• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Automated Textures for the Real Railway (RRW)

Started by eggman121, August 05, 2016, 02:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Hello everyone.

I have decided to start making alphas for the Real Railway mod to give some variety too the textures.

These are the tentative results  ;D

Of course any set of textures of the Ballast and Sleepers/ties can be used to vary the results  ;)

I am just wondering if anyone is interested is such a mod  :-\

-eggaman121

belfastsocrates

Ohhhhh!!

I'm interested! I'd prefer a grey base with concrete sleepers as I personally think it's more modern and it suits my in-game city style.

Maybe have the current grey look a little 'rougher' or gravelly?
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

jeckyll

Nice!
It would be great if were created alpha textures for trams...

Alan_Waters

I have long been waiting for such an opportunity. That discrepancy textures reality stopped me set the RRW. If you do give a metallic sheen rails - it will be perfect.

Mero90

Something similar to the SAM for RRW would be nice, maybe with transition pieces. The railway lines color can be very different: old lines have the tipical iron oxide brown, while newer lines tend to be light gray.

Here are the coordinates of Roma Tiburtina on Google maps, you can see the difference between old railways and the newer ones.

https://www.google.it/maps/@41.9119225,12.5313064,89m/data=!3m1!1e3

Tarkus

Quote from: Mero90 on August 05, 2016, 07:23:04 AM
Something similar to the SAM for RRW would be nice, maybe with transition pieces.

I wouldn't expect there to be a SAM for the RRW at any point, but rather, simply alternate options for the existing networks.  The reason the SAM was feasible was because the Street network had relatively few network tiles, and how the network was typically used.  Creating a SAM-type setup for any other network would be astronomically more complex, which is why it hasn't been done.  That's especially the case with Rail, with all the new switch types, fractional angles, and curve radii that have been added in the NAM, in addition to a pretty sizable base set from the game's default capabilities.

-Alex

eggman121

I am going to second what Alex has said. I am running out of IIDs for the RRW for one set let alone multiple.

I should give credit where credit is due! mgb204 showed me how to make these alphas and Rivit has the tools to make the this happen. So a big thank you to them.  ()flower()

It is still early days but I do plan to cover the whole RRW and the Lot texture packs.

-eggman121

APSMS

It looks amazing, but I have one niggardly question: Could we get frogs on the base dragged switch (the not so nicely curved one)?

At any rate, it sounds like a lot of work, but I am encouraged by the work that you manage to get done. It is always top-notch (even with the occasional bugs). I may even try my hand at trying to make an alternate set, just for the heck of it (cause mostly I like the default textures).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

eggman121

Quote from: APSMS on August 06, 2016, 12:45:22 AM
It looks amazing, but I have one niggardly question: Could we get frogs on the base dragged switch (the not so nicely curved one)?

I may be able to do that but it would take a bit of work. Not impossible though  ;)

Here are some more dev pics

-eggman121