• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Functional, Upgradeable Seaports - Development

Started by RippleJet, May 21, 2008, 01:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

To Simdad1957 and all others...

It is a pity that SimCity 4 is very complex in harbours and airports. So we have a problem.
I have read on this and on PEGs site about the new harbours and the compatibility stuff.
I admit it makes me very cautious and I tend to stop using customized ports altogether.
PEG made functional seaports, but at the same time he made lots with jobs, without seaportfunction, that look quite the same. So the looks of the ports can be obtained without using port-lots.
Sure, it is a pity that the function is then not used, but what ca we do? &mmm

We now have the incompatibility between BSC and PEG, but what if some Japanese friend or whoever starts Batting other ports? The compatibility problem would become even larger..... :'(

I guess we have to live with it.
Maybe the best solution for the BSC friends on this site is to use the new products arriving here and take PEGs non-functional lots as additions to the ports.

xxdita

PEG's EULA is the same for all of his products, so cannot be distrubuted with anyone else's uploads without his explicit permission. Any of his other lots can be used in conjunction with the BSC Seaports, but that would extend beyond the scope of the Functional Seaport Project, so there is really no need to include them as part of the package anyway, as it would only bloat the size of the download.

As for any of our Japanese friends, hopefully we would be able to open a line of communication to make their works compatible, and add them to the growing list of functional upgradeable seaports. The same holds true for anyone that is willing to cooperate in the ongoing development, and doesn't want to burn bridges just because they have a seaport.

Pat

Quote from: HandsOn on May 26, 2008, 01:50:47 AM
Between that and my CJ/MD and constantly checking what's new on the sites I am beginning to lose sleep here - this is torture. Finally I know what happend to the Spanish Inquisition (sorry Jeronji) Monty Python always mentioned..  :P

Its ok Handson you will get used to it sooner or later, hopefully sooner then later lol.... Anywho This is just uber sweet here!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

freedo50

Quote from: FrankU on May 26, 2008, 02:23:57 AM
We now have the incompatibility between BSC and PEG, but what if some Japanese friend or whoever starts Batting other ports? The compatibility problem would become even larger..... :'(

I guess we have to live with it.
Maybe the best solution for the BSC friends on this site is to use the new products arriving here and take PEGs non-functional lots as additions to the ports.

There is no reason for people not to co-operate with the BSC in the same way as they do over texture IID ranges, it just takes a little bit of effort to be civil.

Fred

rooker1

Hello,

This is a little something I have been working on.
Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6

Comments and suggestions are more than welcome, please.
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Alfred.Jones

That is insane Robin!!

I never thought I could fall in love with a port $%Grinno$%

Cannot wait for these to be in my plugins :D

Sim City 4 Devotion

HandsOn

:thumbsup: looking very very, very good indeed. One question, though: would it be possible - without too much work - to have some kind of "seawall" texture below the dock's waterline?
Edit: must be losing my eyesight.. they just look fantastic all around - so, when..???

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

rooker1

Thank you very much AJ.

Here is another for you to fall in love with.

Enjoy and comment away, please. 
I want these to be perfect in the end.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

rooker1

And here are more pics of the last port.

Call me Robin, please.

Alfred.Jones

That is massive robin :thumbsup:

Nice little google ad aswell :P $%Grinno$%

Sim City 4 Devotion

rooker1

Here is one last one.  Just a small port.

stage 2

stage 3

stage 4

stage 5

stage 6

Call me Robin, please.

Ennedi

Fantastic work Robin!!!  &apls
Now I know why you was so silent last few weeks  :D Of course I knew you prepare something special   :P

One questions for now: These BRT WIMPS waterfront pieces - are they an integral part of your seaport or you unified your lots with them? In both cases the result is excellent  :)
My favourite: Piers  :thumbsup:
Of course I will have a few suggestions  ;D, but for now I have only one:
- More lights please  &hlp (ports work 24 hours per day  ;))

You have a new fan of your seaport work!
Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Wonderful work here, Robin! These new ports have taken things to another level!

I can't wait to see more progress, my friend!

Dustin

CasperVg

Looks nice, although I don't see a reason to change the pavement texture on the borders. Plus, the metal-and-brick fences don't really fit into an industrial area.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

HandsOn

Quote from: caspervg on May 27, 2008, 09:20:42 AM
Looks nice, although I don't see a reason to change the pavement texture on the borders. Plus, the metal-and-brick fences don't really fit into an industrial area.
Disagree here, I do. Plenty of old I-areas with nigh victorian wall fences.

What would interest me here is if those tracks will connect to rail?

Diggis

Quote from: HandsOn on May 27, 2008, 09:27:40 AM
Disagree here, I do. Plenty of old I-areas with nigh victorian wall fences.

What would interest me here is if those tracks will connect to rail?

I think they might be tyre marks.

HandsOn

And so they might be, albeit very, very uniform; must be Bridgestone's F1 tyres. Which still begs the question: are this fantasmagoric harbours rail-enabled?

bat

Fantastic work on these seaports there! Wonderful pictures of them!! :thumbsup:

vester

Great ports. Maybe add some lights.

I made some light poles and some lights. You find it in my Prop pack Vol 1.