ago I asked myself: why aren't there growable farms with meadows and cows, or horses, or sheep? So many countryside in the world is just grass with fences and cows on them. At least here in The Netherlands.
But I have never seen them on STEX or LEX. Do these exist, or is there something that makes them impossible?
Ploppable farms are boring.... :(

What you do here is really changing the game is a kind of SimCountrySide!

SimNation

The lil pads look amazing reminds me of ponds and such when you get a lot of green algae and other plant matter that float to the edges all the time. Kayaks and Canoes would be great!!! Rowboats and even some 7 person rowers would be great to. You know how college kids on the teams are always praticing on local rivers and such. Any chance you gonna make some cat tail flora? I think they would really good along with our lil pad flora.

Keep up the great work cant wait for all of this to be released.

CabraBuitre

Great job with these!  This (canoes, kyackers, tubers) will do quite a bit towards creating more recreational areas.  It isn't like these are lacking, but this just expands the possibilities!!

Check out Abelfarei!

sc4luv2

Quote from: FrankU on October 20, 2007, 05:10:05 AM

What you do here is really changing the game is a kind of SimCountrySide!

I second this!

[

ExiLe

I...I...     I... I think I love you.......... No seriously that looks beyond AMAZING!

Great work dude!   &apls  &apls  &apls
...coming soon

dogfight

Hello Chris. The kiak's will be a great addition. It's too bad the game take's most of the detail away on small BAT's though :thumbsdown: Still I think what you have done is a great addition to the game. :thumbsup:

M4346

Did someone say Poppies?! Yay! :P

On a more serious note though, this does look really awesome Chris! It will be a great addition to my rural landscapes!  &apls &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

tkirch

You do some amazing work on everything your doing.  I can tell you a lot of us are drooling waiting for your stuff to come out.  You are adding so much to SC4.  Thank you so much your amazing

Chrisadams3997

I'll get to replies this evening as my time is limited.

I got around to correcting an error in the diagonal gate props today, then I started working on randomizing them as had been discussed a while back.  After some experimentation and testing I got them working like I wanted, when right in the midst of my celebration, I took a look at the shadows...

Apparently the game is only using the shadows for the state zero model in the Type 4 exemplar, no matter which of the two models it shows.  I've wracked my brain for an answer, but I'm stuck, and it might not be possible to fix.  If anyone knows anything about this issue, I'd sure appreciate the help.

Palpatine001

Hello Chris

I have been watching your work and it is coming along well

It seems both you and I are doing a Rural Series in some form or another, you here and me at www.simcities.com

As for your shadow error, if you don't mind send the files this way and I'll have a look as well as some BLaMers to see what we can do, can't promise much but we'll try.

Private Message me and I'll send my email and we'll take it from there

Great work so far  :thumbsup:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Chrisadams3997

Thanks for the offer Palpatine.  I'll do you one better though, I've attached the file to this post so everyone has access to it.  Perhaps someone will know a way to fix this.

FrankU

Maybe I am missing the point of your problem....
But is it that you are trying to randomise opened and closed gates in one lot or prop-family? If then, maybe you just make two lots/families: one with open and one with closed gates?

Shadow Assassin

That would at least fix your little shadow issue.

Maybe there's no way around it but to have the gates open and closed on two seperate lots.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Chrisadams3997

That's what I already had in place before trying this, and it looks like I'll have to go back to it &mmm.

Ennedi

It would be also not good for the player to have open and close gates on one lot, appeared randomly. If there is a road going through the gate (or, for example, a transit enabled access road), the gate should be open. Too big props family isn't good for other reasons too.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Chrisadams3997

Well, what I'm trying to do with it is make the props open and close over time on the same lot, as opposed to a gate after being placed always being closed or alway open.  I'm trying to strike a balance between flexibility and user control while keeping the number of lots down.  Plus it'd just be really cool ;).

pvarcoe

It would be cool, but don't kill yourself over it.
The set is going to be great either way.