• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simgoober lots

Started by Abhinav, October 30, 2011, 12:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abhinav

So i started playing the game again..Currently download SG's commercial lots..We all know he has one of the best out there..So i downloaded packs like thishttp://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1096.Now my question is how do i know what size (tile size) are they?

i have almost all the mega packs he has but i am confused on how to let them grow as some of his malls are as big as 18x7 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Can anyone point me in some or other direction..
Much appreciated.. :)

Lowkee33

I'm going to assume you know a little about the programs we have available, let me know if you need links/help.

If there are many .lot files, then DatPack them into one.  Then open this file in Reader, and click on the Exemplar Analyzer.  If the list isn't filled, click search.  Then use the Properties Search, and search for Lot Size.  This will give you a long list of all of all of the lot sizes.  ;)

To make a zone that is 18x7, hold Ctrl down while you zone.

There are other uses for the Ctrl/Shift/Alt buttons while zoning.  Ctrl will also make it so the zoning does not change the slope of the tiles.  Shift will remove any auto-streets from the zone (making it easy to make a 20x3 zone of 1x3 lots).  Alt will change the direction of the zone, ideal for zoning diagonal roads.  These buttons can be used in combination as well. 

jmyers2043

Lowkee gives good advice.

Let me add that SimGoober didn't vary too much from the standard Maxis zones. Most of his commercial and residential lots will grow on 1X3, 2X3, 3X3 tiles. If you zone normally you'll get 6X7 or 6X10 blocks. The game will combine or divide the blocks into the areas needed to grow most if not all of his buildings on the fly.

I followed the link. One of the pictures is of a mini golf course. I know that it is 3X3 growable commercial and also in your landmark/parks menu.

The Mall is another thing. I can't imagine trying to get it to grow. It will most likely be found in your landmark menu as a plop lot with jobs. You should be able to select and put it anywhere you wish. It will work normally as long as you have electricity, water, and road access.

Good Luck

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Abhinav

Thanks guys..
I know about teh programs and also how to use them but i thought that there would be a list as that would save me lot of work coz there are total over 100 lots.. :P
Also its written growable so maybe they wont be there in landmarks..i havent installed them yet so dont know..i will give an update when i  transfer it from my server pc to gaming pc.. ;D just realised my plugins folder reached 1gb.:D
Thanks again..

mike3775

Quote from: Abhinav on October 31, 2011, 11:00:51 AM
Thanks guys..
I know about teh programs and also how to use them but i thought that there would be a list as that would save me lot of work coz there are total over 100 lots.. :P
Also its written growable so maybe they wont be there in landmarks..i havent installed them yet so dont know..i will give an update when i  transfer it from my server pc to gaming pc.. ;D just realised my plugins folder reached 1gb.:D
Thanks again..

When you play, keep an eye on the news ticker also, because some of his lots, when they grow, a thank you appears in the news ticker

Lowkee33

Quote from: Abhinav on October 31, 2011, 11:00:51 AM
Thanks guys..
Thanks again..

It's pretty quick to get the list I explained.  It will give you ALL of the lot sizes, grow/plop doesn't matter.  If fact, this is a weakness of what I suggest.

Ramona Brie

For the 18x6 and 18x7 lots I usually use the Extra Cheats LotPlop due to the size. I like more planned corner retail personally.

Abhinav

Thanks everyone as Jim told they are the same size as the basic lots.And i have been using the Lotplop for the big lots..
Am currently confused on terminus of a rhw. Can anyone provide a good referance?
Am working on redevelopment of my 4year old downtown and i am planning to start the main regional highway from there.
Thank you!! :D :D