• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Certain Lots not growing

Started by AussieDave, May 03, 2009, 10:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AussieDave

OK, have a region with 5.5 million residents in it. For some reason I have not been able to grow anything higher than a stage 12 residential in any city.

Add to this I have not been able to grow anything on a 5x5 lot at all despite having the NYC housing set and all the 5x5 lots listed and available. Other ones like the Burj Al Alam and Burj Al Arab I have no joy with either despite quite a few stage 15 commercial lots popping up. I can plop the Al Arab ok however from a landmark file.

Korot

Stage 13 and upwards require parks, fire protection, water and power, do you have all of them? (My bet is the fire, that you have no fire stations near your residentials)

Greetings,
Korot

AussieDave

Thanks for that Korot. I have all of them although the fire protection is generated from a modified lot I downloaded called fire dept HQ which is a regular fire station with huge coverage. Migh try whacking a normal fire station down and seeing if that makes a difference.

Its only residential I have this problem with. Can grow stage 15 in commercial and do have stage 9 popping up in industrial all the time (not quite at stage 10 cap in industrial). I did manage to grow 1 stage 14 in one of my cities last night and had some r$ stuff appear on a 5x5 lot but no joy growing r$$$ on 5x5 lots yet. I have roughly 8 medium cities with populations ranging from 500k to 750k so I wouldnt think density is an issue.

RippleJet

If R§ appears above stage 12, but not R§§ or R§§§, then I'd say Korot if quite right about the fire cap being the culprit.
You might wanna test plopping an ordinary fire station nearby and see if that helps.

The quote below shows the CAPs (highest stage that can appear without providing what is capped) for Residentials:

Quote from: RippleJet on August 09, 2007, 02:49:01 PM
Stage CAPs

RCI       
  Power 
  Water 
    Park
      Fire
      Max.
Type     
Cap
Cap
    Cap
      Cap
      Stage
R$
R$$
R$$$

mike3775

I'm confused now.  In my cities, I tend to only plop 2 maxis police stations(to get the vehicles for U-Drive it) and 1 fire station, and the jail(to avoid that annoying pop up saying crooks are running free) and use other PD's/FD's the rest of the time.

Do I need to start plopping more maxis lots then what I already am plopping to get the higher CAM buildings(I think the highest I ever got was a 12 before I destroyed the city and started over)?

RippleJet

Quote from: mike3775 on May 05, 2009, 03:17:45 PM
Do I need to start plopping more maxis lots then what I already am plopping to get the higher CAM buildings(I think the highest I ever got was a 12 before I destroyed the city and started over)?

In order for R§§§ lots to grow past stage 9 and R§§ lots to grow past stage 12, those lots need to be covered by a fire station (lie within the coverage circles of fire stations). They don't have to be Maxis fire stations though. Any properly modded custom station would work just as fine.

mike3775

Quote from: RippleJet on May 06, 2009, 03:56:55 PM
In order for R§§§ lots to grow past stage 9 and R§§ lots to grow past stage 12, those lots need to be covered by a fire station (lie within the coverage circles of fire stations). They don't have to be Maxis fire stations though. Any properly modded custom station would work just as fine.

Great.  Thanks for that answer.  I was hoping I wouldn't need to be plopping more maxis lots, since most of the time, I use downloaded lots for those, because they look a lot better than the maxis stuff

AussieDave

Hi Ripplejet,
Thanks for your explanation regarding the fire coverage, etc. To date I have had no R$ above stage 12, a couple of stage 14 lots for R$$ and nothing above stage 11 for R$$$. Commercial I have had heaps of Stage 14/15 popping up and I am getting the industrial Stage 10's now.

I have parks galore, fire, police, education, health and mass transit stops (subway). However everything seems to stall at stage 11 for R$$$ and apart from a couple of exception stage 12 at R$$. I would have around 100 R$$ and R$$$ sitting on these stages. Most are zoned 4x4 and I have a number of stage 13, 14 and 15 CAMelots in this size. I know I have the buildings as well because I can custom plop them.

What other driving factors do you need to make them grow. Most of my cities are medium and around 550k to 750k in population and I have a large city I am working on which is 1/3 full and hit the 1 million mark last night.

HappyDays

Higher stage buildings appear when you need them. When you start running out of growth ability with current stage buildings, higher stage ones will begin cropping up and will continue to do so until maximum density (Stage 15 or close as possible) as long as there is demand. If you went ahead and high density zoned your entire city at once this will take a very, very long time.