• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metasmurf's lotshowcase

Started by metasmurf, May 01, 2007, 12:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

Been playing around with LE lately to make some custom farms. I would like some feedback on this one.

I've tried to use prop groups as often as possible to get a good variation. I also transit enabled it which i think turned out kinda cool.

BarbyW

My only suggestion would be not to transit enable it as occasionally you make want to bulldoze the farms to get a higher stage one to grow and you will have missing zone tiles.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

rooker1

I love it.  I think it looks great.

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Andreas

I like it! The house goes very well with the barn, and the lot has a nice layout. My only suggestion would be to remove the hay stacks from the "garage" and put a tractor there. Usually, the hay would be found in the large barn. ;) Barby has a point about the TE, but I must admit that it looks very good.
Andreas

sebes

That is a Metasmurfing cool entrance of your farm man... 

Barby: you don't really want to bulldoze this beauty  when it grows, do you ::)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Badsim

I love this farm just like it is , Meta , great work . :thumbsup: &apls
I just would have searched an overlay for the farm court to extend the dirt road in ... ::)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

metasmurf

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I extended the dirtroad into the lot. What do you think? I also removed the haystacks and replaced them with a tractor and a pickuptruck. I also added some stuff behind the barn as i had to extend the lot to make the dirtroad overlay textures to fit :)

Yoder7652

pretty cool...very realistic, it reminds me of something I might see in Indiana or Iowa...

Andreas

Is there a dirtroad texture that "ends" on one side? It looks a bit odd that it curves on the lot and leads to the "garage" in an offset. Or maybe it aligns better with the large door of the barn? Apart from that (yes, I know that I'm nitpicky ;) ) it looks wonderful, not only the larger lot, but also the smaller, which had a really cozy appearance.
Andreas

kwakelaar

A very nice looking farm, great work.

rooker1

Another great one, I like them both.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

meinhosen

That's a nice mix of SG's country homes and Jmyer's farms (hmm, perhaps it's time for me to go fiddle with the LE again)  ()stsfd()  The farms look very impressive - great work!  :thumbsup:
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

jmyers2043

Hello Meta ...

That is a nice farm. The like the burnt orange shingles of the home in your reply #6. Also, the proportions of the home as compared to the barn look good. I see that you are using Cycledogs brilliant base and overlay textures.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

sebes

Metasmurf - that is so very cool... this is an award winning farm... mind my words  &dance

I kind of like the way that the track ends at the garage...That is probably where the most used tractor is parked at nights  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

metasmurf

Ok so I fixed the dirtroad texture a bit.

Here's another variation. Comments ? :)

Oh Andreas I don't mind you being picky at all  :D

Andreas

Quote from: metasmurf on May 02, 2007, 04:40:08 PM
Oh Andreas I don't mind you being picky at all  :D

I'm glad to hear that. ;) If I had to be really picky, I would point out that the "gates" of the TE portion of the lot don't look as well with a curve leading towards the lot rather than with a T intersection, but obviously that depends on your street layout.

The new lot looks very interesting as well, maybe there are too many "towers" (the water tower, the large and the small silo) for such a small lot. Maybe you could also add some more small props to the lots to make them more lively. Like an old, rusty plough in a corner and stuff like this (I don't know if props like this exists, but I hope you get the idea).
Andreas

Gaston

Metasmurf,
   This is really some good stuff.    I like the lots a bunch.   I might suggest "opening" the gates a bit more.   ___\     /___

A more acute angle I think.

I tend to agree with Andreas when he said:
QuoteThe new lot looks very interesting as well, maybe there are too many "towers" (the water tower, the large and the small silo) for such a small lot. Maybe you could also add some more small props to the lots to make them more lively. Like an old, rusty plough in a corner and stuff like this (I don't know if props like this exists, but I hope you get the idea).
Maybe a chicken coop or if you wanted to really get acurate, every farm around here (Eastern Iowa) has a small "kitchen" garden near the house.   A small crop of tomatos, peas/beans, carrots, lettuce (in springtime), etc.    That would be located close to the back door to the house.  This way the farmer's family could have easy access to fresh produce.   Just a suggestion.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

metasmurf

I can't do anything about the opening since it's not my props and I'm really bad with the bat.

However I added a "garden" in the backyard aswell as a chicken coop

jeronij

This is a nice looking farm indeed  :thumbsup:

I think you should not worry about the size of the lot. The first one was too small. This last one is much better imo  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Andreas

Sweet, the garden looks excellent!  &apls
Andreas