• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Individual props

Started by annabellelin, September 18, 2007, 06:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annabellelin

I like to make lots in Lot Editor for my own personal use, and many times I will see an object on another lot that I would like to use on mine, but though it is on the custom lot and says it is a prop, it doesn't show up in my prop list.  Obviously, I don't have it downloaded, right?  So I would like to know if there is a way to find a particular object, such as a rotunda, or stall, or whatever without having to ask on a forum?  I don't know if I'm being clear, but is there some file that would list what's on the lot and where to find it?  Thank you.

Andreas

I think the only way to find out where the prop comes from (apart from asking here) is downloading and installing that particular mod (along with the dependencies, if necessary), open it in the Lot Editor and clicking on the desired prop. It will show the name in the lower left corner of the editor window, and usually, the prop creators are using some kind of prefix, like "SG_" for SimGoober or "PEG_" for Pegasus.
Andreas

BarbyW

SC4Tool will list the dependencies of a lot and tell you which pack they are in providing you have all the dependencies for that lot.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

annabellelin

Thank you so much.  I have enough info now to figure it out.  You are always so helpful I really appreciate it because I know you all are so busy.  Thanks again.   &apls

annabellelin

I did it, found the rotunda, the lot, and even learned some more about sc4 tool.  But now I have a curiosity question, which since I know you all are so busy there is absolutely no hurry as I am merely interested.  When I kept the base lot the same size, removed all the props, and re-designed it, the rotunda was there.  When I made the lot smaller, the prop was gone from the list, along with all the others used on the original lot.  Why does that happen?  If a prop is on the LE list, why doesn't it save it to the list regardless of the size I make since the lot is always in LE anyway?

Diggis

if the prop won't fit on the lot, the LE won't display it.

BigSlark

Quote from: Diggis on September 20, 2007, 09:03:33 AM
if the prop won't fit on the lot, the LE won't display it.

Then how to overhanging props work? I tried that myself not too long along and gave up.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Kevin

rooker1

I am just learning this myself, so correct me if I'm wrong.  Half the length of the prop is all that can over hang.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

RippleJet

Quote from: rooker1 on September 20, 2007, 12:12:33 PM
I am just learning this myself, so correct me if I'm wrong.  Half the length of the prop is all that can over hang.

True!

But, if e.g. the lot size is 2×2 you can't insert any props bigger than 32×32 m in LotEditor.

However, if you first make the lot bigger, insert the prop, and finally reduce the lot size,
then you can have a prop that is considerably bigger than the lot itself. :thumbsup: