• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lost Textures

Started by alwinkel, April 23, 2007, 05:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alwinkel

Hello everybody!
After I downloaded and modified my textures, props and dependencies with the cleanitool, I lost my default textures. E.g. the parking zone from the airport is green, there are no more parking signs,the concrete floor, street is gone. This appears on some other default sc4 buildings, like the surrounding from some buildings are gone. Does anybody has an idea? THX!! By the way, fantastic sc4 page!!!!!

Andreas

If the default Maxis buildings are affected as well, I guess you accidentially changed your detail settings. Most likely, they are set to "low", making the city look very strange if you're not used to it.

---

Wenn die Maxis-Gebäude auch betroffen sind, hast Du vermutlich die Details auf "niedrig" gestellt. Setze die Einstellung wieder auf "hoch", dann sollte Deine Stadt wieder normal aussehen.
Andreas

Schulmanator

Actually, I have a similar problem. The only thing I am missing is the "plaza" texture from some mickebear buildings and from the Charlottenburg. I did the undo from cleanitol and it did not help. I went to the LEX and d/l'd every mickebear pack and prop and texture, even the ones I already had. Still, the plaza texture is gone. Does anyone have an idea what may have happened?

Help! I'm getting ready to pout!!!   ()testing()
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Brightstar

I have a similar problem also.  After asking for help on the datpacker thread and proving it wasn't that tool's fault - I put it down to having rearranged the loading order of things to accommodate datpacker.  I never thought about cleanitol as I only used it once and undid it straight away when it removed a couple of props and I got Peg's equivalent of brown boxes. 

I think if you are only missing the one texture it should be possible to fix.  Did you check the readme for both lots - it may not be a Mbear dependency you are missing. Alternatively you could have removed a lot that had the file you needed in it - that has happened to me before too.

I think my only solution is going to be to check for my missing textures one by one as I made it worse by trying to fix things in a less than scientific fashion ! lol 

Brightstar

Just thought I'd let you know I've solved my problem - turns out a couple of recent texture pack downloads had files listed to remove that lots actually needed.  Once I put back in the textures I had removed the lots showed properly - I was misled because it affected such a large number of lots! Not sure why it happened yet - Have never had that happen before %confuso

One texture you could be missing is the jenx_gare_du_nord texture - I found that more than one lot needed that one.