• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BATs by antn.

Started by antn, March 09, 2008, 12:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antn

Thanks DaveN. I have not yet reduced adjusted the colours to what I want but I still want to show you where I'm at with these houses.

And there's also a new project I'd like to show you, a residential building from Malmö.

jmyers2043

Nice progress shots. The roof is a bit bright but it seems from the (above) post that you will be doing some color adjustment. You can add some TV antennas or small satelitte dish. How about a flue for the chimney? Doesn't have to be fancy (like the picture) but the eye of the casual gamer will see something and know what the intention is.

At the top of this chimney is brick, concrete/mortar, and clay.

I have all sorts of things sticking out of my roof too. Static roof vents for letting hot air out of the atic during the hot summer months, vents for the furnace and hot water heater, and other pipe vents.

Good Luck

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

DaveN

Best set of houses. Ideally suited to the rural atmosphere. The block also looks great. I can not wait to see how you are ready and available for download. Great job. I cross my fingers.

vortext

OH wow!  :o

These little houses are beautiful! And diagonals too, just perfect!  &apls &apls

Are you still making any progress on them? And if you need help lotting I would be glad to lend a hand, I've also done Daven's houses (shown here).
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

antn

Oh, I've been neglecting this thread for too long, time to update. This is something I've been working on lately, 345 7th ave and is close to being finished. A few minor things and nightlights are left.

Vortext: I got to the point of exporting them, so six or seven or so of them are done, but it's is a really boring process to render multiple buildings like that so I kinda stopped.

DaveN

Another great building. How different from the previously shown little houses.

And here my question: If and when available a set of small houses and corner block shown in the previous update.

Once again, great job. Very well chosen colors and textures.

Best Regards
- Dave

vortext

Glad to see you're still active and what a great building.  &apls

As for the small houses, I can imagine it's a bit tedious to export a large set like that though rest assured it would be greatly appreciated if you continued!   :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird

Simcoug

Hi antn - I just stumbled onto your thread and I wanted to say that your 19th century house project is looking very cool.  I am eagerly awaiting their release.  Keep up the great work.  :thumbsup:

Flatron

I really love your 19th ctry. swedish houses!(could use them a lot ;))

cogeo

It's really very good!!!

A couple of qustions:
- Is it a CO$$ or a CO$$$?
- How big is the model? I'm considering lotting possibilities, as well as proper modding so as to integrate it well with the Maxis stuff,

antn

DaveN, vortext, SimCoug, Flatron: Thank you guys, I don't know how long it will take until I get back to the houses, but as there seem to be some interest in them I uploaded what I have so far, be aware that this is WIP so everything might not be in the right place and it's not very ordered, both Darknite and Maxis night are included. the files. And DaveN, the corner blocks are available on the STEX here.

Cogeo: I am planning for a CO$$ 2 tile wide W2W lot, the building is 32 m wide, 23.5m deep and after the 133% vertical scaling, (as depicted in the pics) it's around 125m. So it'll be around the size of the Maxis CO$$ buildings, narrower than the buildings of its height. I don't think it will be suitable to compete with any of the Maxis lots with buildings of similar size as it need its W2W neighbouring buildings.

Swordmaster

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing them in my city (though that may be a while).

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Great looking building  &apls  I also particularly like that Malmo residential building--I'd love to have more choices with that Scandinavian look.

Flatron

DaveN

Quote from: antn on October 21, 2012, 02:14:44 PM
DaveN:...I don't know how long it will take until I get back to the houses, but as there seem to be some interest in them I uploaded what I have so far, be aware that this is WIP so everything might not be in the right place and it's not very ordered, both Darknite and Maxis night are included. the files. And the corner blocks are available on the STEX here.

Thanks a lot for Your great job. I have the block from STEX now, but the link for hus.rar file is corrupt.

I'm waiting for Your another great buildings.

Aaron Graham

Anotn what is the link for again, is it something new, I'm not sure what's going on.  ()what()
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

vortext

Link works fine for me, thanks for sharing!  :thumbsup:

Though frankly, I have to say I don't care as much for alternative orientations than I do for building variaty. So why not stick to orthogonal and diagonal, might be easier with regard to rendering and exporting. That said, I will put these to good use, thanks again!
time flies like a bird

antn

Thanks folks! :)
DaveN: I think the link is alright, seem to work for the others.
Aaron Graham: The link is to some of my Swedish houses, the one's that have been exported so far.
vortext: Maybe your right, at least I can export them in that order, to get variaty first, and after that the different orientations, as I want it that way when I get back to playing on my Swedish style cities.

So, I've finished the day scene for 345 7th Avenue, and the night scene is close to completion too. What do you think?

Aaron Graham

The night lights looks fantastic!!! :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

art128

Awesome!

Did you actually modeled the base of the building ? ( inside the bay windows)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog