• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Grand Canyon

Started by jeronij, December 12, 2006, 04:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Hello dear SC4Devotion members !!!

I am glad to start the first official Mayor's Diary in Sim City 4 Devotion  :thumbsup: !!!

It is time to start a fresh new journal. I hope I still keep my skills after so much time without playing  ;) .

I have decided to use an existing map for this Diary. The Grand Canyon. I have started playing this region at least three times. I hope this is the BIG one  :P !!!  The region is quite challenging and balanced. There are big plains in the corner areas, and really rough terrain in the middle squares. I have to say I am specially hooked with this region, so I´ll keep playin it for some time.

I dont remember were I downloaded the map from. It was a long long time ago, 2004, but I dont think it is available at Simtropolis  &mmm.

OK, enough words for now, lets start with a regional view. The pics are 1024 pixels width. I apologize for the inconveniences, (specially the 1024 or less users), but they can not be smaller. I hope you understand it  ;D .

GC_01_02 Region View.

And since the city is already developed, and I did not made pics during the development ( I started it simply for fun) , the MD will start with some general views over the city.

GC_01_02 Zoom 5 First rotation.

GC_01_03 Zoom 5 Second Rotation

GC_01_04 Zoom 5 Third Rotation

GC_01_05 Zoom 5 Fourth Rotation

And lets go one zoom level closer.... time to see some details  ;)

GC_01_06 Zoom 4 First Rotation

GC_01_07 Zoom 4 Second Rotation

GC_01_08 Zoom 4 Third Rotation

GC_01_09 Zoom 4 Fourth Rotation

And this is the first Grand Canyon update. I hope you like the pics. Not much text this time, but I am short of time  :-[ !!!

Next update in progress.... ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Rayden

Great map. I think it's still at the STEX. About the update, I can tell you you still haven't lost any of your skills ;) I saw some of those pics before, I think when you have showed some of your waterfall lots and mods at Simtropolis.

Masochist

HaHA!  ;D I was waiting for this!  You realize that this is the very first jeronij Diary that I get to follow from the very beginning?  And already I'm amazed...that farm town is very random, but it looks so well put together.  I'd imagine that's how a farm would look if there could be farms that green in northern Arizona...(there may be, but I've never seen them).  I just can't wait to see how you tackle the canyon itself!  An awesome preview of stuff to come from jeronij himself!  YES!
(Under Construction)

TheTeaCat

Wow. This is the way to start.  :thumbsup:
i'll be following this closely

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Alfred.Jones

Looking forward to more Jeronij! It is already off to a great start!

Sim City 4 Devotion

tkirch

Looks really good.  You have a real taste for the aesthetics of a city.

jacqulina

wow my friend this is an awesome map,you allways do such a great job

NikNik

Auch Jeronij, you tease us with these pics as everybody who visits ST knows that the bridge area and the waterfall are your true gems of this particular area.

It is nice though to see some more of that reagion and of the countryside around the bridges.

Great work I will be looking forward to more pics.

Nik-Nik

bat

Wonderful work! Great region and great development!

wouanagaine

Wonderfull map and perfect terrain mod, and as always wonderfull buildings. How can it be something else ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

metasmurf

nice :D cant wait for the closeups

jeronij

Hello dear Grand Canyon visitors,

Thanks for the nice feedback all  :thumbsup:

This time I will present you the city in a different way as I use to do. Since the city is already developed in part, I have divided this part in several sectors, which I will show will calm and lots of pictures  ;D . The names of the sectors are not relevant, but I have named the city "Biniaraix", and I think I already used this name in another CJ... :-[ ...anyway, I`ll keep this name for this city  ;)

With no further delay, I present you the initial five sectors.

Biniaraix - Sector A This is a peaceful farmland area, and the main attraction here is the railroad crossing, which looks a bit out of place here, and will probable be changed to a standard crossing.

Biniaraix - Sector B This is a more busy sector, some railyards, some heavy industry, more life...

Biniaraix - Sector C This is the sector neat the waterfall. Again a peaceful farming area...

Biniaraix - Sector D This is the main residential area. I have decided to bulldoze it, and develope it again, using this great tutorial by AlekKing : Using Custom Residential Content

Biniaraix - Sector E The central sector in the area. Some small bussines and homing areas. Still can be called "quiet place".

The most relevant part of this city is actually the waterfall (to the right of these pictures), but as it can been intesively seen in my CJ Simtropia (ST), I wont show it much here. Next update will start including some close ups over sector A.

I hope you like the presentation  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

emilin

Very hard not to like this. It's beautiful in every aspect. Damn good job!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Very great and new work!!!

jacqulina

wow thats beautifull farming excellent work

TheTeaCat

Superb ;D

&apls &apls
Thats the only word I can think of!

:satisfied:

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Rayden

Nice work amigo, ahora venga los close-ups  :party:

Alfred.Jones

:shocked2: Amazingly awesome work Jeronij!!!! This looks awesome mate ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

jeronij

Hello dear Grand Canyon visitors  :thumbsup:

Again THANKS for your always pleasant feedback  ;D .  It is time to show some close ups over Sector A. I hope you like them, even I am sure you wont agree very much with the undergroudn crossing  &mmm , but I am not sure about changing it....

OK, lets go with the pics  ;)

We will see now Sector A from different perspectives and different year seasons.

Biniaraix Sector A - 01

Biniaraix Sector A - 02

Biniaraix Sector A - 03

Biniaraix Sector A - 04

Now it is time to start seeing some close ups. First the main road that gives access to the sector, and connects it to the neiborgh city.

Biniaraix Sector A - 05

Now a look to the railroad crossing...

Biniaraix Sector A - 06

Biniaraix Sector A - 07

Biniaraix Sector A - 08

There is also a small industrial facility in to the south of the area....

Biniaraix Sector A - 09

Biniaraix Sector A - 10

Biniaraix Sector A - 11

And finally, a random pic  ;)

Biniaraix Sector A - 12

I hope you liked Sector A. Sector B is on the way  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

metasmurf

Very nice :) Did you do any custom farmlots?

The only critiscism i have considering the update is the street under rail underpass as it seems a litle overkill for a rural area, just imo. Otherwise very good. I know working with slopes and farms sometimes can be very frustraiting, like when the farmhouse destroys the slope.