• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pozzessed goes BATTY

Started by Pozzessed, August 08, 2010, 02:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Great to see you back at the BAT after the computer meltdown, Roz. These new terraces look brilliant. I love the window textures and little texture scenes in the all of the windows. Very realistic indeed  :)

Pozzessed

art128 - Thank you, there are more in the works.

cubby420 - Thanks, it took a while to get the lighting right. The interior of the shops should be lit during the day in game too, I can't think of any shops here that aren't .. I hope there won't be any problems with it.

DanniBee - I have some 70's buildings on the backburner right now .. houses and a couple of matching 3 storey flats :)

Guillaume - Merci! and thank you for visiting.

Matt - I'm the one having the meltdown now. Besides the textures on the floors, there are some models in there too, although very basic ones .. I just needed a little something in there.

Here's the situation as it stands at the moment. A week or so ago, I slipped the disc in my back (AGAIN!) so I'm forced to lie flat for the next few weeks  :'(. I was getting withdrawal from the BAT but thankfully managed to force Harold (my laptops name, don't laugh!) to give up a little hard drive space for GMAX. Luckily my paintshop program was already on here so I'm managing to work again for a few minutes at a time.
That said, this is the one I've just finished .. 'THE Bus Shelter' .. this building could tell so many stories. It's where I walked a mile to, and from, to get to the 'local' secondary school, the town and later years, to work. It was called 'THE' bus shelter because it was the only one for miles .. set on a crossroads, it served the three surrounding villages. In our teens it was the meeting place away from the adults, a place to enjoy a forbidden cigarette .. or even worse .. a bottle of cider! There were other goings on, but my memory fails me ..<<insert angel smiley>>. The kids today have their raves, we had The Bus Shelter.
Enough ramblings  :D Down to business .. The guy in the screenshot just wandered past as I hit print screen so he won't be in the final render .. ok ok, so I use him as my height guide, he's much easier on the eyes than a sim size block *grins* (off on a tangent again, must be the meds!). Right, do any of you think that it might be of interest to release for the game? If so, I'm going to need a little help I don't have the lot editor on here and there isn't room for it anyway so if anyone is interested in lotting & (presumably modding)the model and testing it for size in the game please pm me.

Please call me Roz.
Visit my BAT thread .. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11464.0
The Beginning of Knowledge, Is the Discovery of Something We Do Not Understand ...

I Refuse To Have A Battle Of Wits With An Unarmed Person.

Girafe

looks really good  ;)  just wait for an in-game picture
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

DanniBee

Looks like a good model and I like the textures, pity I can't help though seeing as my experience with lot-editor is non-existent! I wish you the best of luck in recovering and releasing the model!

jmyers2043

A thought about people models. The unofficial rules of thumb for in game Sims is to make them 4 meters.

The first Sims I put into the game are in the Barn Raising bat. I made them 4.5 meters tall because I was doing a standard render. All definition of the models was completely lost at 4 meters and under (doing an SD render). The peeps to looked like little blobs. I now render in game peeps using the HD feature. My own conclusion now is that a 4 meter Sim at HD will seem to be taller and thicker than the in game peep. I'm now altering these 3ds files to make them thinner and about 3.8 meters tall. I'm still making refinements but am getting close.

I like the stone wall texturing and the roof on this model.

Good Luck.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

peter007

Pretty realistic. Looks very fine. And you can place it in almost every country (besides of the eastern.)

SuperTimo

Really nice work pozzessed :) Loving the bus shelter its much like the one in my village.

Hope your back gets better soon  &mmm