• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

First, to respond to paroch's earlier comment, I have been curious as to how many people actually read the stuff I write. The way I see it, if it was my picture, I would like to know what it was that gave it or cost it the vote. It probably won't change my style of play, but it is good to know why.

Second, congrtulations Ennedi on the HoF pic. The rivalization you mentioned here is a special kind (in a very good way), and I hope to see another of your pics around here soon to have some fun with it.

Now then, onto the pics at hand.

I think Simpson's pic really works well with the zoom level. Despite many different textures, they all seem to work well together. The large building seems to connect with the plaza in front, making it feel as if it was naturally part of a single lot. I can almost see an awards show there or perhaps people milling about waiting to get in. There are a few things that I do notice about the pic. There appears to be the faint hint of a grid (note the line just to the left of the back of the truck parked at the bottom) and there is that undeveloped commercial zone there too. Otherwise, the pic is quite nice.

HandsOn's pic does a good job working with diagonals and from the technical side seems to offer a bit (aside from that street thing at the top left as already mentioned). From a visual standpoint, the building in the foreground does a good job at hiding some of the pic as do other buildings. The fact that not everything is visible allows the mind to fill in the rest and gives the picture a sense of depth.

My vote this round goes to HandsOn.

HandsOn: 6
Simpson: 3

paroch

Matt - Of course I read you stuff  ;)  Your comments are always well thought out and are helpful  :thumbsup:

To the pics here - I've mentioned before that zoom in too much and the definition goes.  For me Simpson's pic is just too "pixellated".  I'd love to seeit zoomed out one level though - it'd be much better.  HandsOn's pic is very well composed and the choice of buildings is excellent - BUT.  And it's a big but for me.  The diagonal street just doean't quite work.  The grass texture at the corner is out of place and the building goes over the road.  plus I'm not sure what has happened with the street in the top left.

So, on balance, I vote for Simpson in this round to make it.....

HandsOn 6-4 Simspson

Earth quake

Simpson: great picture David, I like the Buiding in your pic and the place. Anyway, mediterranienne ambience am really very well accomplished, but picture is too much pixellated. (sorry for my English)
HandsOn: Great pictures, I Love Paris. and the Transition Paris-American town is very do. But I prefer Simpson pic.

My votes goes to Simpson
Simpson-4
HandsOn-6

jacqulina

MandelSoft

Nice authentic style, HandsOn! You got my vote

Simpson - 5
HandsOn - 7
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

art128

My votes goes to Simpson
Simpson - 6
HandsOn - 7
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

paroch

There appears to have been an incorrect score here.......

Before my vote it was

HandsOn 6-3 Simpson

Then I voted Simpson, so  HandsOn 6-4 Simpson

Then EarthQuake voted Simpson, but recorded his score incorrectly, should be  HandsOn 6-5 Simpson

Then Jacqulina posted a score for Simpson (or was she just correcting the score - surely if that was the case she would have said so), so it should be  HandsOn 6-6 Simpson

Then mrtnrln voted for HandsOn to make it   HandsOn 7-6 Simpson

And finally art128 voted for Simpson to make it HandsOn 7-7 Simpson

So from here (unless anyone disagrees) the score is

HandsOn  7-7  Simpson.

Good luck to you both in the closing stages of this round.

And bringing the pictures forward:

HandsOn:

Simpson:

Earth quake

Ok parcoh, sorry for my error.
The correct score:
Simpson-8
HandsOn-7

warconstruct

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

jestarr

These are both excellent pics, but I think I'll go with Hands On.  I really like the diagonal street in his.

Hands On - 9
Simpson -8

thundercrack83

I'll vote for Simpson.

9-9, tie.

flame1396

Come on Simpson! Get that last vote!
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

vester

My vote goes to HandsOn

10-9 in HandsOn favour

Sorry Flame

art128

I want to challenge with HandsOn   ;)
my pics

bringing HandsOn pictures forward:

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

flame1396

Lol, I know how to win now... Post something Old European, anything really.

And I vote for: Art128, there's such a story present in that picture. The connections of Power and HSRP to various other spots in your region tells a story, make a CJ so we know what's going on there. That's great.

Art: 1
HandsOn: 0

EDIT: For that track there's a Ground-Level HSRP available now, which with a cleared area around it would look better probably, the Maxis trees are so out of place there.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

sebes

HandsOn gets mine: 1/1 tie
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Earth quake

Art128: excellent pictures my friends, really realistic. Wonderfull. I like the power lines and the forest. excellent work.
HandsOn: God work, I love your city, and the trnastition Paris-American town, good work. But I prefer Art pic.

My vots goes to Art128
Art128-2
HandsOn-1

bat

I will vote for HandsOn's picture:

2/2 tie

Simpson

I vote for Art128  ()stsfd()

3-2 in favour of art 128
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

flame1396

It's close again.  :thumbsup:

Fun to watch then.