• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nego

That's a very nice interchange you've got there, doctor25. :thumbsup: I believe that's called a turbine interchange.

Haljackey

Quote from: Nego on September 14, 2010, 06:20:24 PM
That's a very nice interchange you've got there, doctor25. :thumbsup:

I've got to agree. That's the best use of the new 90 degree ground-to-elevated MIS piece I've seen so far. The result is a compact, yet realistic-looking junction. Nice work!  &apls

samerton

I've gotta agree with the above comments.. it's truely superb!

MattyFo

I just spent the last little while checking out the first few pages of this thread.  It's amazing how for we have come along here.  :D

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

doctor25

Nexis4Jersey

Here's some of my recent ones

Andreas

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on September 15, 2010, 04:54:46 PM
Here's some of my recent ones sorry there PNG's , i had no time to convert them...

It takes five seconds to convert them, probably faster than the additional time they need for uploading...
Andreas

Nexis4Jersey

Quote from: Andreas on September 15, 2010, 05:22:27 PM
It takes five seconds to convert them, probably faster than the additional time they need for uploading...

In this Region 5 seconds is alot , it takes me 1 min to convert each one thanks to vista. 

Haljackey

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on September 15, 2010, 08:10:04 PM
In this Region 5 seconds is alot , it takes me 1 min to convert each one thanks to vista. 

I use a program called "Irfanview" (which Andreas recommended to me way back in the day). It's free and can both convert your pictures to JPG and resize your images in less than 5 seconds, even on Vista!

Andreas

Even better yet, if you use the built-in screenshot function, you just have to press a hotkey while in SimCity, and the screenshot is saved as JPG (or whatever format you want) in a predefined folder on your HD automatically. :)
Andreas

MattyFo

Quote from: Andreas on September 16, 2010, 02:53:53 AM
Even better yet, if you use the built-in screenshot function, you just have to press a hotkey while in SimCity, and the screenshot is saved as JPG (or whatever format you want) in a predefined folder on your HD automatically. :)

Do you know what the hotkey is, i've looked through the manual and didn't see what it could be?

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

jdenm8

Well, the built-in SC4 one is Ctrl-Shift-S but to my knowledge, it only saves in PNG.
I think they might be talking about Irfanview.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

travismking

I use fraps for both video and screens, one button (i use the pause/break button) and it takes a screen and saves it in the fraps folder in jpeg format

Haljackey

Quote from: travismking on September 16, 2010, 06:40:21 PM
I use fraps for both video and screens, one button (i use the pause/break button) and it takes a screen and saves it in the fraps folder in jpeg format

I also use Fraps, but only for video, Irfanview for photos.

Anyways let's get back on topic and show some more intersections!

Squeezed in some TULEPs in here to add capacity to the intersection. Should help traffic movements a bit.

A zoom-in of the Maxis T-interchange which is a part of the mammoth junction I posted on the previous page.

And lastly, a view of that mammoth junction from the side.
(I was still tweaking it when this photo was taken)

Click here for full size if you want.

GDO29Anagram

It's about time someone got the show back on the road (Pun WAS intended...). I thought I was gonna have to do it myself... Oh well...

Referring to your third image,...

Holy monstrosity, Hal, what a monstrosity... What questions me is the MIS connecting from the roundabout to the Maxis highway; Beyond the roundabout, it's one lane, then two (RHW-4, which is needed to transition into the Maxis Highway, which best explains the purpose), then three (on the Maxis Highway...)...

Oh wait, I spy with my little eye... The rainbow trucks again... Still haven't found the problem/missing file...? (I was gonna say rush-hour rainbow trucks, but it wouldn't make sense, since it's a mod, not a Rush-Hour feature...)

And on the bottom left corner, I see you transition from RHW-6S to RHW 6C, before using the RHW-8S to RHW 6C transition/C type ramp. This is the point in time where I would emphasise the fact that RHW-8S needs C/D ramps, but that's something for the RHW thread. Well, you gotta make do with what's given, I guess...

Anyway the turning lane setup in the first picture is rather nice, especially with that modded AVE to road transition...

(Yeah I'm a critic... Maybe a little overcritical...  :-[ )

Anyway I wanna show a few pictures of a seven-way interchange that I've been working on in my spare time for the past week or so... (Which were converted into JPG via Paint.NET... How un-conformative...)

I wish I could make them bigger; Any bigger, and I'll end up showing the yellow pause thingamadoohickey... I gotta break away from using 800 X 600 images and use 1024 X 768; 800 X 600 is far too small for me...

I just experiment with RHW, mind you... And it's fun.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Andreas

Quote from: MattyFo on September 16, 2010, 12:56:57 PM
Do you know what the hotkey is, i've looked through the manual and didn't see what it could be?

You can define the hotkey yourself in IrfanView, I always used F11, which worked fine for me. :)
Andreas

cubby420

GDO29Anagram...  :o  :o

That is may be the finest, smoothest, most realistic interchange I have seen...like...ever. Just great. I would really like to see this with some development and cleaning up; perhaps some signs and lights and trees and the such.  :thumbsup:

Haljackey

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 16, 2010, 09:14:44 PM
Holy monstrosity, Hal, what a monstrosity... What questions me is the MIS connecting from the roundabout to the Maxis highway; Beyond the roundabout, it's one lane, then two (RHW-4, which is needed to transition into the Maxis Highway, which best explains the purpose), then three (on the Maxis Highway...)...

That MIS is there because I couldn't construct a RHW-4 and fit in the connections with the space I had. Plus, adding another lane would create weaving between the loop ramp and the junction where the RHW meets the ground highway. I still think it looks ok though.

QuoteOh wait, I spy with my little eye... The rainbow trucks again... Still haven't found the problem/missing file...? (I was gonna say rush-hour rainbow trucks, but it wouldn't make sense, since it's a mod, not a Rush-Hour feature...)

Yeah, yeah. I haven't figured out what's causing that.

QuoteAnd on the bottom left corner, I see you transition from RHW-6S to RHW 6C, before using the RHW-8S to RHW 6C transition/C type ramp. This is the point in time where I would emphasise the fact that RHW-8S needs C/D ramps, but that's something for the RHW thread. Well, you gotta make do with what's given, I guess...

I have since fixed up that transition (I noted it was an older photo). I am not quite sure what you're asking here. I you want C/D ramps for the RHW-6, you can just make them to the side? Or are you asking about something similar to the RHW-4 type "C" ramps for the RHW-6S?

Nexis4Jersey

Heres a Half Diamond i made yesterday.