• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ussagus

I vote Ennedi's picture

Etherian - 8
Ennedi - 8

sebes

I love Etherians interchange and urban setting... het gets my vote this round

9/8 Etherian leading
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

nerdly_dood

:'( Too close! They're both great... I don't think I can vote on this.

Votes still stand at:
9 - Etherian
8 - Ennedi
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

derwilly

I love both pics, but I'm going for Ennedi in this occasion.

9 - Etherian
9 - Ennedi

Who will give now the coup de grace???  ;D
Indonesia: land of smiles, home of chaos, nation of disorder. My favorite place on Earth!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66788325@N00/collections/72157600071762388/

jmyers2043

both are nice pictures and I see that Etherain put a lot of work in his screen shot. But the monument being so close to the SimGoober hospital seemed a bit odd to me and that is what tips my vote for Ennedi again.

Ennedi    10
Etherian   9

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

paroch

OK, well I would like to challenge my friend Adam with this picture of the St.Mary's Peninsular, Charing Cross:

And bringing forward Ennedi's picture:

Good luck to us both....

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

threestooges

This has the makings of an interesting round. Ennedi's pic is great as I've already mentioned. Paroch's pic has a great amount of detail included in a rather large area (granted that part of my knowledge of the detail in the pic comes from close ups in paroch's MD) and the walkways/parks are really well done. There are a few little things that are off though. The boats on the left are a bit close to that wall, and the little menu button at the bottom could have been removed, but aside from that I don't notice anything that is otherwise off with the pic. Despite the minor imperfections, the amoutn of detail that is spread across the area is enough to give paroch the edge and my vote this round.
Ennedi: 1
paroch: 1

flame1396

paroch lacks much of a distinct focal point where as ennedi has the water tour serving as a nice visual center of the picutre

Ennedi 2 - paroch 1
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

girlfromverona

Although it looks like Paroch put A LOT of work into that area, I just love the atmosphere of Ennedi's pic and can't help but wish I lived somewhere like that!

Ennedi - 3
Paroch - 1

CasperVg

Ennedi gets my vote.

4 - 1 > Ennedi (heh, it's the first time I noticed it's Ennedi and not Ennendi  ::))
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Earth quake

paroch: Great pic, I love this overview, but I don't like the stadium, sorry and I prefer Ennedi pic.
Ennedi: excellet work, It's realy beautiful, but I don't like the sweden house in your pic.

My vote goes to Ennedi:

Ennedi-5
Paroch-1

Nikolaï

I vote for ennedi , it's very realistic pics  :thumbsup:

Ennedi- 6
Paroch- 1

Find Votkinsk in SC4 Devotion , Simland andTSC.

Simpson

Paroch I love the diversification of you city who is beautiful, but Ennedi'spic is beautiful too, tit's difficult to choise for who I vote
I love your stadium in your city paroch it's looking very good and your small port too so I vote for you
Ennedi 6
Paroch 2
:thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Ennedi

Thank you Etherian for an exciting round!  :thumbsup:
I must say I like your picture too! Of course, great work with RHW, but I like also another elements: very good use of flora, an interesting layout of buildings, very thoughtful use of walls - it isn't easy to use various walls and harmonize them together. And first of all, very nice color composition!
You make good pictures, please try again, the Competition will be even more interesting with such pictures!
And of course thank you all viewers for your votes and analyses! :thumbsup:

Hello Paul, nice to see you! That's a great picture you are presenting here. It looks modest, but only at the first moment. I like the stadium with it's whole surrounding - it is not too small, not too large and dviersified, I saw several times nice stadiums with only large parkings around them, and here I can see some parkings, commercials, fast food and also mass transit faccilities. This is much more realistic.
I like the waterfront, Seaport Village houses and the harbour are very nicely composed.
All area shows very good balance of buildings and the open space.
It's very nice to compete against you, our building styles are different but it is interesting to compare them from time to time  :)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

HandsOn

Breaking another iron-clad rule of mine I am actually going to come to Paroch's aid here: Yes, his picture could have zoomed in a bit more; but then the effect of the sculpted peninsular would have been lost - and that's what makes the shot.

Ennedi's shot is great in its own right, but I find the overzealous colours of those mediterranean houses just too unrealistic (not his fault, I know),

thus:
Paroch 3
Ennedi 6

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

gobo77

Sorry for my bad english....

sebes

It's a difficult choice... I like most of both pictures, but both also have some things that bother me.

For Adam's it is the Swedish house: at a prominent spot in the picture.
For Paul's it is "cluttering" of the area - to many different styles and functions on this small peninsula...the feeling is just not right... (sorry)

Both of you have much better pictures for sure... these two do not reflect both your skills in my opinion. Or maybe is it my imiginary bar for you being too high?   

Ennedi gets my vote this time : 7/4, Ennedi leading
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Ennedi

Quote from: sebes on June 27, 2008, 03:15:26 AM
(...)Both of you have much better pictures for sure... these two do not reflect both your skills in my opinion. Or maybe is it my imiginary bar for you being too high? 
(...) 

That's very interesting thing which I saw very often in this Competition: somebody presents one of a couple of picture (for example from the MD update) and looking at them I'm surprised of his/her choice - I am sure he/she has some better pictures  :D But if we choose our own pic to the Competition remembering about it and trying to choose something best for our viewers - not for us, the effect is the same :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

tcx

Once again, Ennedi's pic is my favorite

Paroch - 4
Ennedi - 8