• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

jacksunny

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on April 12, 2011, 03:57:54 PM
@Exla357: The slip lanes ARE functional. There's a fix for the slip lanes on the TuLEPs thread at the end of Tarkus's sticky post. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=8460.480

Thanks!!! Great intersections everyone!!!

Risu

Quote from: Haljackey on April 18, 2011, 03:08:17 PM

I'm terrible. :P
How does that even work? Does it even work? I dunno, I'm too lazy to track it. /wrrd%&

Still, awesome nonetheless.

Haljackey

Quote from: SimRisu on April 18, 2011, 04:07:14 PM
How does that even work? Does it even work? I dunno, I'm too lazy to track it. /wrrd%&

Still, awesome nonetheless.

Sigh. I did make a connecting pic a while ago. Excuse the reposting.

In fact, I'll just make it an external link: http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9561/witburgapr2818012840782.jpg

(It's rotated from the pic above to make north face upwards.)

Yellow- north connections
Red- south connections
Orange- east connections
Blue- west connections
White- local connections
Dotted white- Proposed additional local connections within the right of way.

GDO29Anagram

@SimRisu: A motorist monstrosity like that would be best described as being a Spaghetti Interchange. If anyone is gonna make a Mario reference, hold that off for now.

Ryan's looks too organised to look like lunch; I see a bunch of clover-loops and a roundabout. Besides, if you were to judge this interchange by its capability of just interchanging traffic between the two highways, it works.

Even better: He got the original map of it.

In real life, many major interchanges simultaneously interchange traffic between two or more highways and even at least one non-highway road. Look at the Orange Crush Interchange in California. It's an absolute mess (it actually looks like someone tried to braid their spaghetti), but it also interchanges some traffic with a non-highway road. If you want a REAL mess, look at the supermassive interchange in Los Angeles... I pity, but at the same time would applaud, the guy who would want to reconstruct such an interchange.

It would be a mess of hypermassive proportions if you replaced one of the highways in one of the interchanges I mentioned with Highway 401...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Risu

c0rnh0li0

Quote from: Haljackey on April 18, 2011, 03:08:17 PM
Yeah? Try this one:

I'm terrible. :P

I'm sending my receipts for Excedrin to you.

Lowkee33

While not a wild RHW, my first NWM attempt teaches me the meaning of puzzle-piece.

io_bg

I'm afraid you haven't used the TULEPs pieces properly %confuso
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

aragornjdl

Wow, Haljackey, that's pretty impressive!  :o I assume there will be more city to the bottom left and right, hence all the ramps?
My only comment is that you don't have nearly enough signs to guide motorists through that jungle! I certainly wouldn't want to drive it!  :'(

Lowkee33

Quote from: io_bg on April 19, 2011, 01:40:15 PM
I'm afraid you haven't used the TULEPs pieces properly %confuso

Really?  Hmm.  Because the left side doesn't need turning lanes? I see that now.

j-dub

Lokee, when the NWM improoves, you will be able to make that diagonal turn up top with the MAVE-4.

As for IO's comment and the right turn lanes into nothing, that exists in the US with avenue left turn lanes into nothing, where you cross at the light, you just head towards a curb. This usually is just because what they initially planned for development, did not work out, but sometimes they don't make the correction, or their logic is U turn lane, despite for trailer trucks, its still a bit tight. However, I too admit the TuLEPs don't even comply 100 percent to USDOT guidelines, as the diagonal crosshatching is not even there. As for the tight turn lane issue, there used to be an avenue left turn lane texture that did not take almost a full piece of restricted center lane, but when TuLEPs were made, that texture was revised for a longer transition, but the reality, abrupt turn lane entry does exist. In the US, the Mave texture also really would have a diagonal crosshatch after the TuLEP. The other thing that would exist if the Mave to Ave immediately transitioned into a turn lane, instead of that lane restriction, but that's that. I thought Europe also uses diagonal cross lines in the middle too, but thats that. While I did not say the obvious is going to be solved anytime soon, the keyword is the future, and at least awareness.

Lowkee33

Something more like this? I do have LHD btw.

Can sims do U-turns at an intersection like this?

GDO29Anagram

The TuLEP pieces aren't designed for U-Turns.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

j-dub

Of course not, I was just saying that in the US it does not make any sense when they have real turn lanes on avenues at the light that lead no where.

DJSun1981

I have got new ideas for some street crossroad - creations and lanes:

-) The yellow lines
-) If I build a turning - lane,I dont have some possibilities to build the first two arrows, wich I drawed into the red circle.

godjcjk12

@DJSun1981: Great Idea! :thumbsup: That would definitely add more realism to the road networks of this game. But I think this post belongs in the TULEPS Forum - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=8460.0
I'm not a moderator though, so I may be wrong.

j-dub

The least is that the pieces with right turn lanes have been made, but not a right turn lane opposing a left turn lane like that pictured, but it seems Mrtnrln is constantly on the move producing pieces, I don't make any guarantees though, but since you were using those textures...

Haljackey

Got a city that's about 5 years old to load today. Usually loading my old cities causes SC4 to crash but it looks like I had some luck on my side today. I wanted to get some shots of some of the junctions I built and show em here.

Here's a small mosaic I made. Click for full size.

http://i.imgur.com/GwUcn.jpg

Avenue focal point in front of a train station.

And a fun one. Even with 3 highway toll booths, each one hovered at about 30% over capacity.  :P

I just got the NAM when this city was made. As you can see I was still getting the hang of how to use it lol.

Risu

Quote from: Haljackey on April 24, 2011, 09:29:48 PMAvenue focal point in front of a train station.
Ewww yuck, that abandonment looks alot more "focal" to me. ???