• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pozzessed goes BATTY

Started by Pozzessed, August 08, 2010, 02:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pozzessed

My apologies for disappearing for so long, my machine went into complete meltdown resulting in my having to rebuild the whole thing .. the only original part left is the case!  :'(
I haven't been totally idle though, I now have a little over 50 models to lot .. I just need to tear myself away from Gmax .. hehehe
Just a few pics for your perusal ..

Happy Holidays to you all!
Please call me Roz.
Visit my BAT thread .. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11464.0
The Beginning of Knowledge, Is the Discovery of Something We Do Not Understand ...

I Refuse To Have A Battle Of Wits With An Unarmed Person.

mightygoose

these look great, what a lovely christmas surprise.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

baconrocky

I am ecstatic that you did not disappear for good! I am a big fan of your work and already had cleared a section of my city to place your buildings sets! Hope to see them on uploaded soon enough!

Also a big fan of the commercial buildings that blend in with the residential. Row Houses are one of my favourite building types.

Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

Have a Happy Holiday!  ;D

Lilith

I like your models ... I love the details.

I'm just a little bit in doubt about the scale ... but the rest is all good.

Sciurus

Wonderful british houses! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

peter007

Beautiful Houses they are a bit like gascookers ones.
Sorry to hear that you lost your models in a meltdown.

Tomas Neto

Awesome work, really fantastic!!!  &apls &apls

jmyers2043

Hey Roz

I want to compliment you on this roof. I actually sat here in the chair for a few minutes and tried to dissect what you did.  Learning from others. I think that I've got the original texture in some folder somewhere. And if I do? Then you've done a great job of doctoring it up. I like the dull orange-ish and the burgundy-ish color. The roof does not distract the eye from the rest of the model and is complimentary to it. 'Less is more' is my motto. And I like the subtle smudges on the dull orange-ish color roof and the occasional off color tiles on both. Great job! I can't say enough about it.

- Jim

<edit> BTW - your next photo with the 5 buildings in a row are well done too.   

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pozzessed

Mightygoose .. Thank you, hope you had an enjoyable Christmas.

Baconrocky .. I need to spend some time in the lot editor, unfortunately I haven't yet figured out how to force it to run correctly in 1920x1080 .. my eyes aren't what they used to be :-) I'm doing quite a few row houses, the ones pictured below are your typical 'two up, two down', back street type.

Lilith .. I'm glad you like them .. scale isn't easy to show with screenshots straight from the BAT as you probably know, all the shots that I show are test rendered in HD at closest zoom. I hate it that most of the detail that I put in will never be seen in game but I have to do it for my own satisfaction. All of mymodels are taken from real life.

Buzzit .. Thank you. I'm still trying to light the signs, without success at the moment.

Guillaume .. I'm happy you like them. The faux Tudor style will be R$$$, they're modelled on an'executive' housing estate and will be lotted as such.

peter007 .. I have all of Gascookers models in my plugins folder and use them a lot, I've just been trying to fill in some gaps. My Simcity, GMAX and art folders are backed up everyday to a seperate hard drive so I didn't lose any of my models or textures .. just the hardware :-)

Tomas Neto .. Thank you.

Jim .. I remember someone saying that simcity 4 was a game of roofs, so I've tried to make mine 'interesting'. I use paintshop pro and created a range of brushes to use on the roof textures to make each one unique but still blend in with each other (to my eye). I'm not sure where I got the original texture from but I do remember having to straighten it up, made much easier using psp's new perspective straighten tool .. a lot of my textures are ripped off the original houses and adjusted to fit the models and game. I started to model rows of row houses because I disliked having to keep demolishing ones that grew in the wrong place :-)

More pics ..

Please call me Roz.
The Beginning of Knowledge, Is the Discovery of Something We Do Not Understand ...

Girafe

Really interesting stuff here  &apls &apls

The roofs are especially very nice, is it only a texture or you batted the tiles ? I am very impressed  ::)

good job, your small houses are sweety  ;)

ps: my 1000 messages is for you
  :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

travismking

these are simply beautiful ... Can't wait to see these in my cities

peter007

Wow great that's why they matched so much with gascookers one. You are doing a great job on your texturing especially on the last house with that damage in the wall. Which program are you using GIMP, Photoshop ?

HotChocolate

Wow, stunning... Excellent modeling, looking forward for these!  ;)

noahclem

These look great! I like the first one with the dark green walls the most but the rows-of-houses concept is probably more useful.

Pozzessed

Girafe - The rooves are just manipulated textures and the rowhouses will come in sets, I've asked for a family id range (I am honoured to have your 1000th message!)  :)

travismking - Thank you .. I really need to get lotting :D

peter007 - Thanks to google earth, I create textures from real-life pictures .. I use PaintshopPro and have been doing so for years ..

HotChocolate - I'm glad you like them .. thank you for commenting

noahclem - The dirt greenish grey walled building is actually a corner property which will be lotted with one of the sets of matching rowhouses :)

I would like to publicly thank my new found friend Jim(jmyers2043) for his great help with nightlighting, without which I would still be struggling to light the signs on this and my other shops .. thank you!  :thumbsup:

Please call me Roz.

art128

Hi Roz, you got a nice corner building there, I quite liked it.  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

cubby420

Wow, I love that corner building. The nightlighting is coming along great. Can't wait to see a release some day.

DanniBee

We need some more Uk style housing, and these'll fit it just right, they look superb! Well done! Are you thinking of maybe making some more modern ones built in the 70's or 80's. Anyway, I really Cannot wait for these! &apls

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *