• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Having major problems in installation.(i know i'm a idiot)

Started by Attila464, August 14, 2009, 07:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila464

I really don't know what im doing wrong. I have read the readme and the manual multiple times, i have no conflicting mods as i have deleted all that do. I have run Cleanitol and it has come up good with those files deleted. I can open and run the game but i can't seem to get any difference what so ever.  Is there anything i may have missed during installation? Do i have to get custom buildings for the CAM to work at the later stages?
EDIT: The Transportation is working i have seen a radical change in traffic volume. So that is working.

tag_one

You're not doing anything wrong. The CAM is mainly a plugin which allows you to grow bigger buildings in a more realistic way. It's not the kind of mod that changes a lot of visible things in SC4, like for example a terrain mod. The CAM only changes the way your city develops. It also changes some other values like the capacities of various transport networks.
I Hope this answered your question a bit :)

Attila464

The thing is ive been running my cities for about 30 minutes with the CAM on and i think i should have seen some new development in buildings. The reason i think i should be developing new buildings is because i had hit the cap of current buildings stages and my city had been that way for a while. So in 30 minutes i hoped that i would see a sign that the CAM was working.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled all texture prop packs i had and Cleanitol is telling me im up to date except for rail yards which i don't feel like downloading. because simtropolis is very,very slow on downloads for me.

k808j

The CAM depends on the regional population also, so that may have to increase. And is that 30 min on turtle or cheetah speed?

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

Attila464

Cheetah of course and my regional population is about 3 mil all the cities are connected to each other. I read in the readme that you may have to start a new region/city to have it work correctly could this be why?

choco

you can artificially spur growth by using the god mode trees on zoned lots to raise the desirability of the land, thus making lagrer stages grow much faster.  i would suggest saving the game after doing this, as i could lead to abandonment issues later on.

tag_one

If you reached some demand caps you should build some rewards or parks. Also keep in mind to build enough commercial and industrial zones ;)

Attila464

I think i have found the problem. BSC essentials refuses to install. When i check it with the Cleanitol text in the dependencies sticky that appears not to be there even though the files are in place and i have installed the 2 previous packs that are needed for it. Im starting to get very confused with all this dependency business even though ive stayed organized

***********EDIT*********
After deleting my whole plugins folder. (mind you i had all the files in it backed up in a .Zip Archive) and reinstalling everything. The CAM works perfectly.

Great mod adds so much to the game.