• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Warsaw, Poland

Started by warszawa, April 21, 2008, 04:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warszawa

REPLIES

bat:) Very pleased to hear that you like the update, the updates are going to change a bit now, you'll wait and see.
tcx - Thanks a kind comment, It does indeed look like a big diagonal BAT.
Q-Tips - Thoroughly glad that you liked the update. Yes, I do have to agree with you about the arrows ruining the pictures mood, but they wont be there for much longer.
Shadow Assassin - Don't worry, I will do that soon and no, I don't use the LOT editor for the BATs. I might just try it one day. Thanks :).
Pat - Patrick! Good to see you again mate, you are so funny :D. Hope you like this update.

UPDATE 11

Name of Update = City before WW2
Location = Srodmiescie
Date = 1938
Population = 1.2 million

The Jewish population of Warsaw is 270,000 or about a third of the city's inhabitants. Freed in 1918 from the yoke of the partitioning powers, Warsaw has become a vibrant metropolis, where the arts and innovation flourish and where the Jewish intelligentsia forms an intrinsic and vital part of the avant-garde. At the same time, Warsaw is also, to a large extent, a bilingual city where knowledge of Yiddish, the language spoken by East European Jews, is sufficient to allow one to shop, study, work and enjoy the theater. In short, it is a center of both Polish and Jewish culture.

Comments and critism always appreciated! :D
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

paroch

The black and white pics coupled with the "grainy" look are very effective.  And your placement of the W2W is  very good indeed.

bat

Yes, it's a wonderful update with fantastic new "historical" pictures there!! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more...

thundercrack83

Another great update, my friend! The black and white pictures really add to the feel of your MD, I must say!

Keep up the good work!

Simpson

Warsaw looking great my friend  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

warszawa

REPLIES

paroch - Thanks once again mate, I quite like the grainy effects on the black and white pictures, makes it feel 'older'. I enjoyed seeing all the W2W BATs together, see you again mate.
bat - More is definately coming in the week I can assure you! :) Thanks for a wonderul compliment.
thundercrack83 - Cheers again my friend, I try my best at photo editing - some pictures come out better than others and some don't... I will try and keep up the good work, come again.
Simpson - Thanks you very much. Hopefully the new Warsaw will be even better! :)

UPDATE 12

Name of Update = City overviews before war
Location = Warsaw
Date = 1939
Population = 1.3 million

Take one last look at Warsaw before the outbreak of WW2...  ()sad()

Comments always appreciated! :D

Q-Tips

Ooooh... WW2!!! Will we see the jewish getho's?
From your pictures i already had this spooky feeling about somethings about to come. Great job on the city. Looking forward for more.

tcx

another great update, you are a master in doing w2w developments  &apls

bat

Your Warsaw is looking very good! Fantastic work on it!

And looking forward to the update of the outbreak of WW2! ;)

sebes

Just in time that I be here again - I had no idea it had been 2 weeks since last time, and what a great updates I missed. The W2W streets are just gorgeous, and a joy too look at. I can already start crying thinking what will happen with these beauties in the next couple of updates....

I will be away for the next two weeks, but am anxious to find out how post-WW2 Warzawa will look like in your MD!

Keep up the good work my friend.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

sauron620

nice job! the suburbs seem realistic!  :thumbsup:

Simpson

Hello my friend,

Warsaw is very good
I love your work continu  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Pat

Alex I cant believe it that I missed an update here geeezzzs whats wrong with me tsk tsk tsk..... Anyways the previous update was really good and I liked the use of the W2W and the Diagonals!!! With this update # 12 I truly enjoyed the plaza's and the roundabouts as well!!! I dare hate to see how WW2 effects your city and the Nazi outbreak if any...  Till the next update M8!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rushman5

Oooo, please make WWII efects worth seeing.  I am looking forward to them considering your already impressive pre WWII pictures

kimcar

Shame on me that i never came here before. I very impress by the quality of yours pics , even if they are in black and white. They are great one and the layout of Warsaw is very well done  &apls &apls Looking forward

rhythmandjays

I just noticed you have an MD yourself  :thumbsup: Very creative choice choosing Warsaw and the time to start your updates start. Can't wait to see what you have in store for this MD  ;D

warszawa

REPLIES

Q-Tips - Hey! You might just get to see some of the ghettos, so keep your eyes peeled! :) Thanks very much for a lovely comment.
tcx - Thanks, I try to get all the W2W buildings at the same height and size. But i'm glad it has paid off.
bat - Cheers matey for your continous support on this MD.
sebes - Hey mate, hope you have a good 2 weeks away from the site. I loved making the W2W developments, I hope you will be back soon. Take care.
sauron620 - Thanks for that short enthusiastic comment!
Simpson - Heya Simpson, thanks for your kinds words.
Pat - Yo mate! You haven't missed that much my friend, hope you like this update. Take care and see you on msn soon mate.
rushman5 - I hope the effects are worth seeing my friend, glad you liked my work.
kimcar - Ha ha, but thanks very much for commenting here kimcar. Pleased to hear that you like Warsaw.
rhythmandjays - Yep - I do, welcome to Warsaw my friend. I personally think that Warsaw has such fine architecture and is one of the most beautiful cities in Poland. Come again.

UPDATE 13
The War

Comments/critism always appreciated, Alex :thumbsup:
[/color]

rushman5

Holy crap, what a disaster! Well executed Warszawa.  Are we going to see sephia and mature color tones during the rebuild?  I can't wait!!!

kimcar

Unfortunately war exist  :'(. But you do a great exemple of what happen when this comming. can`t wait for the revive of Warsaw  ;) Great pics again mate  &apls &apls

rooker1

Those are some great explosions.  I hope the city can come back better than ever.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.