• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mikeseith's Modular Parking Garages

Started by mikeseith, June 18, 2010, 07:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeseith

Here is a picture of the entrance I have so far.  A little plain but it is transit enabled as you can see by the taxi exiting.  I shall now continue tweaking my BATs.

SimNation

I am so glade you are doing these..you have no idea how long I have wanted to have modular parking garages. After everyone started making modular items the first thing on my wish list was for parking garages since we already had modular parking lots. This will make areas that use them look a lot more unique since we can make garages of difference sizes instead of using the same garage each time. Keep up the good work man.

RebaLynnTS

Having a piece, with a ped bridge would be cool.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Nexis4Jersey

Very nice mike , nice to see you back. :thumbsup:

mikeseith

rooker1

Yup, that looks perfect.
Would it be too much to ask for a few different versions?

Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

mikeseith

well, right now I want to concentrate on the style I have going now.  Later when I have a good start on these, maybe a different style can be made.  Also, this is going to clog up a lot of slots on your parks menu as-is.  About 20 or so.  So each additional style will will 20 or so more slots on the menu.

And here is what I was up to last night...airport shuttles.  rough drafts.  This weekend, time permitting, more BATing.

jpj_starfleet

I have 2 questions.... will the Airport Shuttles be spawned by the garages or will they be another downloaded vehicle for the game and will the bridge be longer then you show in the picture? other then that I can't wait for these to come out! seams like every time I get ready to rebuilt my International Airport somebody else comes out will more cool stuff that puts it on hold!  ::)

mikeseith

I am thinking the garages will spawn the shuttles...not as a separate download.  The pedestrian overhanging bridge shown is 1 tile long.  I believe I'll be doing a 2 tile long bridge also.   

TmiguelT

This is sweet !! ... When will you release this bats? I can't wait !! :thumbsup:

This bat will fit perfectly in my Airport recreation :)

Ciuu96

Very, very nice! No more ugly Maxis garages or non-functional custom content!   :thumbsup:
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

CrossSide

Looks nice! Maybe you can use a entrance of a toll house or something?

Definitely gonna use this!

tag_one

Great work Mike! Very useful and wonderfully made  :thumbsup:
I do have two small suggestion. Maybe you can add a gradient to the brick texture. It will add some extra visual detail too it. Other thing is that I would be a bit scared to walk close to the edges, the railing looks a bit low ;)

RickD

Fantastic idea!  &apls
I wanted to have a parking garage in my Santa Barbara Downtown but could not find one that fits. Yours seem to be perfect.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

mikeseith

tag_one,
Your points are duly noted.  I am afraid I'm too far along to make those changes with this version.  Will probably release these when they are done then make a new version with improvements.

Highrise99

I was always looking forward to being able to drive around inside the parking garages in UDI.

j-dub

QuoteI was always looking forward to being able to drive around inside the parking garages in UDI.

Maybe driving around on the ground level, but don't jump the gun on muti-level setups.

@ Mike and anyone else building parking structures, it would not be impossible, BUT the only way this could work is with puzzle pieces, just for driving around on other floors, and I don't think thats what this is. The only modular transport building set I have seen come close to this where it goes right next to elevated NAM puzzle pieces, and uses them for this purpose of 2nd level driving access to a terminal/hotel, was on a foreign site, and I don't think ever went anywhere else. I only got that building set, because someone else redirected me to it. Doing something like that would be a lot longer, if not tougher to do for modular parking decks/garages, especially if both UDI versions for multi levels and working parking lot versions were done. I suppose overhanging models could be made to go over existing NAM pieces or El-MIS, as similar stuff with under-bridge props has been done, but again, easier said then done.

mikeseith

I think there may have been a misunderstanding.  The entrance piece is transit enabled so you see cars enter and exit the buildings.  I fear all pathing in sim city.

mikeseith

A little update on the garages...I have started over.  I was unhappy with the results and started over.  A picture of the 1st section is here and I would like to see your comments regarding the new look.

On an unrelated note...How do you make a header-type page for a thread, like they have for the RHW and those projects.  I believe this may become a rather long-term undertaking.

Jack_wilds

Hey Mikeseith, Jack wilds here...

Thought I'd drop in and say hi...

I like the new proposed direction for the project; it appears more believable, reasonable, realistic...  :thumbsup:  also like the proposed shuttle buses...

hello Mike's thread (fancy header here).... sorry can't be better help... ::)  (yes I'm being facious - $%Grinno$%) Happy 4th of July -fireworks galore and all that... stay away from the potato salad   :sunny: :D

Jack  8-)