• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 31 Release Date Announcement

Started by Tarkus, January 20, 2013, 04:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ1

I don't think the NAM team will do the release date thing anymore because many have grown impatient today, Many should know that the Nam isn't nor will it ever be easy to make and upload for us to enjoy. We are supposed to be grateful that the team actually took their valuable time to make a great game even greater. Until its released go enjoy your life please. Its been a beautiful day where I am, good enough to go exercise ;D Plus I love being surprised lol.

spot

Second that.
In all honesty though, I would rather have little features being released without big fuss every now and then than a major release.

Patricius Maximus

It is currently 14:50 Pacific Standard Time. That leaves a little over 9 hours until the March 1 window closes. Boy, this is the biggest wait since the "fiscal cliff" last December. The latest time zone is UTC -12, which is over certain parts of the Arctic Ocean and Antarctica. The current time there is 09:50.

Jack_wilds

standing by in cold white Wisconsin,   :satisfied: 

anticipation is nerve racking on Christmas morning...  :D   

here's hoping its released while I am online as its a pain to get to a free wi-fi spot  :-\ 

patiently standing by knowing all is in hand... Appreciation to the entire NAM-Team for everything, in dedication and generous goodwill on this NAM-Day...  &apls

sunv123

Quote from: TJ1 on March 01, 2013, 01:38:42 PM
I don't think the NAM team will do the release date thing anymore because many have grown impatient today, Many should know that the Nam isn't nor will it ever be easy to make and upload for us to enjoy. We are supposed to be grateful that the team actually took their valuable time to make a great game even greater. Until its released go enjoy your life please. Its been a beautiful day where I am, good enough to go exercise ;D Plus I love being surprised lol.

Don't worry, there's no talk of a delay, yet.

Quote from: spot on March 01, 2013, 01:49:14 PM
Second that.
In all honesty though, I would rather have little features being released without big fuss every now and then than a major release.

Don't worry, spot. All will come. :)

Rest assured, guys. It's coming in a matter of hours. :)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

jcluvzgamez

Only 7 hours left on March 1st in the Eastern Time Zone.  ;)
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

sunv123

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: sunv123 on March 01, 2013, 02:02:37 PM
10 on PST, Tarkus's time zone.

Currently 14:07, Ganaram-Jondor-Tarkus-Z Time.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

gn_leugim

let it come :) I am not "jumping and flying in the air" drooling all around as some here, after 1 year since the last update, one day or 2 waiting is nothing and it's worthy ;)

though I don't have it yet, I know I can say good job NAM ;)

Kitsune

One must wonder how much bandwidth has been sucked up today due to multiple people hitting f5 every 5 minutes... :) (note - I've stuck to half hour regime :-[)
~ NAM Team Member

gn_leugim

Quote from: Kitsune on March 01, 2013, 02:23:15 PM
One must wonder how much bandwidth has been sucked up today due to multiple people hitting f5 every 5 minutes... :) (note - I've stuck to half hour regime :-[)

ahah true XD

I can tell you that I spent more time BAT'ing than F5'ing :p so I was not a problem to the bandwidth :P

mike3775

Must be nice to have the time to sit around all day and post how much time is left before the 3/1 date passes.

I can understand why they refused to announce dates, and honestly, the last page and a half has made me grateful I raised my kids to be more respectful then many posters here

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: Kitsune on March 01, 2013, 02:23:15 PM

I've checked in every hour, which I think is a reasonable time scale.

Quote from: mike3775 on March 01, 2013, 03:05:21 PM
Must be nice to have the time to sit around all day and post how much time is left before the 3/1 date passes.

Believe me, it is nice  ;).

QuoteI can understand why they refused to announce dates, and honestly, the last page and a half has made me grateful I raised my kids to be more respectful then many posters here

True, release dates do cause a lot of stress, but you should also bear in mind that it has been 18 months since the last NAM release and the RHW has been entirely revamped. Those are unusual circumstances which undoubtedly add to the tension.

jgehrts

I would thoroughly enjoy if, at the end of today, we simply got a post to a certain Rick Astley song.

teddyrised

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 01, 2013, 03:22:07 PM
QuoteI can understand why they refused to announce dates, and honestly, the last page and a half has made me grateful I raised my kids to be more respectful then many posters here

True, release dates do cause a lot of stress, but you should also bear in mind that it has been 18 months since the last NAM release and the RHW has been entirely revamped. Those are unusual circumstances which undoubtedly add to the tension.

That is a miserable excuse. A long break between release versions doesn't mean people can start to act less civilized on a forum, no?

I'm glad that this will be the first and only time that the NAM team have published a release date in advance, in light of the new SimCity release. Many people on this forum can't seem to take delays well, and even more seemed to have just created accounts for the sake of rushing the release.

All I can say is that we show the NAM team a little more respect, and have a little more patience. I seriously doubt that is too much to ask for.

art128

Quote from: Tarkus on March 01, 2013, 03:48:05 PM
You know the RULs, and so do I . . .

-Alex

Okay, I laughed more than I should have... :P Nice one Alex.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: teddyrised on March 01, 2013, 03:49:44 PMThat is a miserable excuse. A long break between release versions doesn't mean people can start to act less civilized on a forum, no?

I'm not excusing them, but rather pointing out that their behavior would tend to be worse than during a typical NAM development cycle. You should be aware of the inherent tension in this kind of situation. I'd also like to point out that we have it very good here if a little ungratefulness and some impatience is the worst behavior we see. A normally tame environment can lead to rudeness and failure to praise to be falsely equated. Some people have been ungrateful, and wrongly so, but on the whole it's a tempest in a teapot.

In any case it won't be long now. We have 6 hours and 32 minutes until the March 1 window closes, measured on Ganaram-Jondor-Tarkus-Z Time of course. The NAM Team still has plenty of time to get everything ready  :satisfied:.

Haljackey

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 01, 2013, 04:28:38 PM

You should be aware of the inherent tension in this kind of situation.

Think we're pulling our hair out over the release date? :P

The NAM private boards have been humming all day, but that's to be expected ;)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tarkus on March 01, 2013, 03:48:05 PM
You know the RULs, and so do I . . .

A full commitment is what I'm dreaming of.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums