• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Carny on April 03, 2013, 07:40:40 AM
just a technical question: should be possible to have an additional extended (and i think more realistic) transition L0-L2 for RHW-4/MIS (or a flexible one) in the NAM 31.1?

It's pretty much already there already, but it's... Horribly broken...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Carny

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on April 03, 2013, 07:53:51 AM

It's pretty much already there already, but it's... Horribly broken...

Hi GDO29Anagram, sorry for my poor english but i'm not sure if i understood correctly what you mean.
Do you mean you already created that transition but you need to make it functional?

jdenm8

The transition is there, it's the L0 - L2 Flex one. The problem is that only RHW-2 works properly with it in NAM30.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Strife

hi guys, im experiencing a small problem here while making a T interchange, following the instructions from here http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6843.msg362557#msg362557 "Section 14.1: Standard Directional-T Interchange"

when im dragging an orthogonal RHW-4 under an elevated diagonal RHW-4 the bridge of the elevated RHW-4 gets destroyed and sometimes the network becomes a normal RHW-2:

also happens when i try to drag the elevated RHW-4 first, or when i drag a diagonal ground lvl RHW under an orthogonal elevated RHW-4, like when trying to connect those in the yellow lines, i tried for many hours to do that interchange but after many tries i gave up, maybe im doing something wrong or is it a bug with the NAM 31?

EDIT: here is another pic

Barendz

The concrete barrier between the lanes of 6c and 8c highways is missing in my game, as well as the concrete sides of the lanes. I have the latest version of the NAM and no prior installation of the RHW mod. I've searched for other solutions but couldn't find anything. Anybody know what might cause this? Thanks!

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Barendz on April 04, 2013, 10:46:54 AM
The concrete barrier between the lanes of 6c and 8c highways is missing in my game, as well as the concrete sides of the lanes. I have the latest version of the NAM and no prior installation of the RHW mod. I've searched for other solutions but couldn't find anything. Anybody know what might cause this? Thanks!

I have that too, it's a bug and I'm pretty sure they've addressed it.

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Gugu3

WOW!!!Shadow Assasin waht's that weaving road in the middle of the fields??? &apls

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions

noahclem

MandelSoft

Ah, great stuff from the land of FAR, FARHW away :D
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Are these smooth FARHW curves? They look awesome!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metarvo

That looks like... FA2RHW-2.  I already have a place picked out for it.  ;D  Good job!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Wiimeiser

I assume you found a draggable workaround? Autoconnect shouldn't interfere with that footprint?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Shadow Assassin

It's FLEX-based, so you plop the curves and then drag the FA sections out. It's a hybrid approach but it's one that's stable without any Autoconnect interference. Autoconnect won't kick in on Flex-based pieces unless you really try hard, and it's quite rock-solid.

You can plop two curves adjacent to each other, and Autoconnect won't care. It'll try and connect parts of the (draggable) FA segments if they're adjacent to each other, but there's additional RUL2 code in there that accounts for that, so you can drag out a dual carriageway without worrying about Autoconnect.

It requires a hell of a lot of RUL2 code, though, when the override networks are being done. Not too bad for just straight FA RHW-2 though.
New Horizons Productions

chosenreject

Im not sure if this is a bug or i am just not doing it right. I am trying to make ultra compact embankment overpasses that are demonstrated on page 53 of the RHW guide. To be more specific, i am trying to make a L1 rhw8s over a road using the setup shown in the guide but i just cannot get it to work. when i delete the stub piece using the rail the bridge will not build over the road that i lay down, instead i get a L0 rhw2 intersection with the road. I will make pics if you need them, thanks.

vinlabsc3k

WOW SA!!!! u r amazing! :thumbsup:
FlexDrag FARHW, it that was missing!! &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

dragonshardz

So...I have absolutely no clue how to drag the 6S bridges that use the MHW, and the readme does a rather poor job of explaining their use. Can someone just give me a really quick tutorial on their use?

I ask because I think I may not have installed the bridges at all/properly since no RHW bridges save those built by the RHW network itself are showing in my bridge dialogs.

Phlogiston

Kuewr665

Quote from: dragonshardz on April 09, 2013, 07:06:31 PM
So...I have absolutely no clue how to drag the 6S bridges that use the MHW, and the readme does a rather poor job of explaining their use. Can someone just give me a really quick tutorial on their use?

I ask because I think I may not have installed the bridges at all/properly since no RHW bridges save those built by the RHW network itself are showing in my bridge dialogs.

You build the bridge using MHW, demolish all but one tile of MHW to the bridge, then connect it with RHW. Currently, there is a bug that reverts the RHW going onto the bridge to an RHW-2.