• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's International BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, August 16, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

JP Schriefer

Oh my God O.o
Your works are always impressive, I just have no more words to describe and praise about it '-'
This Chrysler Building will certainly be one of the best BATs of all times!

mrsmartman

Congratulations. Your Chrysler Building is shiny.

sc3kufan

Wow!!! Simply amazing. Don't change the shininess of the spire, it looks GREAT as is ;D

reddonquixote

Thankyou for OSITM, I feel very special  :bnn:

Mattais - Thanks. I'm still working on the glass, I hope it turns out well!
Art - Thankyou, that's adding to the pressure  :D
Simcoug - Thankyou!
Seraf - Thankyou, yes, I haven't forgotten, going to be interesting to lot it though  ()what()
Romualdillo - Thankyou!
Bombardierre - Thankyou, yes, definitely some light grime is in order  :thumbsup:
Thanks Frank!
Unconstantantean - Thanks for the thought, I'm hoping though, along with many others, that Vlasky comes back soon and finishes some of the masterpieces he's teased us all with!
Thanks Aaron, yeah, I've made blinds but I haven't finished the glass yet... hopefully soon
APSMS - Thanks for stopping by  :thumbsup:
Noah, thankyou my friend
Thanks Girafe!
Mgb204 - Thankyou, I hope it didn't disappoint  :P
Thanks Belfastsocrates!
Thankyou very much JP!
Thanks MrsMartman - I've done some work on the shininess as you'll shortly see
SC3kufan - oh, I did do some work on the shininess, I hope it's ok  ()stsfd()

Oh wow - that's so many comments, thanks for taking the time everyone, I appreciate it  :)

Well, the work has stalled a bit due to the patterned tiles, but here's some more renders, this time with the full model. I'm particularly interested in what you think of the spire being less shiny?

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

deora

Seriously,i have no Words for how i feel right now when looking at this Piece of Art.
My Mouth is wide open,i dropped the Jaws and completely lost my speech.

"Epic" would be a very weak Word to describe your Rendition of the Chrysler Building.It`s spectacular and a real Legend.We and our Computers will be long gone when SC 4 Players in the Future will still talk about that crazy Guy that once BATted the Chrysler Building for SC4.
One Thing i`m still wondering is: Why is the Building angled on one Side?Was there once a tiny Street that got obscured by Time and Development or what`s the Reason?
Too bad much of the angled Side is covered by an adjacent Building.

reddonquixote

Thanks Unconstantean - very cute koala  :D
Thankyou Deora! That's a really good question, I don't know why the side would be angled either.. someone will know I'm sure  ;)

Seeing JP's work on the Stadium reminds me of work I started on Engenhão a long time ago. Maybe this month I can spend some time finishing off the modelling for it. So far I've only started on the seating, the outside is all just prototype models so far. Look for more updates soon  :)

Closeup of the seating:

And progress so far: (Big!)

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

noahclem

Beautiful progress on the Chrysler  &apls &apls  I'm quite happy with the spire textures as they appear now. Didn't realize there was an angle to the building's base, could lead to some interesting lotting possiblities....

Stadium is looking great! Looks like quite a few seats to bat :D

art128

Quote from: noahclem on October 05, 2015, 01:27:53 PM
Stadium is looking great! Looks like quite a few seats to bat :D

It's not as bad as you may think. In fact it's quite easy. You model one seat and then use the array tool.. Quite a practical tool. I suppose that's the method Reddon used... After all, modeling each seat one by one is pure madness.

Brilliant work on the Chrysler building... Really a magnificent creation. I'll be really surprised if it doesn't get a few awards. (ST HAS to create a BAT of Simcity category for their next trixies.)

The stadium seems like a good start too.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Chrysler building is amazing, looking forward seeing it ingame!  &apls

Stadium is also promising!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

The stadium looks very promising and the Chrysler Building, well...   :o
It's one of the most spectacular BATs I've ever seen... An example of how SC4 still beats all the newer games thanks to the talented members of the community.

&apls &apls &apls

carlfatal

The Chrysler Building is totally awesome!  &apls

The stadium looks interesting (I have to admit, I don´t like sports...  ::)) But I like the level of detail here. And I am really waiting for first pictures of the facade.  :thumbsup:

Badsim

Quote from: reddonquixote on October 05, 2015, 03:23:24 AM
Thankyou for OSITM, I feel very special  :bnn:

Don Quixote ? ??? ... never heard of you ... you're not french , isn't ?  $%Grinno$%

Never heard of you , except that I used to lurk at your Melbourne BAT thread at ST since its early days  , even if skyscrapers aren't my favorite kind of BATs ( as in RL than with SC4 ) : how to stay unmoved in front of such talent , and , surely essential , how to not dream ( selfishly ) about you BATing something like ... let's say a cathedral ? ... wait a minute .... You did it ? Oh my ... Don Bussy Man !  ;D

Have to thank you for all that provoked desire , sir . :thumbsup:

I was a SC4 player most of all inspired by its details and realism aspects ,  and SC4  , for obvious reasons when , amazed like a child , I look  at works like yours , is far to get any worthy successor ... SC4 community may look tired currently - and may be tiresome sometimes  $%Grinno$% -  , at least since my retirement I haven't found a more inspiring place . Valid statement for various BATers and MODers keeping on  expanding the game of our dream , but right now , a K-point is requested especially here in front of that  Chrysler Building shining like a  crown perched on ... only 3 years of BATing ? Really ?  ::) ... Noah or Arthur ( Hi !  :) ) , please ?

&apls &apls &apls

Cedric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

kelis

I'm totally agree with Badsim's comment !! I got that power too so I will give to you that K-point !! All your models are a collection of pieces of art, but the last one...the Chrysler Building is in another level... those textures and small details...
No words my friend, I just would like to see two more things... first one, please make someday some building from Japan and the second and most important, PLEASE NEVER LEAVE THIS GAME !!!

Greetings and thanks for all your work  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

eugenelavery

Great to see some work on the Engenhao stadium. I was concerned we had lost you from the Rio 2016 project team.

seraf

This is going to be real gem... You are doing an amazing job on it. It's good to have someone so talented in the community, when I fell a bit bored with BATing I always look at your work and I feel inspired to keep going with mine :D

And I don't know about the spire... I think it looks good now :)

As for the why one side is angled - if I remember correctly there was an old road that the curve of the building follows. One site I found says that along this road was carried news of the Declaration of Independence. So maybe the architect wanted to commemorate that?   ???

reddonquixote

Thanks everyone. Where did October go??  :o  ()what()

A whole month has gone by and I've made hardly any progress  &mmm

I've returned to some really nice comments though.

Noah - Thanks! Yeah, As Arthur said, the seats are cloned. The stadium sections are made as straight sections and then bent into shape using a bend modifier. Will be interesting when it comes time to texturing them all though!
Art - Thanks! Have to actually finish it first  :D
Thankyou Vortext
Romualdillo - Thanks my friend!
Thanks Carlfatal! - Lol. No, I don't like sports either. I'm looking forward to this as a BATing challenge but its not something I find very inspiring to model.
Badsim - Thankyou so much. That was a very lovely message to come back to. 
Kelis - Likewise, thankyou for such nice words. I think I know which country my next International BAT will come from  ;)
Hi Eugene!, yes, I still plan to finish Engenhao and possibly one other Rio BAT I had in mind as well  $%#Ninj2
Thankyou Seraf! - I feel I'm in great company  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately no updates for this thread today. Let's hope November is more productive  ;D

JP Schriefer

Chrysler Building is just...just...can't explain

Btw, nice to see Engenhão, it is looking very good!

c.p.

You're not afraid of big projects are you? :D

The Chrysler Building is incredible &apls