• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Functional, Upgradeable Seaports - Development

Started by RippleJet, May 21, 2008, 01:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Sorry I can't help with the Mac problem but hopefully someone will in the Mac Forum.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

RippleJet

Here's a little teaser that Santa just sent me... ::)
Santa also said that they've been very busy, so nobody has managed to make this into an animation...

Even if it's not a picture of the final brown box xmas gift, it's pretty obvious that Santa has built this up
from old industrial docklands to a modern container port, situated next to inland canals á la Callagrafx.

Presented by Santa Barbara: ::)

Pat

OMG wow!!! Tage that is just massivly stunning!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RippleJet

wes.janson

YAY!

This will give me something to whittle away the time while waiting for the plows to clear the roads.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

RippleJet

carkid1998

Sendona... Coming soon!

sagek

Hey hows it going. I can't seem to find this Dependency •PEG_Hydro-Dam_205 it's a Dep for the CSX Powerplant Gas Depot required for the BSC seaport. Is that Dep Required or can I get by without it?

Also wanted to ask a quick question about the sea port usage it, i was confused by the ports not being able to be placed in the water and looks like they function only with canels, is this correct or did I do something wrong?

RippleJet

Quote from: sagek on November 16, 2010, 07:44:45 AM
Hey hows it going. I can't seem to find this Dependency •PEG_Hydro-Dam_205 it's a Dep for the CSX Powerplant Gas Depot required for the BSC seaport. Is that Dep Required or can I get by without it?

I'm quite sure the dependency (PEG_Hydro-Dam_205) of the dependency (CSX Powerplant Gas Depot) is not requried by the seaports. ;)

Quote from: sagek on November 16, 2010, 07:44:45 AM
Also wanted to ask a quick question about the sea port usage it, i was confused by the ports not being able to be placed in the water and looks like they function only with canels, is this correct or did I do something wrong?

Check the initial post in the support thread. ;)
Those ports listed under "Inland Canal Ports" are to be plopped along canals.

Those seaports that Barby has lotted must generally be plopped on dry land (but along the shoreline).
See also this post and my reply to it.

Muko

hi all ive got an idear for a funktional harbor why not a fishing harbor with small wodden and metal ships , and others fishing related probs as stage 1 ,stage 2 small and medium metal ships and a fish prosessing plant .stage 3 more medium ships and a fish auction hall . stage 4 one large trawler fev medium ships .
stage 5 final stage some large industrial trawlers and a fish packing plant and maby some brake water to protect the harbor a fev nice ones have been made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing_trawler some nice trawlers and related info about them :D

Lowkee33

Hi Muko,

A fine idea. :)  I could help you with the modding, but most of the work is with LE.  The whole of BSC Functional Seaports would have to be updated for a public release, but the more additions there are the more likely that will happen (right now there are zero).