• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BATs by antn.

Started by antn, March 09, 2008, 12:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antn

Quote from: Aaron Graham on April 22, 2011, 07:01:58 PM
Great Job!!!! glad to see someone working on NYC buildings.  :thumbsup:  &apls

Thanks! Seems that I'm not the only one either.

Quote from: Lowkee33 on April 22, 2011, 07:59:59 PM
Sounds about right.  Google map.  As you zoom out you will see the scope of NYC.  Every one of these blocks has pretty much the same brownstone design, though lawn ornaments get more expensive to the west.

Ok, what wealth level do you think is appropriate for these, I'm thinking medium, but AFAIK it have been a rather poor neighborhood just a couple of decades ago. I'm not sure.

Quote from: supremec on April 23, 2011, 12:23:36 AM
I love the Hearst Tower, it's a very good start  &apls  &apls

Thank you, the Hearst Tower is a bit more complex project than the others I've shown, so it will be a while before that is finished, but I hope to get back to it soon, when I have finished one or two of the others.

Some progress on the Bronx Corner:

EDIT:Typo.

DaveN

Very great performance. Hurts a little in the eyes of the yellow color, but beyond that it is super. Bravo bravo and continued enthusiasm for the work I wish.  &apls

harishna

very interesting I like how you added rubbish and leaves collecting to the roof, but you may want to reduce the saturation a little bit, great work

peter007

Very nice building.
Just how it should be in NYC

-Ernst

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

Lowkee33

I would say the Bed-Stuy hoses are R$, especially the ones you have modeled.  Brown stones are somewhat old, and each one has it's own little details (such as a curved entryway, overhang, small things).  Your models are void of such details, so I picture them later development with the idea of housing a mass amount of people.  You could add such details, add greener props to the lot, and sure, R$$.  I don't think you are getting R$$$ in these models, but pretty much every brownstone is this shape.

If you used the texture you used on your dock, then I think that would be closer to R$

kapete

Quote from: Lowkee33 on April 26, 2011, 05:22:59 AM
I would say the Bed-Stuy hoses are R$, especially the ones you have modeled.  Brown stones are somewhat old, and each one has it's own little details (such as a curved entryway, overhang, small things).  Your models are void of such details, so I picture them later development with the idea of housing a mass amount of people.  You could add such details, add greener props to the lot, and sure, R$$.  I don't think you are getting R$$$ in these models, but pretty much every brownstone is this shape.

If you used the texture you used on your dock, then I think that would be closer to R$

I agree it should be R$ but a bit of green changes everything!

antn

Quote from: DaveN on April 24, 2011, 06:21:46 PM
Very great performance. Hurts a little in the eyes of the yellow color, but beyond that it is super. Bravo bravo and continued enthusiasm for the work I wish.  &apls
Thank you, I have reduced the saturation now, hope it is to your liking.
Quote from: harishna on April 25, 2011, 12:46:19 AM
very interesting I like how you added rubbish and leaves collecting to the roof, but you may want to reduce the saturation a little bit, great work
Thank you, and so I did.
Quote from: peter007 on April 25, 2011, 05:18:20 AM
Very nice building.
Just how it should be in NYC

-Ernst
Thanks for commenting!
Quote from: supremec on April 25, 2011, 11:10:46 AM
Very good work  &apls  &apls
Thank you!
Quote from: Lowkee33 on April 26, 2011, 05:22:59 AM

Ok, that sounds reasonable, I'll probably do both R$ and R$$ with the same buildings then. Hope to do some of the more ornate brownstones too later on.
Quote from: kapete on April 30, 2011, 10:47:26 AM
I agree it should be R$ but a bit of green changes everything!
Yes, some more greener lots for R$$ and more trash props on the R$ lots.

Some progress on my Bronx corner. I recon that I'm pretty much done here and could go on with making nightlights for it, what do you guys say?

Oh, here are the original building, you can see that I've taken some liberties in recreating it but much of it is true.
Google Maps
Bing Maps

antn

Sorry to double post but It's been a while and I got progress to show. The corner building is done and need only to be modded and lotted properly before I relase it.
Day render

Maxis Nite render

Darknite render

And a new project in the pipeline, can anyone tell what it is?

jmyers2043

Quote from: antn on May 25, 2011, 04:53:27 PM
Day render

Hey Antn

That is a very nice model. Great details like the fire escape and the retail on the ground floor.

The other model? don't know what it is but good luck with it.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

supremec

Good beginning of your new project  &apls

antn

Quote from: jmyers2043 on May 25, 2011, 04:58:57 PM
Hey Antn

That is a very nice model. Great details like the fire escape and the retail on the ground floor.

The other model? don't know what it is but good luck with it.

- Jim

Thanks! The other building is Plaza Hotel in NYC.

Quote from: supremec on May 27, 2011, 01:28:04 PM
Good beginning of your new project  &apls
Thank you!

A little side project I started to just for fun, a try at batting a Gulfstream G550.

supremec

io_bg

I like the corner building! As for that large one... I don't know what is it but I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it! The plane looks nice, too :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Girafe

Jet is fine, with the blueprints it's always better and batting becomes simple  ;D
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

Keep it up, you doing just great.  &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

peter007

It's a great plane. Better than mine.
but hey what do you expect from such a top Batter  :P

-Ernst

antn

supremec: Thank you!
io_bg: Thanks, the large one is Plaza Hotel in NYC.
Girafe: Thanks, yes blueprints comes really handy, most of the work is done as soon as you find a good set of them.
Aaron Graham: Thanks!
peter007: Thanks, but I'm not sure about that, I really like that WW2 fighter you've done.

A small update on the Plaza, progress on it is quite slow. Some missing faces, but please don't mind them.

And I want to announce that NYBT Mott Haven Corner is released.

Girafe

NYBT Mott Haven Corner is really well done, especially the lights  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

An awesome work, congrats!! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *