• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Glenni's BAT viking homestead

Started by Glenni, January 20, 2018, 05:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenni

Hi all - Boy it's been a while hasn't it? 

I recently got back into playing Simcity 4, installed all my old mods, and then installed, gmax, BAT, 3ds max 2011, and finally Bat4Max.

Currently it's taking a while just to get used to things, there is so much new to learn - that, and I'm a bit out of practice with BATting, I had the hardest time just trying to remember how to make a window frame!  ::)

However I do have a little project going, my first BAT in 7-8 years, It's nothing fancy, just a little wall to wall concrete building.
Gotta start small to hone your skills, right?   :D It's mostly complete model wise, however I am getting a few odd little glitches on the side of the building. Not sure why that is the case.

mrbisonm

Great to see you back Modeling with BAT (BATting). I still use all your Bats, they have grown into my Plugin's walls. Excellent start.....

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

art128

Nice to see you around after that long time.

Good looking little building!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Glad to see you back after so many years

Regarding the glitches, did you download the patches from Autodesk. Not sure it's the source of the problem but might help to have an updated version of 3dsmax  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Glenni

Quote from: Girafe on January 20, 2018, 08:34:58 AM
Glad to see you back after so many years

Regarding the glitches, did you download the patches from Autodesk. Not sure it's the source of the problem but might help to have an updated version of 3dsmax  ;)
I just did now, got Service pack 3, hopefully that should fix it some.

reddonquixote

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Glenni

Thanks, all.  :thumbsup:

I have a slight update, with some help from JasonCw and Mushy I made a more varied and darker glass texture, keep in mind that there is no glass in the windows to the side yet, though.

gutterclub

Wow, great to have such a legendary BATer return. Really looking forward to seeing what you pull out of Max and BAT4MAX. Looking great so far :)

Glenni

Thank you guys, it's nice to see I'm still welcome here.  :thumbsup:

I've been reading tutorials lately, just trying to learn the new stuff, and experimented.
Here's my night render so far:

And before I got there, all my failures.  :bnn:

matias93

looks like someone hid a nuclear reactor on the basement and was playing to tickling the dragon's tail with it...

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Glenni

Here's my new project, an update to the antiquated Norwegian house packs i made in the past, This time I plan to make a few of the typical premade houses from Norway built from the 2000s, to today. Like before there will be colour variations such as red, yellow, blue, green, grey, white, brown, black, etc.  Same story with the roof colours, ranging from grey, black, red, orange, green, etc.

So far I only have the base shape of the house done, I still need to add gutters, little vents, inverters, a chimney, stove vents, etc.

It will take a while to make all these, but these are essentially the designs I'm basing these on.

First I'm making houses based on these, more or less:

And a couple high wealth versions:

Unconstantean

they'll blend well with bipin & mattb creations  &apls &apls &apls &apls

Glenni

Thanks, here's an update. :D Most structural details done, next is lamps along the wall, plants, and what not.  ;)

Glenni

So far this is what I got. The house model, the deck, which will be seperate, and a foundation for the house/deck that will show up on uneven ground.

The only thing that's remaining is to make some stairs for the foundation:

I'm also considering doing a few variants for the foundation prop base by family props. So that it would appear randomly, concrete, more stone variants like this one, brick, plaster, etc. :D

b22rian

Glenni,

Love your latest Batting project here with the housing ..
and it also shows your still improving after all these years  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Housing project looks great with the custom foundations as a particularly nice touch  &apls  Reminds me a lot of same period of detached houses over here and don't think there's really much, if anything, of that style available for SC4  :thumbsup:

feyss

There are never enough houses like that for the game  ;)

Glenni

Agreed, we definitely need more nordic houses in the game. =P

Here's what i got now, hopefully the foundation will work once in game.

manga rivotra

I love your work for years and it's a real pleasure to see your new creations.  :)
These new "viking homes" will be very useful whatever the style of town reproduced and your foundations are probably the most sophisticated I've seen on a Bat so far.  &apls &apls &apls
I can not wait to see these houses in game.
I'm glade you have add some garden props, still welcome ! , and thank for the "Kaigata 92 W2W" also.  :thumbsup: