• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

Well, you should see our drivers when an imbecile in a Ute goes 45o (at 110km/h) across 4 lanes of motorway (cutting off traffic in every lane because *he's coming from the far right lane) because he* nearly misses the exit.

*he only applies to utes. Females do the same an various models of Toyota Sedan or Hatchback or a Nissan Altima/Pulsar.

Or maybe when someone in a Mercedes SLK (any of them) comes charging up the central lane at 130kmh.
Or when that damn Prius driver goes a million miles an hour to overtake you then slows right down to 20km/h under the speed limit once they get past.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

travismking

see here in the states 95% of the time its a woman doing something stupid like this, if men are going to hit something they are going to hit something hard, women cause fender benders... this is why men pay more for insurance :p

Hadrean2

Quote from: emgmod on August 15, 2010, 04:37:35 PM
Ignore the fact that there's zero eyecandy. This is an interchange based on one in San Diego, made hours before the release of NAM 29.

Click for full size!

Which interchange is it based off of exactly? I live in SD, and I feel like I've seen it, but I'm not really sure

CraigKingOfIreland

A partial cloverleaf interchange (:

smileymk

Quote from: CraigKingOfIreland on August 16, 2010, 07:23:07 AM
A partial cloverleaf interchange (:

Actually it's a cloverstack or a partially unrolled cloverleaf (they're 2 different names for the same interchange). Sorry to rain on your parade.

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

Haljackey

Quote from: smileymk on August 16, 2010, 08:10:11 AM
Actually it's a cloverstack or a partially unrolled cloverleaf (they're 2 different names for the same interchange). Sorry to rain on your parade.

Actually Craig has something called a clover-turbine, but it also can be called a partial-cloverleaf. The two inner ramps that don't loop around have to fly over or under the centre of the interchange in order for it to be a clover-stack, whereas in a clover-turbine they connect away from the centre like Craig's creation.

Here's my example of a clover-stack for a comparison:
(Click for full resolution)

Nego

That's a nice iterchange you've got there, CraigKingOfIreland. It looks really great! Nice job.

seminole_fan93

Here's a trumpet-diamond combo interchange (I don't know the technical term, or if it even has one).
I left it incomplete because this was just a test city.

The trumpet part

The diamond part

EDIT: I just realized that there are two places in the last image that has RHW-2. Forgot to put RHW-4 diagonal filler pieces there.
Check out my MD - United Okaloosa Constituencies -Updated 6/13/2010 - Roadgeekery + Map!

The weather forecast for today is a morning blizzard, followed by extreme heat with a lot of rain. Tonight, you can expect excruciating cold and wind. Have fun :D

travismking

looks good, but you have to go through a traffic light to go from one highway to the other which is not very realistic

CraigKingOfIreland

Another two (:

Nego

I just want to note that, CraigKingOfIreland, your first interchange doesn't seem to make any sence. ()what()

Whoo-hoo! Just realized that I am now a Forums Mayor!

Jayster

Craig: yah, your first one has some minor problems, you might want to recheck the looping exits, they should both pass over the highway and up in the spot where the other hooked up, hopefully that made sense. Just trying to be helpful  :thumbsup:

CraigKingOfIreland

Quote from: Nego on August 16, 2010, 12:45:13 PM
I just want to note that, CraigKingOfIreland, your first interchange doesn't seem to make any sence. ()what()

Whoops :D ...Fixed it ;)

Jayster

Not really sure if this counts as an intersection...

It's the middle section of an underwater tunnel that takes you across the river and into the CBD. It is sort of like a vent area I guess. Hope you enjoy.

icfan

Here are mine:

This is where I 493 Splits with US 29 and US 29 joins US 29 BUS.  I 493 Ends at the Airport (at the left).

This is where I 93 Intersects with US 29 BUS, I 493/US 29. I 93 Eastbound has 4 "Exits", Westbound has 3 "Exits"

darraghf

The ideas behind those interchanges are good icfan, but I really do think you need to get a slope mod. Those slopes are just way too unrealistic.

And Haljackey, that cloverstack is sexy :P
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Nego

Quote from: Jayster on August 16, 2010, 02:36:04 PM
Not really sure if this counts as an intersection...

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b459/ThisIsMyLastAccount/General%20Shots/5.jpg

It's the middle section of an underwater tunnel that takes you across the river and into the CBD. It is sort of like a vent area I guess. Hope you enjoy.

While it may not count as an intersection, it still looks great! I honestly think that you should enter it into the SC4 Picture Competition.

Quote from: icfan on August 16, 2010, 02:49:36 PM
Here are mine:

This is where I 493 Splits with US 29 and US 29 joins US 29 BUS.  I 493 Ends at the Airport (at the left).
http://photoshack.com/albums/userpics/27119/Litchfield_County-Jul__10%2C_031281992060.png

This is where I 93 Intersects with US 29 BUS, I 493/US 29. I 93 Eastbound has 4 "Exits", Westbound has 3 "Exits"
http://photoshack.com/albums/userpics/27119/Litchfield_County-Jul__10%2C_031281992242.png

Your interchanges look very nice, but it would also be nice if you label your roads and highways so we can understand a little better what you're talking about, like this:

Also, I'm sorry if I labeled your roads wrong.

icfan

Your interchanges look very nice, but it would also be nice if you label your roads and highways so we can understand a little better what you're talking about, like this:

Also, I'm sorry if I labeled your roads wrong.
[/quote]

No you did it perfect and thanks, I was thinking about that.

j-dub

Is this even real, I mean these numbers?

icfan

I 493 can be seen in MA, it goes from the Cap to the NH Border, and 29 is probably out there idk if its a US, I made it US in my city area.

Edit: Its not 493, its 495.