• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurning_Chimp

OK, this is me experimenting with the custom interchanges for the first time.

art128

Now it's time moving to the RHW! :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: art128 on October 13, 2011, 12:40:27 PM
Now it's time moving to the RHW! :)

Didn't that come with the latest NAM?

MandelSoft

^^ It's a seperate addon, but you require the NAM in order to make it work.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: mrtnrln on October 13, 2011, 01:33:29 PM
^^ It's a seperate addon, but you require the NAM in order to make it work.

I see, I was wondering how people got the little off-ramps and such!

j-dub

@Gurning_Chimp, due to how the RHW is designed at a bigger scale, the ramps are not so little in length, it will take time to plan to replace that trumpet interchange, especially with making mental calculations, but the RHW's features are worth it.

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: j-dub on October 14, 2011, 01:48:55 PM
@Gurning_Chimp, due to how the RHW is designed at a bigger scale, the ramps are not so little in length, it will take time to plan to replace that trumpet interchange, especially with making mental calculations, but the RHW's features are worth it.

Arrrgh, I've developed around that area now too! Oh well, I'll survive.

solovinodelmal

Hi everyone! I think actually this is my very first (it says posts:2) post in SC4Devotion, I've been a fan of you guys and all your interchanges for a few years now, I used to play SC4 some time ago but the way Maxis Highway connects to other networks like roads or Avenues got me frustrated. I just learned recently about the new NAM and RHW and got the bugs again, so I've been catching up for the last 2 months and been trying the new RHW 5, and here's a few things I've done so far:

A trumpet interchange

Another angle

I'm not sure what to call this, Hybrid T Interchange? I wouldn't know

There's an off ramp exit going nowhere but I plan to connect it to an Av or a street when I develop the zone

a T Bone Interchange, I'll try to rebuild it later to make it more compact

Here's my last one, It's a kind of a massive Y Interchange I guess, on the corner of a city called Modesto, I'm trying to build a RHW 8C Beltway with RHW 4 collectors like the one in my hometown and This Interchange connects to the beginning of a RHW 8S that goes trough a valley and a river and connects to another big urban area, a smaller seaport city called Todosantos.

I know it's not very realistic since it appears the tunnels intersect each other, but the game let me so I cheated on that one.

I'm planning to move the whole interchange and diagonal part about 5 tiles to the right so the RHW 8S going north part don't have to curve like that. But it's tricky, there's a lot of slope in that area and have to some terraforming there.

I did some major terraforming in this other SPUI Interchange between the RWH 8S some miles up north and a expressway that connects another RHW 4 up there, I had to sacrifice an unrealistic amount of hill there.

The expressway connect with a Trumpet Interchange to the RHW 4.

And finally just a Partial T Interchange I made, nothing complicated.

Sorry if it's too many pics or the size of them, I looked for rules about that stuff but could not find them anywhere.

I think I'm getting better but I know I still have a long way to go, maybe you could give me some advice about them. ;) 

Saludos desde México

io_bg

These are very nice, great work on them :thumbsup: As for the picture posting - you'd better convert yours to jpeg before uploading because jpegs are smaller in file size and load faster :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Swordmaster

Some interesting designs in there! Quite nice, indeed.

solovinodelmal

Thanks guys, and io_bg, I'll take that in mind from now on ;)

I worked yesterday on these other 2 interchanges, both are inspired from the most common type of interchange used in my hometown, I don't know what it's called, could be a diamond or a volleyball interchange.

The first one has a more "urban" look (aside from the fact it still is an undeveloped zone). It's an interchange between the Modesto Beltway and an radial expressway coming from downtown.

some detail and eye-candy

And the second one has a more "rural" feeling, it's a RHW 8S connecting with a RHW 4.

Detail

BTW, Does anyone knows the size width of this column so I can change the pics to fit the screen?

Cheers!

jdenm8

They're both volleyballs (essentially two diamonds stacked on top of one another).

As for the size of the pictures, SC4D has a very strict 800x600 policy (that I don't necessarily agree with) although that is usually relaxed a little in here.
You can feel free to link to larger versions by using code like this:
[url=Large Image URL Goes Here][img]Small Image URL Goes Here[/img][/url]

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

j-dub

@solovinodelmal: Epic win. Good use of RHW arrows before the signalized intersections.

Floydian

This is my upgrade of what was originally a road x road intersection. North is to the right.
With an AADT of over 6000, the intersection was becoming subject to regular accidents. The Aetrean Highway Department decided to bypass the growing community to the south at the same time in order to provide a controlled-access route. The intersection was constructed with minimal disruption, and the original road narrowed to a rural lane.

This first image (unfortunately I did not take a before :thumbsdown:) shows the northern half completed. The southern half will bypass the builtup area.

This image shows the completed work. The original concession line has been downgraded.

Here is an overview of the completed project showing the northern tie-in.

banditp61

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: banditp61 on October 18, 2011, 10:06:08 AM
is FAR AVE in the new NAM???

Yes it is. :)

You can find it where the AVE roundabouts are.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Risu

I just wish there were FAAVE intersection pieces; both ortho' and diagonal.

io_bg

What I'm missing the most about the FAAVEs is a diagonal to FA piece.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Floydian

Quote from: io_bg on October 18, 2011, 11:22:47 PM
What I'm missing the most about the FAAVEs is a diagonal to FA piece.

Well, I'm hoping that this time when they said "we can release little addons of individual pieces now", they meant it for this version (they've said it since 3.0 I think). I'm itching for the FARAVE intersections, as well as some FA Road intersections not centered on the middle tile of three, and most of all, diagonal on-slope transitions for RHW-4 and MIS.

But this version definitely adds some much needed FARHW pieces

jordanfrew1994

Hey everyone, this is my first ever post on the site.  This is an interchange which will be in my Bergerland CJ over at ST which I am bringing back to life after an age of neglect.  It's a 3 way intersection with speed in mind.  To the south (8 lanes) is the capital Askersund and the countries International Airport.  To the north is the second largest city Lillefjell and to the west is a string of small to medium sized towns along a fjord which I have not named yet.  Please go easy on me, it's my first post :D