• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Aircraft

Started by Voltaire, March 09, 2009, 08:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

Awesome planes, especially the A380 and the BA 757. :thumbsup: Maybe an Emirates A380 for the next release? ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

TheElfKing

Quote from: Cyclone1001 on August 13, 2011, 05:35:57 PM
I typically hate Airbus planes, the A380 especially, but that is beautiful. Excuse me while I change my pants.
Why do you hate Airbus!? ()what() I do like Boeing more but why?

Cyclone1001

Quote from: TheElfKing on October 28, 2011, 09:10:03 AM
Why do you hate Airbus!? ()what() I do like Boeing more but why?

Because it's not a Boeing.

TheElfKing

I have a long list of requests but the request place is closed and it's only one per person.  :'(

maxosha

apeguy

Quote from: bombo on December 06, 2011, 08:23:46 AM
Where the effing hell are you voltaire?????
I need more effing planes for my airport!!!!
Where are you????

:angrymore:

Voltaire isn't just here to make planes, like everyone else he may have RL stuff to do, which should always come before SC4. We all have no choice but to wait patiently for him to make some more planes when he has the time. I'm sure he'll finish the next request pack when he has the time. Just remember that he doesn't have to do this, he doesn't get paid for it, so really we're lucky he devotes so much of his time to making these fine aircraft for us.

I know I don't really have the right to lecture seeing as I'm not a moderator, but it's still the truth.

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

art128

I don't think this is a good way to ask people out. You could have said it more gently. Real life is more important than making planes for some raging twelve years old kids like you. And even if he wants to make them.. I don't think he will get more motivation to do when seeing your post. So please, if you want to stay on this site, watch your language. Such sort of speaking is not made to be used here. Also, other members of the bloody community ? Why ? Because we apply the rules that are clearly written ? Seriously, you should calm down, take a coffee or a hot chocolate, and wait patiently for those. if voltaire do not make a sign here, it's because he's already occupied with his real life. Trust me, Voltaire is not the kind of guy to loose his motivation on a project.. when he starts something, he finish it, no matter if it has to be finished some years later.

And as always, it will be released when it is READY. So just be patient like everyone else here. patience is one of the motto of this game.

Oh, sweet, now his post are deleted. ..
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

TheElfKing

I understand that, I just had to get that out. :-[
Voltaire should get paid. ;D

Voltaire

Quote from: TheElfKing on December 12, 2011, 11:27:11 AM
I understand that, I just had to get that out. :-[
Voltaire should get paid. ;D

art and apeguy were reacting more towards the (now deleted) post from another member... who apparently registered that day, just to write something unkind to me. So far as getting paid, well... it would be nice. But not allowed due to Maxis/EA EULA terms.

For everyone who likes these things I make: please feel free to donate to SC4D! Jeroni always needs help paying his web hosting & bandwidth fees. The LEX and forums generate a lot of web traffic, and that has to be paid for each and every month.

Quote from: apeguy on December 06, 2011, 09:40:44 AM
I know I don't really have the right to lecture seeing as I'm not a moderator, but it's still the truth.

Quote from: art128 on December 06, 2011, 10:46:14 AM
Real life is more important than making planes... I don't think he will get more motivation to do when seeing your post.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't need to be a mod to speak truth. It helps immensely that responsible people like you step up when I can't be here... many thanks to both of you.

I've been dealing with RL for a couple of months, but it seems to be calming down (fingers crossed). So I'll be more active around here until at least January. There should be a release this month, but I'm not sure about specifics yet.

The A380 has an extended/attached/in-use jetway, and open hatches along the fuselage. For this model there will be 2 container loaders, and 3 catering/service trucks. The extensive nightlight setup required makes me cringe. But it'll get done nonetheless!

New mini-project: 747+ fleet renewal
When plopping many of the 747 jets next to an A380, the difference in quality is painfully obvious, and I need to fix that. I've learned a lot about mesh modelling, paint templates, and nightlighting since that original set over 4 years ago. So the improvements should be very noticable and worth my time (and yours).

The plan is to release an upgraded 747 with the same airline's A380. At first this will cover Singapore, Air France Cargo, Lufthansa, and Korean. After the airline pairings run out, I'll keep going in order of oldest 747 release to newest. This way, the fleet will be 100% modernized and up to current modelling spec by the middle of next year.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

art128

Looks really fine, Voltaire!  I really love the Jetway of the Quantas. And also, nice job modeling the cars/trucks around the 747's. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ivo_su

Oh I am so impressed  by the new A380 and the difference they have compared to Boing747.  Just in reality Boeing is so outdated and antiquated - modern aviation  needs new aircraft models and a whole new generation fleet. I  think Airbus is a step forward in this regard.

- Ivo

Jack_wilds

like the progress :thumbsup:, it 'wets' ones anticipation like a kid seeing presents under the tree :P anticipating a Merry Christmas...  :)

apeguy

It's very good to see the 747s getting an overhaul. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jack Bauer

I'm so glad to see news on your creations. You have made such a good work on the A380 jetways and it is interesting to see the improvement of the SQ 747. I guess we will see the SQ A380 soon. Your new project about the 747s is great.

Voltaire

24 December 2011

Upcoming release will be the next 3 requests plus one bonus, the prototype 747-8i in Boeing house colors:

This batch has two 747+ models... refinements include new Engines and Elevators for both aircraft. The elevator leading edge was thickened and re-profiled where it meets the fuselage, and then tapered to a very thin outer edge. The effect is a much sharper-looking tail, especially in the front view.

The largest part of this upgrade program is the engines. With PIA I'm introducing an all-new engine mesh, the Rolls-Royce RB211-524C (the "C" is the important bit). The generic GE/PW pod I've used on most 747-400's was split into specific models, you can see the difference on the Singapore 744 above: New Pratt & Whitney PW4000 on the right. The 747-8's GEnx-2B has a new pod profile, including much smaller scallops/chevrons at the trailing edge.

The main aircraft props including attached equipment have just been finished. Thanks to Joel, TheRyte1, and Fayzal for your quick PM replies! The remaining GSE props, lotting and the install package will occupy me next week, with release on or about New Year's Day.

Ongoing work with the next A380 will push it to the next release package. Remaining work is the livery of course, plus the wings will be dirtied up a bit, and I'm trying something new on the tail nightlights. Once these new nightlights are working, they'll be useful on every dark-paintjob tail including the updated 747's.

So far the daytime model is nearly complete, aside from the wings. Also I've updated the jetbridge interior, because the floor looked far too bright in the South (nose-on) view. The other views look a bit darker now, but I think it's still a pleasant effect:

Thanks, Art! Regarding service trucks, wait until you see the Lot for this Singapore A380 ;)

ivo_su - many airlines agree with that position on the A380, but the 787 and 777 enjoy the reverse situation. So really it all balances out in the end.

Jack_wilds - not in time for Christmas (except for pics), but not much longer...

apeguy, Jack Bauer - thanks and keep watching, there's so much more coming in the 747+ project!

ivo_su

Oh,  Voltaire you done a wonderful job and I am glad that you keep creating such a great model.  I really regret that I blurted out the deadlines for submission of  requests for Aircraft.  It would be great to have  models and the national airline of my country,  but I will wait when the topic is unlocked.
Bow to your work and Merry Christmas.

- Ivo :thumbsup:

Jack Bauer

Good work on SQ A380. Next Update, I want to see the tail completed. It's such a nice surprise to see the 747-8i. I love so much this aircraft.

apeguy

Looking forward to seeing this next set completed, and the 747-8 in Boeing house colours will be a very nice bonus. ;D ;D

Voltaire

January 2 , 2012

Requests Volume 4 Released - get it here on the LEX!

Couple of new things besides the aircraft in this one:
  - new stair truck installed on both the hard stands (standalone prop)
  - new vehicle area markings for hard stands. These omit jetbridge-related prohibited areas, plus give a more basic look suitable for re-use in upcoming freighter lots.
  -

The amount of new props and textures done just for the requests is piling up. Might be time to collect them into new mega props & mega textures... it would cut the dependency list by half.

Thanks, Ivo, hopefully it won't be too long now until the previous requests are completed.

When the Singapore tail is complete, that will be the last hurdle to full-speed livery production. I've had around 50 others to cross (since finishing the A380 basic mesh), which has slowed things down until now.

Thanks to everyone for your patience, keep watching to see high-volume releases as this project enters its 5th year  :)

Pat

Voltaire simply put stunning stuff you all have been doing here with airports for simcity thank you very much!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie