• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Some modern bats

Started by museeater, March 26, 2013, 11:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

museeater

Ok, I was little bit fed up with atmosphere on polish forum, so decided to pack my belongings and have my own showcase here. I am not advance batter, as I have problems with correct perspective, floor heights, roofs etc. but for my cities, those buildings are fine :) some are downloadable from simtropolis and simcitypolska.

1. World Port Center - the building I am quite proud of, someone requested it and I gave it a try, somehow there are some slight differences between real one and the one made by me, but I still like it :) This is the first building I have made from the wonderful city of Rotterdam :)

2. The wall of one of Rotterdam's highrises, works in progress

3. OT Theatre from Rotterdam too, the one is finished (it's like 80% progress photo), but during exporting it, I have spotted some glitches on textures, and also something had impact on glass transparency, so it's to re-texture I think.

4. Buliding of "City Project" from Poznan, Poland. This style is my favourite in architecture and in modelling (guess why? :P). Finished - download at simcitypolska

5. Kamienica from Torun, Rynek Nowomiejski 26. Well, Torun is my favourite polish city, I was living there for six years, and the old town of Torun is just one of a kind, so it was obvious decision that I have to make something from my town :) I heard that it looks like there are no textures on it, but building was refurbished and plaster on its front wall looks just like that. (the ultimate version of course has chimneys :P, photo is from the moddeling phase :P)

6. Polish car workshop

Here's a link to album which contains almost all of my bats:
http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/bimboDCM/library/baty?page=1

Greets, and I will show something more soon :)

Oh, and I forgot about hotel that I have already finished (the ultimate version has a different roof texture and of course has some roof junk :P)

rooker1

Very interesting start here and we are very glad to have you.

Please remember no negative comments here about any other site, please.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

vortext

There's some interesting stuff in your album, the small w2ws and diagonal church for example. Though imho almost all textures need a little more attention. That said, I'll be following this thread with interest!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

museeater

Quote from: vortext on March 26, 2013, 12:55:31 PM
There's some interesting stuff in your album, the small w2ws and diagonal church for example. Though imho almost all textures need a little more attention. That said, I'll be following this thread with interest!  :thumbsup:
Honestly, I am little bit impatient when it comes to finish the buildings, because i can't wait to see the results, as well as I am little bit mad when I have to wait for export to be over :) Also I was always weak in all those art related tasks, so I am quite happy that my buildings aren't only cubes with holes for windows :) I promise that I will try do my best and listen to your advices which may be really helpful :)

FrankU

Wow, this is really an entry!
Good work.
My opinion might be influenced by the fact that you did some serious Rotterdam buildings. The World Port Center (Norman Foster, if I am correct) is nice and the second image with the facade of the Marconiplein complex (Skidmore, Owings, Merril) is definitely a must for every Rotterdam lookalike city!
And the others look good too!

Let me finish with where I should have started: Welcome aboard!