• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metasmurf's lotshowcase

Started by metasmurf, May 01, 2007, 12:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

Well, the problem has been solved. Jmyers is making several slope conforming barns, which hopefully will be released in the near future. That means I can do a series of farm lots. Since there's already a slope conforming barn available, the first lot will be released in a couple of days.

buddybud

Great to hear meta!....

As a side point i remember teaching you how to bat a box over chat at one point a couple years back. And you were successful.....you didn't give up did you??

jmyers2043

Hello Metasmurf

Fraserwood Christmas Tree farm... hmmm.

The original models for the Fraserwood farm building were made into props. The growable building is invisible. I did that so that I could have a steady platform for applying seasonal christmas lights and a merry christmas banner to the front of the building. Basically, props react differently to terrain than buildings do.

I think your application is slightly different than my original idea which is the reason for the funny gray area between the base of the building and the top of the foundation.

Give me a couple of days and I'll make you a proper growable building and foundation for you. It will look a lot better.

At the same time I'll do a tutorial on how to make foundations. I tried to do foundations a couple years ago then stopped because it was very exasperating.  :'(  :bomb:  I've learned a few things (trial and error) and can finish them quickly now.

Good Luck on your new farm lots   :)

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

jmyers2043

Looks like I am bumping the thread here  :D

Here is a proper building and foundation.

http://premium.fileden.com/premium/2007/7/4/1237795/FileforMetaSmurf.zip

This is the bare bones test lot..

Good luck with the rest of your project.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

metasmurf

Splendid! Thank you so much Jmyers!  :thumbsup:

Pat

Smurf this is looking real great here and too see Jim stepping up without a problem that is awesome to give you the boost to finish off the barns!! You know what??? That is what makes this community so great where members help each other out!!!

Great job to you both  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metasmurf

Definitely agree with that Pat :)

Anyway I got the basic design up, unless there are any objections.

Not sure about the placement of the silo, as I don't know where they're usually placed in real life :P Any other suggestions on what I could add to the lot? (except for flora).

Also, I'm not sure about the threshold settings, not sure what value I should put there.

buddybud

Hey meta that looks great.
As for the silo...usually the main consideration is elevation in real life, gotta keep that grain dry afterall, then second would be accessibility.
My only constructive criticism would be the uniformity of the lot textures, ie no track marks in the dirt. Otherwise the setup is quite authentic.

Keep up the good work.
Bud.

If ya need me i'll be in the back forty with a chicken, a case of beer and a horse with no name! woot!    %BUd%

Sciurus

Very good work, and I like the underpinnings :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Q-Tips

This most be some of the nicest farms i seen created for a very long time. It really reminds me of the farms around my place.

BUT... Isnt the barn a little oversized compared to the house? I'm just trying to think how the man standing at the barn door would be able to walk in the door to the house.