• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Functional Seaports - Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, June 13, 2008, 05:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: Pat on March 06, 2009, 03:46:30 PM
BTW its a shame you locked that file I still use that port myself and I have never had CTD with it even using the new stuff from the BSC functional Seaports...

The Additional CDK port was listed as #2 in Swamper's controller, and would thus conflict with seaport #2 in BSC Functional Seaports, which is the SWAP Package Loading Center.

The more dangerous part would be if Swamper's seaport controller (z_SW77-SeaportSupport.dat) would be loaded after BSC Functional Seaports.
BSC Functional Seaports 2.0 includes 32 supported ports in its controller, whereas Swamper's controller lists 21.
There would in other words be a significant risk of causing CTD's if you'd still be using that old controller.

Pat

Is there anyway to make it compatible so there would be no risk of CTD's?  Like I said I do like that port and it was the first custom port I ever used...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

Pat, you know the answer to your question ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

vershner

Hi there, I've been trying to create my own seaport following the instructions in the readme, but it's not working.

I copy "Enable Custom Seaport #1_b5c0c501.dat" into the plugin folder and remove "X-ports".
Fire up the lot editor, load the lot, and add props.
Save. "Enable Custom Seaport #1_b5c0c501.sc4lot" is created.
Copy "X-ports" back again.
Move "Enable Custom Seaport #1_b5c0c501.dat" and "Enable Custom Seaport #1_b5c0c501.sc4lot" into "X-ports/Seaports".

Then I load the game and the port appears but it is blank. No props.

Can any one help me out?

vershner

With a bit more experimenting, it seems that to lot editor is not able to save the file at all. It creates an sc4lot file, but if I immediately reopen that file nothing has been saved.
Is there any way around this?

Andreas

For some reason, the LE doesn't display any changes you made to a lot if you open another lot and then return to the edited one. You have to exit LE and start it again.
Andreas

vershner

No, I closed it and reopened. The changes do not seem to have been saved.

RippleJet

vershner, thanks for bringing this up!
As you've noticed, when saving in LE, the lot is saved as a SC4Lot file
(this was left out from my explanation in the readme).

Thus, after you've finished your lotting, you will have two files in your plugins folder:

• Enable Custom Seaport #1_b5c0c501.dat
  • Enable Custom Seaport #1_b5c0c501.sc4lot

The former one (*.dat) is the original, empty one.
The latter one (*.sc4lot) is the new one that you have created.

In other words, you need to delete the original DAT file from your plugins,
in this case Enable Custom Seaport #1_b5c0c501.dat.

After that, rename your recently created
SC4Lot file (Enable Custom Seaport #1_b5c0c501.sc4lot)
to a DAT file (Enable Custom Seaport #1_b5c0c501.dat).

Move this dat file to the X-Ports/Seaports folder and you're set. ;)

vershner

Cool that works great! Thanks for your help.

Using a little port like that made me wonder: wouldn't it be easier just to make a few tiny ports like that, with suitable costs and capacities, and then make everything else eye-candy?

Then all the other ports in this project could be released individually with their own dependency lists, and they don't have to be functional. Upgrades are simply a matter of replacing the generic port with a higher capacity one, then adding some more eye-candy.

It might get around some of the problems with Peg's ports too, because several of his are available as non-functional eye-candy.

tamorr

Is there a way with the curent Version "2.0" to be able to use the Inland ports as both SG and CaL Canals. That is being able to use the coal port on both in the same city. I myself like both canal sets and actually like inter-mixing them in a few of my cities Transitioning from one to another in some way. I am just wondering if it could be done with the current last two blank values or not, so in that way I could use both in a single city if I wanted....

I am asking if it can be done with either the coal port or the inland one or both?
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

RippleJet

No, since both versions of the inland port have the same TGI address, only the one loaded latest of the two would be in use.

And since the inland port is upgradeable, it cannot easily be placed in one of the empty blank slots, which all are ports having just one growth stage.

tamorr

Ok, if that is the case then... Would I still be able to use the original lots The coal wharf and barge wharf as a non upgradable port in those slots... Well maybe not the barge one, I don't remember what  it was called but it looks similar to the inland port. I wouldn't mind using them along side the upgradable ones, well at least the coal wharf...

Just wondering.. Thanks.
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
"Patience is a virtue."

BarbyW

You can use the non-functional coal wharf and the general wharf for both sets - SG and SG CAL canals - in the same city as they have different TGIs. It is only the functional inland ports that have to be one or the other but by using, for example, the Blockers and Enablers you could use the SG Coal Port and the SG CAL General Port in the same city.

tamorr

That's definately good to know, however I was asking if that Coal wharf could be put into one of the blank spots as a functional one. With modification of course to the Instant values and so forth. Like say one of the 6 that are pointing to basically the Instance of nothing, or are those 6 slots made for particular custom lots... I am not talking about the first 10 blank ones, I am of course talking of the 6 Instances mentioned that come after that.

But in my case it would be 2, since I plan one using PEGs lot in the first four. I do know a little bit about modding, but not a whole lot enough to make a mod/building from scratch per say. I am able to modify this and that .... Also I am not sure where I should be asking about MMLs. In which section should I?

Basically I am asking about the Capabilities of the empty Slots those of the last 6 primarily, and not so much on the 10 blank ones. I am curious and always looking for a variety to put into my towns.

Thank you....
"Patience is a virtue."

Gringamuyloca

Slowly going the cleanitol dependency .txt for the Functional Seaports, on a fresh install, this will be the second group of files in the plugins folder, the first being the NAM.

It's been going remarkably  smooth until I got here:

MISSING : SG_Canals_Brick.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=887

MISSING : SG_Canals_Brick_Variations.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=887

MISSING : SG_CAL_Canal_BaseSet.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=979

MISSING : SG_CAL_Canal_Straight_PropFamily.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=979

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=887,  is BSC Canals - Base Set

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=979  is CAL Goobers Canals 2007 Baseset BSC.

Does this mean I only need the 2 .dat files from each download for my Plugins? Or just install as norm and quit worrying I'm missing something. /wrrd%& %wrd.

Being new at this I hope I'm posting in the right place, please move if needed...

thanks

Tamara

BarbyW

You need the full sets of canals from the two packs as there is little point in having the inland ports without the canals themselves. The Cleanitol file has to have the specific files that have been used in making the ports but they are part of the set.
Just download and install as normal.

Gringamuyloca

BarbyW, thanks!  :)

Another question... I've noticed that a couple of the dependency files had dependencies. Now, most of those dependencies were included in the cleanitol but but the link for JB GE Props.dat, which is here: (Chelsea Mills Grain Elevator  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1367.) included a couple that weren't:Rail Yard Textures Mega Pack and BSC Mega Props DAE Vol01

I did download them, but wanted to check that they are not duplicated in another mega pack somewhere else before installing.

Thanks again, you folks here are awesome and awe inspiring!  ()flower()

ps: started an annual subscription, thank you all for making this site possible!

Tamara

BarbyW

Neither of those are in any other packs. The Railyard Textures belongs to ncd and the DAE Prop pack is the only one by dedwoods.

Maxim1110

It all looks nice but it doesn't work. I have all dependencies installed(checked multiple times with cleanitol) and I still get an instant crash to desktop everytime I try to build a port, please help me...

BarbyW

Do you have any other ports installed - Peg's for example - or z_SW77-SeaportSupport.dat? Neither of those is compatible with the BSC Functional Seaports and can cause CTDs.
Have you had a port in the city you are getting CTDs? If so did you bulldoze it before saving and trying to build a new one?