• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Functional Seaports - Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, June 13, 2008, 05:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imaginary Llamas

Could someone please tell me which of the dependencies are required for these ports?
BLS City Centre Port
BLS Container Port
BLS Oil Port
SDP Small Seaport
SDP Warehouse Port

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Imaginary Llamas

khendricks456

Hi,

I'm seeing a cosmetic problem with the BLS City Centre Port lot. There's an area in the middle of the lot that shows up as either black or transparent. It appears that the base texture is missing? I tried fixing it using the Lot Editor, but the change is not persistent after I exit the editor. Anyone have an idea how to fix this? The lot works fine, just looks weird. I've attached a shot of the lot at stage 3, stages 1 & 2 have the same issue.

vortext

Looks like you're missing a texture indeed. Check here to see exactly which dependencies are needed.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

khendricks456

Turns out I had too many textures! I went through the Cleanitol files more carefully and found a bunch of old textures that I needed to get rid of. Since I removed those, the lot is displaying correctly now. Thanks for the response!

jeffryfisher

Dunno if support still exists, but... I'm battling a "missing plugin packs" warning. When I convert the warning's decimals into hex and look them up in the Catty-log, they correspond to three files that are already in my plugins. They are all port enablers in BSC seaports 3.1: (45DA8C3E, 3538ACA2, 156E7509)

• v3_Enable BRT Seaport.dat
  • v3_Enable BLS Oil Port.dat
  • v3_Enable BLS Container Port.dat
Datanode confirms that the IDs are present, so how can the game think that they're missing?
Note: I am also using converted PEG CDK3 seaports (sanitized and edited to work with the BSC controller). They work perfectly as far as I can tell.
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)

Hi there,i think you must first take out the PEG seaports,i also use BSC FSeaports,the are full of crap lol.Try that and see what happens,maybe there is still a conflict that you cant see.

ThermalLance89

Hi. First post on these forums. :) I am also totally new to SimCity 4. So, forgive the confusion from myself if my questions feels like kindergarden level within this community.

So, here's what happened. I wanted to start playing this so a friend recommended me a YouTube video to get the most basic mod setup possible to start playing without having to deal with some of the most ridiculous issues the game have. (https://youtu.be/ftBJMYHWqns)

Now, I am trying to install BSC Functional Seaports to address the whole problem with seaports in the base game. I will just write what I did and I'd like it if someone could confirm to me if the way I did it should work or if I am setting myself up for disaster. Unfortunately, the game does very little in term of feedback to tell me if I did this correctly or not.

I extracted the main BSC Functional Seaports mod and dropped the X-Port folder into my plugins. Then I went into it (Where the enablers are.) and I deleted every single enablers except the Truesage one. (Which is the only one I'll use until I feel comfortable to with the game. Didn't want a cluttered list of ports with stuff that won't work.). Finally, I downloaded all the dependencies required by this specific port according to this thread (https://www.sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14336.0), I unzipped them all as individual folders and I dropped all of them into plugins next to X-Port.

Thank you in advance.

ThermalLance89

Alright, so it "SEEMS" to work but I now have a weird issue. Maybe that's something that happens in the base game I have no idea...

I got boats coming in from the sea with cargo... but when a boat leaves it turns north and... Well... they sail into the land and... disapear...

This is extremely weird.

jeffryfisher

Quote from: ThermalLance89 on October 08, 2022, 05:23:04 AMWell... they sail into the land and... disapear...
Such graphics are mere eye-candy. To know if your ports are functioning, right click on them after a couple months of operating to see if any cargo has been shipped. Also look at cap relief before and after placing a port.
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)

ThermalLance89

I know it's eye-candy. I sincerely don't care about the "looks" of it per say. (I still play transport tycoon...) But, having ships literally running into land and disapearing is just so weird I can't stop looking at it.

Is that normal behavior or is it the mod? Because at that point I'd rather go vanilla if it's the mod. I know it's weird but I cannot stress it enough when I say that kind of thing annoys me to the core.

Call it eye candy, but that really sour the experience for me...

terrasenila

Hello all

First post here, trying to get into playing the game and kinda wanted to use NAM and seaports mod only for now. Question is, is the download link for the seaports mod broken? It just goes on an endless loading loop until it just shows a bad gateway page.

Thanks in advance

Tarkus

Quote from: terrasenila on November 10, 2022, 10:53:38 AMHello all

First post here, trying to get into playing the game and kinda wanted to use NAM and seaports mod only for now. Question is, is the download link for the seaports mod broken? It just goes on an endless loading loop until it just shows a bad gateway page.

Thanks in advance
We've been having some technical difficulties with the LEX software of late, and it's caused any file with a Dependency Tracker list of a certain length to misbehave.  I've temporarily removed all the Dependency Tracker info for the file, so it is downloadable again . . . but it does sadly mean that getting the dependencies will be much more of a pain than intended.

-Alex

terrasenila

Thanks alot! You just made my weekend sir, i really just wanted to make the vanilla funcional for now till i get more experience. Again thanks  ()stsfd()