• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Warsaw, Poland

Started by warszawa, April 21, 2008, 04:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warszawa

REPLIES

sauron620 - Hey, Im really glad that you liked that update! It is one of my favourites updates that I have shown.
bat - Cheers! I love photo editing; its quite fun actually when you get the hang of it. Thanks for the nice comment.
kbieniu7 - Is the Parliamentary buildings the Sejm of the Republic of Poland that you were thinking?
callbat - It was a real shame that the Palace was destroyed. Actually, the architects in Warsaw at the moment are thinking of rebulding the Saxon Palace in the exact posistion it was in 70 years ago. Thanks very much for that kind comment mate.
Pat - Glad to hear it :D Thanks very much for an enthusiastic comment as always mate.

UPDATE 4

Name of Update = Flats Districts
Location = Downtown Warsaw
Date = 1925
Population = 1.1 million

Warsaw has historically been a destination of internal and foreign immigration, especially from Eastern Europe. For nearly 300 years it was known as the Paris of Eastern Europe. Demographically it was the most diverse city in Poland, with as much as 20% of its population being either Jewish Poles or foreign born.

World War II changed all of this, and to this day there is much less ethnic diversity than in the previous 300 years of the city's history. Most of the modern day population growth is based on internal migration and urbanization.

Please comment! :D
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

sauron620

great suburbs.  :thumbsup: I enjoy especially the third picture

tankmank

very nice updates and i am enjoying these updates

Nardo69

Nice updates, and making them b/w giving them a special touch!  :thumbsup:

I just have a problem with the railway (well, that's where I am really picky, you know ... ;) ) - I think you used railway as tramway - but why do you use the GLR there? I don't think that the PKP before the wall didn't put their railway on dams or made them sunken to avoid those numerous level crossing in dense urban ares ...

Take care and don't forget to make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

I think you should place more trees between flats.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

callbat

ooh I do hope they rebuild it.

Very nice update  :thumbsup:, although I must agree with Bernhard on the rails 
  ::)

cheers mate

warszawa

Replies

sauron620 - Thanks! Although I am basically only showing the inner city areas, I guess that the pictures show that they are likely to be the suburbs so yeah... lol. Glad you liked the update.
tankmank - Im really glad that you are liking this CJ. I have plently of updates to keep you entertained! :D
Nardo69 - I really like photo editing - it really brings out the realism. I have to admit - yes - I did use the rail way instead of tram way. You see, when I started building Warsaw, I didn't have the GLR downloaded at the time, and I had already shown updates with out it... After the WW2, I will definately use GLR. Thanks for a nice comment.
kbieniu7 - You are very right actually, I will definately put that into consideration when Im making the 'flats' districts :)
callbat - Yes - I will continue to show more updates until we reach the WW2. From there, I will show you the rebuilding of the capital and how it got back to life again. Yes, I will use GLR when construction after the war takes place. Glad you liked it! :D

UPDATE 5

Name of Update = Prudential Building
Date = 1929
Population = 1.2 million

During the period of 1918, after Poland regained her importance, Warsaw was in a difficult position. The city had fallen into decline during the chaos of the war years. The first half of the 1920's, there was virtually no new construction. Building activity picked up in the second half of the decade, only to come to a halt after the Wall Street crash in 1929, when economic crisis set in. Yet it was during the brief period that monumental government offices were built, the steel frame of the Prudential Building - the tallest skyscraper in pre-war Poland - became a fixture on the Warsaw skyline...

Please Comment! :P

Pat

No I don't want to lol  :D  Of course you know I will comment here Warszawa and you are doing a wonderful job and I love the feel of the historic pics!!!!!  See you next update...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

callbat

Again, nice pictures. As pat said I love the historic feel. One thing that keeps bugging me is that there aren't any cars on the roads but oh well  :P

tcx

your pics are amazing, and I like your city  &apls &apls

thundercrack83

Hello, warszawa!

You've got a wonderful MD here, my friend. I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to come here and comment! I love the historical feel to all your pictures, and I can't wait to continue following along with you as you present your work here.

Take care!

Dustin

warszawa

REPLIES

Pat - Bat! Oh sorry, Pat! Great to hear from you again matey. Hope all has been well. Glad you liked the update. Next update is here - hope you are here! :P
callbat - Totally pleased to hear that you liked the update. If you look really closely, there are actually quite a few cars..., but yeh, you may be right, there might not be that many cars. Hope to see you again.
tcx - Cheers! You will see more of the city in the next ten updates alot! :D Really glad to meet you.
thundercrack83 - Thanks so much for that wonderful compliment mate, I am really glad to see and hear that you like Warsaw :). I will definately continue this MD here. Take care too.

UPDATE 6

Name of Update = Ostrogski Palace
Date = 1929
Population = 1.2 million

Ostrogski Palace/Ostrogski Castle is a large manor in the city centre of Warsaw, at Tamka Street. Started by the mighty Ostrogski family who gave the name to the building, it currently houses the Frederic Chopin Society.

Pat

Woooot a grand update here indeed Warszawa!!!  I truly enjoyed the plaza there you have created!!! Cant wait till the next update!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kbieniu7

Hmmm... I think this path looks strange  :P
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

warszawa

REPLIES

Pat - Glad to see you once again Pat. Really impressed that you liked the update! :D
Kbieniu7 - The path that circles the Palace? How do you mean it is strange?

UPDATE 7

Name of Update = Parks and Recreation in Warsaw
Date = 1930
Population = 1.2 million

There were many beautiful, popular parks dotted in pre-war Warsaw. Pictures shown below are various shots in around the city centre.

Nardo69

Wonderful b/w pictures my friend!

Anything fits together, old and new. I even got myself a bit used to that railway as tramway (even though I still don't like it ... )

Take care and don't forget to make backups

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

sauron620

oh! I missed three updates!
1st update: Stalinist's buildings integrate very well with the city.
2nd: the park is very good  :thumbsup:, but the parks you put are the same, and in my opinion i has not a good effect.
3rd: very realistic  &apls

paroch

Hi there,

You have an interesting MD here.  I'm not 100% sure that the black and white pics are to my taste, but I understand why you do it.  The sepia/brown toned pic is much more to my liking  :) .  Love the blocks of flats in the update 7 - great district there.  And the traffic jams on the streets add realism to your city.

It would be nice to see an overview to understand how it all fits together.

One suggestion - get rid of the arrows on the one-way streets, it will make them look much better.

I'll make sure I check in again.

Pat

Very Nice here Warszawa and I love the soccer fields area!!! Looking good here and will see you next update!!

sebes

Very nice shots of a pre-war Warzawa my friend... very nice. I love it that you use the black-white pictures, it makes exactly this MD outstanding from others.

Indeed as above mentioned by Paul, you should use the mod that reduced the one-way arrows. (Compare my city via the link in my signature: almost all roads that you see in the center are one-ways, but you hardly see arrows.)

And I think you should not remove the catenaries on the rail/tram track...they look to big and make to big black spots in the black&white pictures...

Your housing choise is however compensating for all the above - so if you keep all as it is now, it are still wonderfull pleasant pictures... :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN